Help me to resist wobbling

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My advice is to put them in your basket and after half an hour, if you still want them, check your basket out. They will make you smile, and, goodness knows, we all need something to cheer us up, the better if it is a slightly frivolous purchase ! Have fun with them, Stratobuddy.
Loving your new avatar ❤️

I've only got 1 head torch, from Lidl, and I don't think I've ever used it, so I don't know. It was just for my collection.
When does collecting become an obsession? My Mr T is visiting all the Football League grounds & buys a mug EVERY TIME. They are hideous clumsy things & are displayed, in the loosest sense of the word, all over the bookshelves in the room we share for his work & my hobbies.

When does collecting become an obsession? My Mr T is visiting all the Football League grounds & buys a mug EVERY TIME. They are hideous clumsy things & are displayed, in the loosest sense of the word, all over the bookshelves in the room we share for his work & my hobbies.
My best ones are displayed in a glass bookcase, which is now full. Others are scattered around in various drawers.

It all started with one of these when I was a child, and I loved it like a girl loves a doll lol. But it mysteriously went missing, my parents probably ditched it after I moved home and before I could collect all my things :(

Ever Ready bulls eye torch assdjhassjkd.jpg

It used a 4.5 volt flat battery, anyone remember these?

4.5V ER flat battery.jpg

Attachments

• 41TkwkH8kHL._AC_US40_.jpg
    41TkwkH8kHL._AC_US40_.jpg
    642 bytes · Views: 53
Last edited:
Mollie, a friend with macular degeneration tried one of those head torches but it was so fiddly and didn't help him much, fwiw. Maybe a different brand would have been better - who knows?

My best ones are displayed in a glass bookcase, which is now full. Others are scattered around in various drawers.

It all started with one of these when I was a child, and I loved it like a girl loves a doll lol. But it mysteriously went missing, my parents probably ditched it after I moved home and before I could collect all my things :(

View attachment 22447

It used a 4.5 volt flat battery, anyone remember these?

View attachment 22449
I don't remember the battery, however, the torch is beautiful & I can understand why you loved it.

Mollie, a friend with macular degeneration tried one of those head torches but it was so fiddly and didn't help him much, fwiw. Maybe a different brand would have been better - who knows?
Thank you Crystal - I suspected that may be the case.....

Well, I won't be wobbling after all, you have done the trick.

The final straw was that it was on AO, which I hadn't realised.

When I want to wobble, I want to wobble NOW, not in several weeks time.

Ermmm …. I mentioned that they were on advanced order in my earlier post. 😉 (#22) but I agree …. if people buy anything they should expect to receive it quickly and not in weeks.

A lot of things on QVC are now either on advanced order or they’re awaiting stock, neither option in which I’m interested.

Also, well done for deciding to resist the wobbling. 👍

Ermmm …. I mentioned that they were on advanced order in my earlier post. 😉 (#22) but I agree …. if people buy anything they should expect to receive it quickly and not in weeks.

A lot of things on QVC are now either on advanced order or they’re awaiting stock, neither option in which I’m interested.

Also, well done for deciding to resist the wobbling. 👍
Yes, it was your post that told me, I hadn't heard it mentioned on the presentation replay, although I hadn't watched it to the end.

But that was the final straw of the various others.

Yes, I used to polish the chrome and the metallic silvery case regularly.
Before you ask no I don’t know the battery requirement or if rechargeable can be used.
Just I saw this and thought of you……🤔😂😂😂

Attachments

• BC133BDE-F24B-49F1-A1E8-0EE20387640F.jpeg
    BC133BDE-F24B-49F1-A1E8-0EE20387640F.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 61
Before you ask no I don’t know the battery requirement or if rechargeable can be used.
Just I saw this and thought of you……🤔😂😂😂
I've got one torch with a built in knife, fork and spoon.

And a set of 2 large torches from Q that are meant for workmen, and so strong that you can use them as a hammer, even the glass (yes. Q demonstrated that). And they have a flashing red LED in the switch so you can find them in the dark.

And another torch which is kept into a holder plugged into a wall socket. It lights up when you approach it, and you can take it out of the holder to use as a torch, but the most novel feature is that if you have a power cut, it automatically lights up so you can find it. And of course, it is always fully charged. I use this all the time, and it was from Lidl.

I've got one torch with a built in knife, fork and spoon.

And a set of 2 large torches from Q that are meant for workmen, and so strong that you can use them as a hammer, even the glass (yes. Q demonstrated that). And they have a flashing red LED in the switch so you can find them in the dark.

And another torch which is kept into a holder plugged into a wall socket. It lights up when you approach it, and you can take it out of the holder to use as a torch, but the most novel feature is that if you have a power cut, it automatically lights up so you can find it. And of course, it is always fully charged. I use this all the time, and it was from Lidl.
Sounds like your very well stocked.😊

I just like them :)

But the PP of £3-95 puts me off. If it had been £2-95 then ......

And the CR2032 batteries are also off-putting, rather expensive and can't be recharged.

BTW did you know that CR2016, CR2024, CR2032 etc refers to their size? For example, 20mm diameter and 3.2mm thick.

But I am weakening, more help needed not to wobble.
But I am weakening, more help needed not to wobble.<<

Grow up, Strato. No more feckin torches. Mamma Mia! (as in yikes, & not the 'musical')

I remember those batteries. Mr CC has a head torch and he looks a right nob when wearing it to go down to the shed at midnight when he has to have another glass of home made wine (stored in shed) :LOL::LOL:

I have a military grade, small, very powerful flashlight for walking Bry at the caravan and I love it. Thankfully I don't have to wear it on my head.

CC

Latest posts

Back