Have you seen the prices?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
Just had a look at Harriet Houston on the 9 o' clock evening show.....the prices!! a pair of nothing special black diamond earrings set in 9K gold (yes, 9K) = well over £2,000! Would you pay that for something set in a miniscule amount of 9k gold (and what's the quality of the black diamonds like?). They are totally off the wall for selly telly jewellery, and the prices for a couple of other items were in the thousands for just run of the mill stones. I just cannot believe that people are paying these prices - or indeed anywhere near. Why even show products with prices like this when they are just unrealistic?

I have been saying that often. Their prices are absolutely mad, particularly given the low quality of many of their products.

Wow! 199 pounds for aquaphrase in silver! I paid less for my Burmese ruby in 9k gold

The reason the prices are going up is in my opinion they are losing customers and not making enough money...

Totally agree.

Plus they no longer seem to be 'cutting out the middleman', as they once used to boast about. If they're buying from gem shows like Tucson, they're buying from sellers that have already bought it from the mines - so Gemporia are third in line, and us costumers are fourth in line.

With extra people in the middle taking a cut, plus the weak pound against the dollar pushing prices up, plus inflation being so high, it's all going to push the price up.

They really do need to go back to basics and cut out the middle men and also stop buying in made-up jewellery. Go back to buying from mines and making jewellery themselves.

Erm...I don't understand. Just on with Angeline Davies...

3.08g (average). One on sale in P/Q. Zircons 5mm & 2mm. Clarity graded as Included.

£450, incl. P&P Really?!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-02-11-51-30-434.jpeg
    Screenshot_2023-03-02-11-51-30-434.jpeg
    31.8 KB · Views: 33
Sorry, Rachel. A pattern-breaking price still doesn't make it value. Top Google search result is for a UK small business on Etsy doing same for £3.90 + £0.99 P&P. And you can choose the very one you want. Sigh.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-06-15-31-59-751.jpeg
    Screenshot_2023-03-06-15-31-59-751.jpeg
    22.1 KB · Views: 50
I'm not up on the world of bangles but I'm genuinely puzzled.

£144 + P&P for an agate bangle? If you discount any Sellers from China, who are offering EXACTLY the same agate carved to your size, a quick search shows an old RocksTV one starting at £25.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-07-08-08-25-114.jpeg
    Screenshot_2023-03-07-08-08-25-114.jpeg
    39.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_2023-03-07-08-12-54-050.jpeg
    Screenshot_2023-03-07-08-12-54-050.jpeg
    46.3 KB · Views: 50
I'm not up on the world of bangles but I'm genuinely puzzled.

£144 + P&P for an agate bangle? If you discount any Sellers from China, who are offering EXACTLY the same agate carved to your size, a quick search shows an old RocksTV one starting at £25.

I actually wouldn't mind buying one of those bangles. Are they selling the same stone in a bangle for that much? If so, please message me a link. £144 is well out of my price range.

I think Gems are trying to raise cash fast which I understand, but if I buy anything now I am scouring the web for cheaper alternatives first.

I actually wouldn't mind buying one of those bangles. Are they selling the same stone in a bangle for that much? If so, please message me a link. £144 is well out of my price range.

I think Gems are trying to raise cash fast which I understand, but if I buy anything now I am scouring the web for cheaper alternatives first.
I searched just for "agate bangle". This is just one of the same things I saw.

No recommendations, no sponsorship involved 😀

I think this is going to be the nail in the coffin for them.

Their prices have gone from expensive to outrageous.

Gone are the days where they sold in quantity with smaller profit margins as their business model. They're now making huge mark-ups on items and alienating customers.

If they need to raise money, I think this is totally the wrong way of going about it.

I don't think Gemporia know how to turn this around now. I think they're kind of trapped now due to this loan / bank situation.

I searched just for "agate bangle". This is just one of the same things I saw.

No recommendations, no sponsorship involved 😀
Well found! So the largest size there is £100 delivered from China, still a big saving though. I was hoping they'd be £20 somewhere. :)

Latest posts

Back