Help with yankee tart burner please.

China Girl

VIP Shopper
I've recently bought a yankee tart burner, not the plug in one that was the tsv, it's one that you use with a T light underneath. It's lovely except for one thing, when I blow out the T light the wax from it spills over and even went on the table I had it on. I've tried being extra careful but you need to blow quite hard or the flame stays lit. I don't really want to wait until the light burns down to nothing as I only like them on for about half an hour or so. Any suggestions would be most welcome, thanks in advance. :whew:
 

Julius

Banned
1) Shield the part wit wax in and direct your puff of air to the flame.
2) Pour water in tart bit and let candle burn out.
3) Close off holes in candle section, thereby starving candle of oxygen.

There - three options to consider!
 

Weathergirl

VIP Shopper
Can you get one of those old fashioned gadgets that you put over the flame to snuff it out rather than have to pick it up to blow it out?
 

Whatsinaname

VIP Shopper
Do you have something heatproof such as a small glass or metal candle tray you could cover the T light with?
 

Nutsville

VIP Shopper
I brought a large flat pair of tweezers, proper candle snuffer, or you can use wick trimmers that also snuff. As far as wax on the table goes I brought a glass coaster, what you stand your mug on. It catches any drips, easy clean but doesn't clash against the tart burner.
 

Victoria plumb

New member
Hi. I use a candle snuffer... most candle shops sell them or ebay will definitely have some:happy:
 

Forum statistics

Threads
40,403
Messages
707,614
Members
7,843
Latest member
StenSTeamp
Top
AdBlock Detected

Thank you for visiting ShoppingTelly.com

We get it, advertisements are annoying, however without them this forum would cease to exist.

Members of ShoppingTelly.com can go TOTALLY AD FREE, VIP LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP is just £10!

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks