Have the models

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
been told just to stand like ****** statues and not move a muscle ? Watching some fashion shows today and Kipling shows, they are just stood like mannequins ! I wanted to see if the split skirt by Kim & Co was on both sides, but the model just swayed from side to side and that was it ! didn't turn around or walk forward, nothing. Same with the rest of fashion, no movement or walking around so we get an all round view. The Kipling show is even worse as the camera work doesn't focus on the bag and flicks about so we never get to see the details. Again with the shoes, the model just ups her foot and never steps off the fluffy rug !

Going from bad to worse. Bring back the cat-walk.

been told just to stand like ****** statues and not move a muscle ? Watching some fashion shows today and Kipling shows, they are just stood like mannequins ! I wanted to see if the split skirt by Kim & Co was on both sides, but the model just swayed from side to side and that was it ! didn't turn around or walk forward, nothing. Same with the rest of fashion, no movement or walking around so we get an all round view. The Kipling show is even worse as the camera work doesn't focus on the bag and flicks about so we never get to see the details. Again with the shoes, the model just ups her foot and never steps off the fluffy rug !

I don't know, but I think the people behind the scenes who plan the fashion and accessories shows are inexperienced youngsters who are considering a career in TV. I believe they are called 'floor managers' or 'producers'. They probably get little pay and do their best, but, imo, they just don't cut the mustard. Some of the models certainly need some help. They're not doing it right.

Did anyone else notice the tall dark (and clearly of another religion) model who was on the shoe show ? I noticed that she wore leggings UNDER the trousers she wore. I'm all for diversity but these models are restricted to modelling jewellery and shoes, because fashion is solely aimed at Western women who don't cover up, and other religions tend to use their own fashion shops anyway.

Did anyone else notice the tall dark (and clearly of another religion) model who was on the shoe show ? I noticed that she wore leggings UNDER the trousers she wore. I'm all for diversity but these models are restricted to modelling jewellery and shoes, because fashion is solely aimed at Western women who don't cover up, and other religions tend to use their own fashion shops anyway.
Maybe she was cold. I wear leggings if I go for a walk and it's very cold especially an icy wind.
We've still got lying snow atm and my poor camelias and choisya don't look happy.🥶🥶😩

There is a model who wears polo neck under all the dresses to cover up her chest area even when it’s just a slight v neck.
It doesn’t show the dresses off very well.

There is a model who wears polo neck under all the dresses to cover up her chest area even when it’s just a slight v neck.
It doesn’t show the dresses off very well.
Yes but they're always saying you can wear a roll neck or polo jumper under this dress /shirt/tunic.
Who buys a summer dress to wear a jumper under??? If you're cold surely a cardi looks better imo.

Why don't QVC involve them more as they do on IW? Do the QVC presenters ever actually engage with their clothes models and speak to them, ask their opinions on the clothes that they are wearing - what they are asking viewers to buy? Rarely have I seen the fashion programs on QVC, but on the few times I have, the models just seem to be like stuffed dummies, walking around vacantly grinning at the camera and saying very little if anything at all. Why aren't their opinions and their verbal input in general sought? QVC is staid and behind the times in general. Very much the greaseproof toilet paper, granny's toilet of TV home shopping, than the groovy modern day urinals it should be.

Yes, can you imagine Sophia voicing her opinion of the way she looks in pink poly/elastane leggings? Or those short skirts and ankle boots that are a complete no no for her body shape. Or the very slim models gushing about the one size fits no-one tents that Frank Usher produce that make them look like God knows what? You can tell the models know they look horrendous in some things and no amount of lying is going to change it.

CC

I don't know, but I think the people behind the scenes who plan the fashion and accessories shows are inexperienced youngsters who are considering a career in TV. I believe they are called 'floor managers' or 'producers'. They probably get little pay and do their best, but, imo, they just don't cut the mustard. Some of the models certainly need some help. They're not doing it right.
I expect many are interns.

Yes, can you imagine Sophia voicing her opinion of the way she looks in pink poly/elastane leggings? Or those short skirts and ankle boots that are a complete no no for her body shape. Or the very slim models gushing about the one size fits no-one tents that Frank Usher produce that make them look like God knows what? You can tell the models know they look horrendous in some things and no amount of lying is going to change it.

CC
Sometimes I see them coming out, & to me, it is obvious they are trying not to laugh. This happens when they are wearing something especially ghastly.

Why don't QVC involve them more as they do on IW? Do the QVC presenters ever actually engage with their clothes models and speak to them, ask their opinions on the clothes that they are wearing - what they are asking viewers to buy? Rarely have I seen the fashion programs on QVC, but on the few times I have, the models just seem to be like stuffed dummies, walking around vacantly grinning at the camera and saying very little if anything at all. Why aren't their opinions and their verbal input in general sought? QVC is staid and behind the times in general. Very much the greaseproof toilet paper, granny's toilet of TV home shopping, than the groovy modern day urinals it should be.
I'm sure in the days of Joy, Tania and Sharon they used to chat.

Bring back the old Models

At least ideal world let them talk

Latest posts

Back