Have To Admit This Made Me Cry

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have to admit I’m more of a dog person well up this moment in time and my hubby is too but you never know just how life takes us and our animals.
So far in my life I’ve been lucky to share it with plenty animals being allowed from young goldfish, tropical fish, rabbit, hamster, guinea pig but sadly never a horse that a wished for every birthday whilst blowing out the candles on by birthday cake.
Since visiting Scotland growing up we then got our first dog a westie, then since then as time went by three others. Till now with my own daughter going up we have a yellow Labrador. Then difference in a happy smiling child coming downstairs to her doggy in a morning was unbelievable. Even now mid twenties newly working away she misses him so much.

I’m so sorry for your losing them. There really is no grief like it.
I couldn’t imagine life without a dog. I’ve had them in my life since the day I was born, my dad had sheepdogs & my grandmother who we lived with bred & showed Pekingese & gave me my first dog of my very own when I was five. A big red bow round his neck on my bed on Christmas morning. I’ve shown & bred for many years, over forty, so really know the pain of losing them. Even when you have several, each one makes a special place to curl up in your heart that’s never filled, the next one just gets them to budge up to make their own space. I lost one a few months ago that has devastated me to be honest, he was my special little boy, such a wonderful little soul. I never, ever heard him so much as growl at anything his entire life. He had cancer & I was lucky that my vet was able to keep him pain free & happy for two more years after she’d said to expect just weeks. And he was happy, as she said “ he doesn’t know he is ill”. I still miss him every day. I have two others, another little Yorkie who is my shadow, stuck to my ankles or my knee by day & my side in bed at night. And my Blonde Bombshell on my avatar. Both now thirteeen so I’m trying to cherish every day & not think too far ahead.

Thank you all for heartfelt comments, and so heartening to know that we all love and adore our pets to bits. I once told another dog walker that I didn't love my dog, and she looked horrified, until I said "I was IN love with him (as it was my whippet at the time)", which explains more fully the overwhelming intensity of the feeling.

I've
Remember there are loads of moggies in rescue that need a home - far far cheaper than fancies & live longer too.
Just re read this (Donna) & realised it may sound somewhat insensitive. I'm sorry, because I never meant any harm. There are however some lovely moggies in rescue....buuuuut there may be a Burmese in rescue too....win win! I've seen Ragdolls in the Blue Cross. Hugsxxx

I once owned a beautiful Berman - similar to a ragdoll, and I'm not a cat person, but he was bought for me, and 'smart and adorable' barely covers the description of him. My husband called him Topcat, so he became TC which was shortened again to Tees - he was just turned 20 when his legs went and we had to do the inevitable, but like all pets, will never be forgotten.

I realised today that it will be 10 years at Christmas since my very feisty border terrier went to the Bridge. I've missed him so much every single day and can't believe 10 years have gone. Run free wee man, meet you there 🌈

CC
I've always found it interesting that you write about being reunited with your furry family. I've never had a faith but occasionally wonder if this is IT or if there's something else. If there is it will be so wonderful for me to be back with all those fluffballs, not so sure about most of the humans.

They come to me in my dreams, sit by me, we go on walks and I'm holding them again, then I wake up and it's not them, it's Bryan. People might think I'm nuts but it's all real to me. There's days I think Bryan's back from his walk with Mr CC because I see the white flash out the corner of my eye but when I turn round there's nothing there - but there is because it's one of my departed dogs. I know, mad lol.

CC

I once owned a beautiful Berman - similar to a ragdoll, and I'm not a cat person, but he was bought for me, and 'smart and adorable' barely covers the description of him. My husband called him Topcat, so he became TC which was shortened again to Tees - he was just turned 20 when his legs went and we had to do the inevitable, but like all pets, will never be forgotten.
He sounds gorgeous, B. I'd love a cat (NOW!) but it seems irresponsible to get (rescue) one as my street is full of them. Chap in house behind us has 3!!!!. One poos daily in the nice willow tree grassy bit in the street & the other 2 spend hours in my garden. Doesn't seem right to add another, given all the birds etc. My garden has loads of birds, & a hedgepig!!! So doesn't seem right. I bet a neighbour will get a cat though, without a second thought...Grrrrrrr

They come to me in my dreams, sit by me, we go on walks and I'm holding them again, then I wake up and it's not them, it's Bryan. People might think I'm nuts but it's all real to me. There's days I think Bryan's back from his walk with Mr CC because I see the white flash out the corner of my eye but when I turn round there's nothing there - but there is because it's one of my departed dogs. I know, mad lol.

CC
I don't think it's mad. Maybe you have 'the sight' (cue twilight zone tune)
What's your star sign? (not as random as it sounds)

I regularly dream of my departed pets - often my rabbits from when I was 13 years old & younger! I always get so worried in the dream cos I haven't cleaned/fed/exercised them for years & years! Also my cats 20 years back.

My star sign is Leo and yes, I think I have that ability to sense "ghosts". When I go into an empty Church I feel like I'm in a crowd, I can sense people around me but they're not there.

After Perry died and I was completely distraught my vet told me that dogs will hang around until they make sure that we're OK then they will leave, but not before. I honestly don't think mine ever left.

CC

My star sign is Leo and yes, I think I have that ability to sense "ghosts". When I go into an empty Church I feel like I'm in a crowd, I can sense people around me but they're not there.

After Perry died and I was completely distraught my vet told me that dogs will hang around until they make sure that we're OK then they will leave, but not before. I honestly don't think mine ever left.

CC
I think that's wonderful, my sister & her older son also see one of theirs.

I firmly believe our fur or feather friends stay with us in spirit form or visit us regularly. I was 8 years old when we got our first dog, a black and white mongrel called Scamp. I fell in love with him and he followed me around, sat with me, played with me and spent far more time with me than he did with my brothers or sister.
My sister was 13 when we got him and we were told it was my job to feed him and her job to walk him which she hated doing.
When I was 11 my sister started work so I was told I was now old enough to walk the dog by myself. It was no hardship to me and we lived near to open fields and a canal and so I`d take Scamp where I could let him off his lead and he could follow his nose and scout for something interesting to sniff at or chase.
One day I was out with him and across a field with a small wooded area and the following memory is something I will never forget. Someone grabbed me from behind and threw me on the floor and started trying to take off my knickers. It was broad daylight, just after I`d arrived home from school and the usual time I walked Scamp and there was nobody else around and no houses within shouting distance and the person who attacked me had chosen his spot and knew we would be hidden by the trees..
Of course I was terrified, hysterical and screaming and shouting for help. What happened in the next few minutes showed me even as a child that the bond between humans and animals is the deepest bond there is. Out of nowhere my gentle , playful, loving pet became a tiger and on hearing me shout and scream he came running to me and bared his teeth and grabbed the man on top of me. It gave me just enough time to get up and run for my life. Scamp let go of my attacker and ran after me and the guy was running after us both. Luckily when I reached a nearby footpath I saw someone walking towards me and hysterically I tried to tell him what had happened. My attacker stopped chasing and ran off in a different direction.
The teenager who I hysterically ran to then took me home, the Police were called, my Mum fell to bits , my Dad threatened murder but physically I wasn`t hurt but mentally I was scarred.
I wouldn`t go to bed without Scamp, I wouldn`t leave the house not even to walk him, I wouldn`t talk about what had happened, in fact I wouldn`t talk at all except to Scamp. It took me a long long time to feel safe again and my Dad told me in later years that the one thing which hurt him to the core at that awful period in my life was that I`d no longer stay in a room alone with any man, even with him my own Father.
It seems I was one of several girls/women who were attacked by the same man and he was caught whilst trying to do a similar thing to a teenage girl whilst she was walking under a railway bridge. This all happened 55 years ago.
When I was in my 30`s and my Mum had recently passed away my sister persuaded me to visit a spirit medium with her. Whilst I was having my sitting with the medium she talked of many things and told me several things which I was gobsmacked she knew and at one point she said, there is a black and white dog sitting by you and he looks after you like he`s always done and you have a special bond with this dog which will last forever, he will never leave your side. I only ever had one black and white dog in my life and it was Scamp.
Think what you will but I for one believe he`s still here and that one day our special relationship will be together again on another plane and alongside the other dogs and cats I have loved in my lifetime but he will be the closest.

CC
Fab. The cancer end of Leo - ie more July than August?

You are so lucky!

I firmly believe our fur or feather friends stay with us in spirit form or visit us regularly. I was 8 years old when we got our first dog, a black and white mongrel called Scamp. I fell in love with him and he followed me around, sat with me, played with me and spent far more time with me than he did with my brothers or sister.
My sister was 13 when we got him and we were told it was my job to feed him and her job to walk him which she hated doing.
When I was 11 my sister started work so I was told I was now old enough to walk the dog by myself. It was no hardship to me and we lived near to open fields and a canal and so I`d take Scamp where I could let him off his lead and he could follow his nose and scout for something interesting to sniff at or chase.
One day I was out with him and across a field with a small wooded area and the following memory is something I will never forget. Someone grabbed me from behind and threw me on the floor and started trying to take off my knickers. It was broad daylight, just after I`d arrived home from school and the usual time I walked Scamp and there was nobody else around and no houses within shouting distance and the person who attacked me had chosen his spot and knew we would be hidden by the trees..
Of course I was terrified, hysterical and screaming and shouting for help. What happened in the next few minutes showed me even as a child that the bond between humans and animals is the deepest bond there is. Out of nowhere my gentle , playful, loving pet became a tiger and on hearing me shout and scream he came running to me and bared his teeth and grabbed the man on top of me. It gave me just enough time to get up and run for my life. Scamp let go of my attacker and ran after me and the guy was running after us both. Luckily when I reached a nearby footpath I saw someone walking towards me and hysterically I tried to tell him what had happened. My attacker stopped chasing and ran off in a different direction.
The teenager who I hysterically ran to then took me home, the Police were called, my Mum fell to bits , my Dad threatened murder but physically I wasn`t hurt but mentally I was scarred.
I wouldn`t go to bed without Scamp, I wouldn`t leave the house not even to walk him, I wouldn`t talk about what had happened, in fact I wouldn`t talk at all except to Scamp. It took me a long long time to feel safe again and my Dad told me in later years that the one thing which hurt him to the core at that awful period in my life was that I`d no longer stay in a room alone with any man, even with him my own Father.
It seems I was one of several girls/women who were attacked by the same man and he was caught whilst trying to do a similar thing to a teenage girl whilst she was walking under a railway bridge. This all happened 55 years ago.
When I was in my 30`s and my Mum had recently passed away my sister persuaded me to visit a spirit medium with her. Whilst I was having my sitting with the medium she talked of many things and told me several things which I was gobsmacked she knew and at one point she said, there is a black and white dog sitting by you and he looks after you like he`s always done and you have a special bond with this dog which will last forever, he will never leave your side. I only ever had one black and white dog in my life and it was Scamp.
Think what you will but I for one believe he`s still here and that one day our special relationship will be together again on another plane and alongside the other dogs and cats I have loved in my lifetime but he will be the closest.
My days, thank goodness for Scamp, I'm not surprised that he's always with you.

Latest posts

Back