Have To Admit This Made Me Cry

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So agree Donna, and I feel your pain, truly.

Many times I've questioned my emotions when losing a dog, because I've wailed and felt physically hurt, something that has never happened when I've lost friends or family.

I was 66 when I bought my puppy Border Terrier, and wondered whether I had done the right thing. Whether I would be incapacitated at a later date and not be able to walk her etc etc, and I would be 80 if she 'hopefully' lasted the normal average of 14 years, and if I was still around too. Well, she had her 6th birthday last Friday, and I'm 72 later on. I have prepared myself mentally that when her time is up, mine will be too. Apart from 2 brothers with families of their own, I have no family and live alone. So M is my heartbeat, my darling girl companion, who knows my every move, senses what I'm thinking but can be wilfully truculent when it suits.

She is my last dog, and I'm her first love, - no children, no grandchildren, I am no-ones first consideration, and only get a cursory visit for an hour on Christmas Day by a couple of nephews. There are thousands like me in the same boat, which is why I cherish every day that me and my little dog are together.

Many times I've questioned my emotions when losing a dog, because I've wailed and felt physically hurt, something that has never happened when I've lost friends or family.

I was 66 when I bought my puppy Border Terrier, and wondered whether I had done the right thing. Whether I would be incapacitated at a later date and not be able to walk her etc etc, and I would be 80 if she 'hopefully' lasted the normal average of 14 years, and if I was still around too. Well, she had her 6th birthday last Friday, and I'm 72 later on. I have prepared myself mentally that when her time is up, mine will be too. Apart from 2 brothers with families of their own, I have no family and live alone. So M is my heartbeat, my darling girl companion, who knows my every move, senses what I'm thinking but can be wilfully truculent when it suits.

She is my last dog, and I'm her first love, - no children, no grandchildren, I am no-ones first consideration, and only get a cursory visit for an hour on Christmas Day by a couple of nephews. There are thousands like me in the same boat, which is why I cherish every day that me and my little dog are together.
Everything I want to say sounds so trite but I hope that you'll both be enjoying life in eight years time & beyond. Your expression 'no-one's first consideration' was also my sister's when she was widowed & it's one that pulls me up by my bootstraps when I'm feeling sorry for myself.

You know what Brissles indulge yourself for all its worth you and you bestie, as my youngest would say: "I am living my best Life!

It will be a year in July since I lost my lovely moggie Eric aged 21 (pictured). I miss having a cat around the house but yet I’m just not ready to welcome another one. The Cats Protection Centre near me is in lockdown But once it’s lifted I think I might foster some kittens, I feel it would be less emotional just having them for a few weeks.

sorry to go off at a tangent !

My 3 cats are my children, can’t have real ones ( children). My husband and I were so upset when we lost one 2 years ago, yet when father in law died, we didn’t cry at all.
Cats and dogs are much better than people - they don’t argue back and love you unconditionally.
It is so hard when you lose one, but you have to remember the joy and love they gave you. I couldn’t be without mine.

I didn't see it but know how poor Laura felt, I lost my Delilah a few weeks back at 17, she had cancer. It does leave a great big gap that won't be filled.
So sorry to hear about your Delilah. Hugsxx

It will be a year in July since I lost my lovely moggie Eric aged 21 (pictured). I miss having a cat around the house but yet I’m just not ready to welcome another one. The Cats Protection Centre near me is in lockdown But once it’s lifted I think I might foster some kittens, I feel it would be less emotional just having them for a few weeks.

Be warned. Em. I fostered Cato & she ended up staying until she ended her days 8 years later. She was older than CP let on...Grrrrr. I loved her & still miss her terribly. She had everyone wrapped around her paws & could open the cabin latch on the stair door, which Obie cannot!

I admit I have started looking around for another Burmese, I just love the breed. I contacted two breeders asking about adult cats perhaps returned which I thought would be easier to get but it seems they have kittens or expecting some. After chatting with one woman she is in Tipperary! Way too far for me and as all the cat shows have been cancelled for the year she will not be coming up North. The other is in Dromore and high up in the N.I Cat Fancy Society. She actually had a kitten unbooked but I panicked and said too soon. But she is due kittens this month so ready around late August or early September hopefully lockdown over and might be the right time for me. But she is always keeping an eye on adults needing to be rehomed for me as well. My first Burmese back in 1987 was a year old and had been returned to the breeder. He lived until 12 and also passed because of cancer.

I admit I have started looking around for another Burmese, I just love the breed. I contacted two breeders asking about adult cats perhaps returned which I thought would be easier to get but it seems they have kittens or expecting some. After chatting with one woman she is in Tipperary! Way too far for me and as all the cat shows have been cancelled for the year she will not be coming up North. The other is in Dromore and high up in the N.I Cat Fancy Society. She actually had a kitten unbooked but I panicked and said too soon. But she is due kittens this month so ready around late August or early September hopefully lockdown over and might be the right time for me. But she is always keeping an eye on adults needing to be rehomed for me as well. My first Burmese back in 1987 was a year old and had been returned to the breeder. He lived until 12 and also passed because of cancer.
Remember there are loads of moggies in rescue that need a home - far far cheaper than fancies & live longer too.

So sorry for your loss I lost my cat a few weeks ago he was 19. I said I would not get another one but volunteering for the RSPCA is very tempting and I decided to get Mitsi she is 8 and has settled in very well. Hope you foster some kittens soon.

Latest posts

Back