Hermes now Evri

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I had a message from them about this in the tracking app the other day and saw the below in the Standard. Surely they are not just changing name to shake off some bad stories about them, because I don’t think people are so stupid as to think a name change means a whole new business? It does look like they’re trying to make some good changes, though.

Like you, madaunty, I am lucky I have a decent service thanks to a good guy locally. I have had some problems over the years but same with all these firms.

I ordered some egyptian cotton bath sheets from Matalan and the delivery email says Evri will deliver them. I`ve had mixed results with Hermes. I had a wonderful Mother and son duo who used to deliver and they were great. She drove the car and scanned the parcels and he took them to the customer. They never left any parcel unattended and if I wasn`t in they`d always return later the same day.
No idea whether they left Hermes or moved to another delivery area but since then its been hit and miss and with different drivers each time. I had a superdrug delivery which arrived in a battered box which was soaking wet and inside a bottle of micellar water was cracked and had leaked everywhere. The driver tried to tell me she hadn`t noticed.
Then another superdrug parcel which contained shaving stuff for Mr V went missing and a third superdrug box arrived soaked and battered but this time through being obviously left in the rain at the depot. The box was almost disintegrated but thankfully the contents were intact.
A change of name won`t make any difference to Hermes feedback from their customers if they continue to have couldn`t care less drivers or employ thieves at their depots or as delivery staff.
Mr V works part time for a taxi firm and one of his fellow drivers openly admits he was sacked from his last job as a delivery driver because he was nicking stuff and how easy it was and they didn`t bother to prosecute him, just sacked him.

I had a Hermes/Evri delivery last night.
Never had a problem with my usual Hermes guy, but this delivery was a nightmare. Changed times twice, then finally arrived well after the time slot, nearly half past nice at night. I don’t want to be answering my door to strangers at that time of night… such a shame as the Hermes guy was brilliant

My Polish Hermes lady is a sweetie, not a bad word to say about her. I hope she stays on my round but it seems this may not be the case. She knows where to stash my parcels that is dry, out of sight and won't get destroyed by the geese. She is also very at ease with the goosies, they know her and welcome her by flapping their wings and gentle honks. I taught her to flap her arms back at them, they love it and it s a natural flocking behaviour!

My Polish Hermes lady is a sweetie, not a bad word to say about her. I hope she stays on my round but it seems this may not be the case. She knows where to stash my parcels that is dry, out of sight and won't get destroyed by the geese. She is also very at ease with the goosies, they know her and welcome her by flapping their wings and gentle honks. I taught her to flap her arms back at them, they love it and it s a natural flocking behaviour!
Geese=great guarders. My woofer would probably lick you to death.

They are brilliant guards. There is always one that is on lookout duty (they rotate shifts), so 5 will be munching grass and 1 keeping stock of things. One faint "hub" from lookout goose and they all immediately go heads up and shout at interlopers. They run up and down the front garden flapping, honking and jumping in the air when familiar people come but a stranger is hissed at and they put their heads down and stretch their necks out. The thing is, they are pussy's in reality and if anyone seriously challenged, they would turn and run but they look and sound so mean!

They have saved us from one break-in that we know of but possibly more. A couple of years ago, I was working and Paul awoke to the sound of the girls sbrieking at just after 3am. When he came down, the back gate was swinging but the intruders had bid a hasty retreat. The geese had busted out of their shed and were patrolling up and down in the open gateway. Once Paul came outside, they went back to bed, feeling very proud of themselves. He apologised to our neighbours, who were also rudely awakened but nobody minded. In fact we've been thanked by a few neighbours who have said that would be thieves considering burgling their places abandoned their mission but left tell-tale tool marks on sheds and back doors. So they are quite fond of my girls, which is nice. I think a lot of would be tobbers know about the honkers and just don't bother, nothing sneaks past a goose :) The Chinese used to use them as an attack alarm in Malaya during WW2, so the Japanese couldnt creep up on them. I just adore geese , so cute, proper little characters and each one unique.

Sorry if I am boring you all, I could yack for days about my menagerie! xx

Hermes deliveries have always been great for me as well. In fact, I find it amusing that they send me an email to let me know they have my parcel at least a day before QVC send me a despatch notification! The only issue I have is with their app, which I deleted and track my packages via the link in their email. I don't like the new name and although I don't have dyslexia, at first glance, I read it as 'Evil' 😱

Years ago I had huge problems with Hermes. I did the crime of asking for help in a Q fan group.

My post was deleted and when I asked admin was told rather abruptly that I wasn't allowed to post negative remarks about anything related to Q.

You can have three guesses who the admin was, her friend and the "royal" group they both controlled with a iron fist. If you need a clue think afternoon tea that didn't happen. 😉

I've had hit and miss with Hermes. My main grump with each and every company is when you get a new driver they don't pass on the instructions about safe place. I have now resorted to putting "please use the back door" as part of the address. Yes, well ... One "great" courier put a parcel in the food waste bin, parcel stank. Another driver put a food parcel by the back door in full view of the sun. Parcel was only there an hour and inside was really hot. Wouldn't mind but I was in the house and tracking wasn't updated for hours - after it had gone dark so no idea what happened there.

I'd hate their job for the tiny amount they are paid, Hermes was about 55p/parcel about 4-5 years ago. Feel sorry for some drivers, but some don't help themselves sometimes.

They are brilliant guards. There is always one that is on lookout duty (they rotate shifts), so 5 will be munching grass and 1 keeping stock of things. One faint "hub" from lookout goose and they all immediately go heads up and shout at interlopers. They run up and down the front garden flapping, honking and jumping in the air when familiar people come but a stranger is hissed at and they put their heads down and stretch their necks out. The thing is, they are pussy's in reality and if anyone seriously challenged, they would turn and run but they look and sound so mean!

They have saved us from one break-in that we know of but possibly more. A couple of years ago, I was working and Paul awoke to the sound of the girls sbrieking at just after 3am. When he came down, the back gate was swinging but the intruders had bid a hasty retreat. The geese had busted out of their shed and were patrolling up and down in the open gateway. Once Paul came outside, they went back to bed, feeling very proud of themselves. He apologised to our neighbours, who were also rudely awakened but nobody minded. In fact we've been thanked by a few neighbours who have said that would be thieves considering burgling their places abandoned their mission but left tell-tale tool marks on sheds and back doors. So they are quite fond of my girls, which is nice. I think a lot of would be tobbers know about the honkers and just don't bother, nothing sneaks past a goose :) The Chinese used to use them as an attack alarm in Malaya during WW2, so the Japanese couldnt creep up on them. I just adore geese , so cute, proper little characters and each one unique.

Yack away as much as you want Ballerina because I for one absolutely love hearing stories like yours, they really make me smile. 😊

Depends on your local driver if you get a good one they are brilliant. If you get a bad one its a nightmare. For 6 good years I have had two and they are lovely. But in between I have had idiots that are spiteful. One experience was a driver who would take photos of a hidden spot then throw the items worth well over £100.00 in plain sight on purpose. I complained to Hermes and QVC and they did nothing. I stopped ordering because of the stress. Old driver is back but I will only really buy occasionally now.

I adore geese & chickens. Unfortunately my neighbour - aka the Washing Gestapo would kretch & kventch were I to obtain some.

..kvetch

Depends on your local driver if you get a good one they are brilliant. If you get a bad one its a nightmare. For 6 good years I have had two and they are lovely. But in between I have had idiots that are spiteful. One experience was a driver who would take photos of a hidden spot then throw the items worth well over £100.00 in plain sight on purpose. I complained to Hermes and QVC and they did nothing. I stopped ordering because of the stress. Old driver is back but I will only really buy occasionally now.
I'm amazed that someone would go aout of their way to do that. Such behaviour is 'up there' with going to chazzers & tearing out the final page in the books.

Latest posts

Back