Help! Tablet or Laptop?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

felinewoman

Registered Shopper
Looking for advice re tablet or laptop.

I am finally thinking of going online at home and don't know whether to go for a tablet or a laptop. I really just want to be able to email and use Google and Facebook and be able to buy online. The more options I look at the more confused I get. SIL and niece have ipads and love them but don't want to pay over the top just for image. I do want reasonable quality though.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks in advance!

I would say that you can manage with a tablet. Long emails from a tablet are a bit of a pain due to the onscreen keyboard, but it is possible to buy an external keyboard if you find you can manage. I work with a laptop but do all my online shopping, forum posts and general sofa surfing from a tablet that lives on the arm of the sofa. Tablets are also faster to startup and the battery life is good. I take mine on holiday and can watch movies on it whilst away. I also downloaded kindle software on to it but have recently bought a kindle as I cannot read my tablet in bright sunlight.
I have a Nexus 7. It is my 2nd tablet as I started with a cheap tablet a few years ago until the technology settled down.
I love my Nexus 7 and find a 7inch screen quite large enough. I tried a Kindle HD fire but sent it back. A friend has the IPad mini and loves it.
I also take my Nexus into the kitchen when I am cooking new recipes as it saves having to print .

I thought I should go for a 10 inch screen as my eyesight isn't the best!

Thanks for your helpful comments and advice, much appreciated. I shall now google a Nexus 7.

There is also a Nexus 10 but it will be more expensive and heavier to hold. If you can get to a shop and take a look you will get a better idea of what size screen you prefer. John Lewis stock the I think. Also Self ridges in London have a good selection. If you live close to your nieces ask for a play on their iPads. My friend who has the mini iPad is very shortsighted and loves her mini iPad she has had every iPad model that has existed. I wear 2.5 reading glasses and am fine with the 7 inch Nexus

I was about to say the same, however, I love my Kindle Fire HD, even so I do find the screen a little small for websites that do not scale, my laptop is getting very elderly and, IF my 10.1in tablet had not ceased charging I would have been more than happy with that as a replacement and I bought a little keyboard in a leatherette case to go with!

It was a Zenithink Android tablet bought from an Amazon third party seller. It stopped charging just after the Amazon cut off, too! Bah!

Latest posts

Back