Help...what was the brand?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
It's not important that I find out because I most certainly don't want to buy this product again - but recently when we were talking about skincare on here, I remembered a set of skincare products I bought from QVC which cost an arm and a leg and were just awful. Why I didn't return it under the 30 day MBG is bugging me even more than not being able to remember the name of it. It came in cheap looking plastic jars which I believe were caramel colour as was the contents . May have had a butterfly on the packaging...there was some kind of design I thought. It was a really gloopy consistency and often slipped from my finger onto the floor or my clothes - It stank of petrol and the smell actually made me feel sick. (I found some of Liz Earle's early stuff smelled just as rank). I thought it began with the letter B....but I could be wrong on this. I've looked at Q's site and I can't find the brand...so can anyone remember or have any idea what I'm going on about. Like I say it's bugging me big time. Thanks folks x

Eureka! I've found it.....Not a B but a C for Clientele. I looked back from the beginning of this section and only had to go a few pages in and saw a post about it and thought yep that's the one. The general consensus was that people actually liked it...but it was by far and away the worst thing I've bought ..possibly wouldn't have said that had it been reasonably priced. The packaging was a flower not a butterfly and I remember the name Estro lift when I saw it...Anyway...not bugged any more lol!

Clientele! i had some of that. Now I wasn't impressed by the creams but I did like the serums which came in large sizes. But I was using a facewash in the shower once and it got in my eye. Holy Moley, the pain!!!!! I thought I was going blind it was so awful.

Wasn't it a pink hibiscus or similar on the packaging which AY always maintained was low key as the money went into the product not the packaging. Hahahahaha.

I don't remember a petrol smell.

It's not important that I find out because I most certainly don't want to buy this product again - but recently when we were talking about skincare on here, I remembered a set of skincare products I bought from QVC which cost an arm and a leg and were just awful. Why I didn't return it under the 30 day MBG is bugging me even more than not being able to remember the name of it. It came in cheap looking plastic jars which I believe were caramel colour as was the contents . May have had a butterfly on the packaging...there was some kind of design I thought. It was a really gloopy consistency and often slipped from my finger onto the floor or my clothes - It stank of petrol and the smell actually made me feel sick. (I found some of Liz Earle's early stuff smelled just as rank). I thought it began with the letter B....but I could be wrong on this. I've looked at Q's site and I can't find the brand...so can anyone remember or have any idea what I'm going on about. Like I say it's bugging me big time. Thanks folks x
I knew there was a capital E in there but didn't remember the Clientele before the Estrolift, well done Candy, it hasn't been on the Q since 2011. I've just spent 30 minutes looking through my reviews because I was sure that I bought a pot, if I did it didn't get a review but I've spent a King's ransom on QVC rubbish & need to find the ice cream maker I lavished praise on several years ago!

Clientele! i had some of that. Now I wasn't impressed by the creams but I did like the serums which came in large sizes. But I was using a facewash in the shower once and it got in my eye. Holy Moley, the pain!!!!! I thought I was going blind it was so awful.

Wasn't it a pink hibiscus or similar on the packaging which AY always maintained was low key as the money went into the product not the packaging. Hahahahaha.

I don't remember a petrol smell.
How's life today?

Oh, a real rave from the QVC grave. I remember buying it actually liked the neck cream as I remember.

Ah, the days when we were innocent and believed every word AY uttered. :rolleyes:

:LOL: Are you sure there was such a time?

I knew there was a capital E in there but didn't remember the Clientele before the Estrolift, well done Candy, it hasn't been on the Q since 2011. I've just spent 30 minutes looking through my reviews because I was sure that I bought a pot, if I did it didn't get a review but I've spent a King's ransom on QVC rubbish & need to find the ice cream maker I lavished praise on several years ago!

Ha ha, I’ve dohe that! Found old product reviews and had no recollection of the thing I was writing about or why!

You and me both and apart from the odd item here and there I don't think there's much I've bought from them that has stood the test of time, or been so good that I've repeat bought. Exceptions being a small slow cooker that's still going and Stylee hair clips for work which I ended up buying elsewhere a lot cheaper. I still have a Modern Soul dress I bought about 25 years ago from them, it's easy care but not sweaty fabric and I still love it and wear it now, and still buy Ahh bras from them when they're on offer. Other than that the crap I've bought from them is nobody's business. I also bought an ice cream maker from them and it was battery operated...basically it was a load of pants and took up and entire freezer drawer...so totally impractical. It consisted of two deep bowls and the battery operated mechanism sat on top...It went in as slop and came out as slop. I couldn't be bothered to return it so I gave the bottom bit to my mum to use as a food/water bowl for her cat. Another epic fail was a cafitiere which had a special compartment to collect the grounds to save you cleaning the jug out and believe me it was soon apparent that a jug with grounds in the bottom was a lot easier to clean than a little compartment which didn't always come out cleanly anyway was to clean...fiddly and then some..we live and learn...or do we? lol!

They made AY's favourite perfume. Apparently she wore it on her wedding day. She obviously doesn't mention it now though.
I think that was another US firm which ceased to operate in the U.K. Wasn't the perfume Calix? I think the firm began with P..... Prescriptives or similar?

I think one of the bigger brands bought out Prescriptives but I can't remember which one. It could gave been Estee Lauder or Elizabeth Arden at the time or one of the other companies, and they said they would continue some of the products but they never did. Some of the Prescriptives makeup was quite good.

Yes, I still have a few of their palettes which I still love. The last cancer charity palette I still use regularly four full-size eyeshadows and full-size blusher and highlighter for £25!

If I added up all the things I bought from QVC over the years I could probably buy a house :oops: You'll all be pleased to know that my santa in the musical truck arrived today and was as dead as a dodo. No lights, no music, working batteries but the truck needs towing. I've asked for a label to return it. Hope it comes within the 60 day MBG. Shame, I liked it as well . . . . No I didn't it was tat. I'm glad it was broken :censored:

CC

I remember the beauty home waxing kit, yes I did buy it. But as always happens with QVC when you used up the wax cartridges they had stopped selling so you could not buy the refills. This happens with electric toothbrushes etc over the years.

Hello,
Not sure whether this helps but I have posted a link to a list of all beauty brands that QVC have done (the list is not that uptodate as some brands are on there that haven't been stocked in 'eons'. It may jog your memory, other than that if the brand was an American brand try HSN or QVC American websites as they may still stock the brand. I tend to find that HSN or the 'slightly above' Ideal World of America (though that is possibly doing HSN a disservice)!

Latest posts

Back