Has The Q Got Anything For A 16 Year Old Girl?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

caretodiffer

Registered Shopper
I have to buy a 16th birthday present for a girl who has everything, (well almost everything :happy:).

I am looking for something different from the usual.

Can I get anything from the Q?

I thought about Links of London but they are too expensive for teeny weeny bits in my opinion.

Pearls? I am not sure if she will think of them as " for old people"

I want to get her something nice, not too expensive, but classy, that she can show off.

Please help.:mysmilie_508:

I wouldn`t bother with anything from Q personally. My hubby has a 16 year old grand daughter and the only jewellery she bothers with are earrings or wristwear. Ear climbers seem to be popular at the moment but also bracelets or bangles. These are nice and come beautifully gift wrapped and free delivery.
http://www.marthajackson.co.uk/search?type=product&q=hanging

I do like the earrings and necklaces, Vienna , they are different and classy.

How long do they take to arrive?

Thank you so much for your help:mysmilie_508:

I do like the earrings and necklaces, Vienna , they are different and classy.

How long do they take to arrive?

Thank you so much for your help:mysmilie_508:

The last time I ordered something from Martha Jackson site ( earrings ) they arrived very quickly, within a few days. The hanging bracelets look lovely btw, the kind of thing my hubby`s 16 year old grand daughter would wear, especially the crown one and everything is sterling silver.

Lola Rose, Kipling or a Lulu Guiness bag!
I did think of Lola Rose necklace, she is a tall well developed young lady so they will look nice on her, but I have to remember she is still a child and she may think of it as for older people, ...do you think:dull:?

Kipling bag...I don't know, she travels a lot and can do with a light bag, kids are into backpacks :cool:aren't they?

Lulu Guinness.... you must be joking :tongue:

I think Lola Rose would be nice. They don't cost a fortune but are not cheap / tacky. You could get her a necklace in something classic - white / black / grey, or maybe opt for pink / purple or - a turquoisey colour - which is "bang on-trend" this season. This summer it's all about aquamarine and blue turquoise, so anything in that colour spectrum would be nice. Kipling bags, again are not too expensive and come with a fun monkey attached. I'd probably buy her a stretch bracelet. Whatever you do, don't buy her a Michele Hope stretchy lace cardigan in dusky pink!

I would say find out what colours she likes and buy her LR. I'm not a girl but I remember when I was 16 I wanted to look older! Now I want to look younger! I think if you choose the right LR piece she will really love it. Although I don't like the LR guest and her silly voice, her jewellery range does transcend all age groups. When you buy for her, think of buying for someone who is 21-22, as that will likely be what she is aspiring to.

This comes in different colours:

http://www.qvcuk.com/Lola-Rose-Leah...html?sc=PSCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-17-_-306193

Or the black and white is a safe choice:

http://www.qvcuk.com/Lola-Rose-Leah...html?sc=PSCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-17-_-306193

This is really nice:

http://www.qvcuk.com/Lola-Rose-Bria....305316.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-10-_-305316

This friendship bracelet comes in different colour options and is nice:

http://www.qvcuk.com/Lola-Rose-Tris...t.304085.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-2-_-304085

Last edited:
Jewellery is always difficult to buy for other people as it's such a personal thing. Also at 16 I don't think you appreciate a decent piece of jewellery, fashion jewellery from high street clothes stores is more what teenagers wear.

I'd say getting her a nail varnish set (OPI or Nails Inc, a brand that's well known outside of QVC) would be a better option. Just my thought :)

This may sound awful to some, but when I was a teenager I appreciated gifts of money more than anything else. Especially in the years before I got my first Saturday job.

I tended to receive gifts that were either too childish or too practical and boring; cash was better as I could put it towards something that I really wanted and people would never think of buying me.

I know a lot of people prefer giving gifts, but when you're at an awkward age it's difficult

There is a great sale at Swarovski at the moment and I would think a slake or a stardust bracelet would make a very fashionable and pretty gift. The sales ones are very reasonably priced and look fabulous on (I have a quite a few but love my bling) :sun: I like Annie Haak jewellery and would recommend them as well but think they have got a bit pricey over the last couple of years.

Many 16 year olds soon fall out with things as fashion and tastes change every 5 minutes so it seems. One minute something is a redhot must have, the next minute it`s old hat. At 16 they`re often still finding their own style and are swayed by magazines, internet and TV programmes. My hubby`s 16 year old grand daughter wouldn`t be seen dead with anything Kipling or Lola Rose and even though she may know who Lulu Guinness is, she wouldn`t appreciate the value of one of her bags, in fact I never see her with a bag, only her phone case to which she is welded.
Like most 16 year olds she is well into makeup but once again her style seems to change weekly. as does her hair. She`s big into ear climbers at the moment and stacking bracelets and bangles, some sterling silver, some costume but I`m expecting that to change anytime soon. Clothes are where her real love seems to be. Names on trainers, shoes, tops and jeans etc seem to matter a lot to her and she`ll pay more for one T shirt than I`ll pay for 4. Not to mention she`ll pay a small fortune for one designer pair of footwear !

Latest posts

Back