Hermes revelations

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I had no issues with Hermes, until the two weeks prior to Christmas last year, then it all went wrong, not just with QVC parcels, two parcels with Christmas gifts turned up mid January, repackaged by Hermes, one did not arrive at all. On separate occasions, I received emails from Hermes stating that two QVC parcels were delivered but they had illegible signatures. However, in both cases by the time I received my letters from QVC to declare the items lost, they turned up! The tracking details still showed that they had 'been delivered and signed for' the previous week, followed by the new tracking details and my signature at delivery. This happened again during lockdown with a QVC parcel.

TWO DAYS RUNNING I've had tracking emails from Hermes saying that my parcel was with the courier and would be delivered by a specified time that day.

Then later in the day I had an email saying that there had been a problem, so it would be delivered the next day instead.

So that's one parcel, delayed 2 days running, so now waiting for today's email.

This was yesterday - - - -

14:43 - Tue 17 Nov​

We're sorry your local courier couldn't deliver your parcel today. We'll try again on the next working day

Never had a problem with Hermes, even when I lived in the city. I think they (or some of their drivers) sub-contract to blokes with vans who then don't give the best service or deliver at all. I've had Lipstick Queen's experience of non receipt from QVC, complaining and then the items appear a day or two later. I spotted one guy leaping out of an old car and leaving a box on the doorstep and another one was a white unmarked van. On most occasions though it is the same guy that delivers from Hermes and he's pretty good.

I suspect this year deliveries will be a bit of a shambles as millions will be ordering online.

CC

I’ve never had a problem . At the moment with people staying home and ordering online they must be pretty overwhelmed as are other delivery firms. Coupled with that the Covid road closures without any local consultations are causing havoc across London and I should think elsewhere.

My Hermes has been okayish, in fact better than amazon, I ordered a bottle of Aperol but you now need a signature from the person who ordered it, and of course over 18, actually they wanted over 25 yrs. couldn’t be the next door neighbours either ! Plus they wanted identity proof e.g. passport / diving license, when they finally found me in, i told them to stuff it, as he could see I was over the age of 18! Tesco had the same offer at the same time £14 for a litre, so I wasn’t bothered about it, but the guy decided to leave the ID and gave me the parcel. So amazon lost future sales with me, too much palava for a bottle of Aperol!

My latest email, but no update yet.

There's a delay with your delivery of your QVC parcel.

Don't worry, we will send you a message on Wed Nov 18 2020 regarding your delivery.

My Hermes delivery man is very good, as is my mother’s.
The only time we have any problems is when it’s not the usual driver. It appears that the extra staff they use are not very good - they need to recruit better temporary staff

Strato I-had that recently but it did come eventually. I began to dread seeing the little yellow triangle with the ! on the tracking. In fact I have a feeling it may have been on its fourth tour of South London that it finally made it here, a very bedraggled little parcel.

I’ve never had a problem with Hermes. In fact I breathe a sigh of relief when I know that they’ll be delivering something. My local team are brilliant and know where my safe place is in case I’m out. They also send a 4 hour window and it’s always arrived within that timescale.

DPD, however, delivered a golf bag last week that I‘d bought for the ex for Christmas, but he didn’t deliver it to me. He took it to a neighbour four doors up. He did leave a note through the door BUT I was in and downstairs when it arrived. Maybe he thought that the knocker and bell on the front door were purely ornamental because he didn’t try using either of them. 😳

Strato I-had that recently but it did come eventually. I began to dread seeing the little yellow triangle with the ! on the tracking. In fact I have a feeling it may have been on its fourth tour of South London that it finally made it here, a very bedraggled little parcel.

I suspect they've lost it.

For me Royal Mail is best, my postie is an absolute sweetie and goes the extra mile for us all, helped that he has been on our round for a couple of decades.
Heremes are okayish but DPD are so bad I now ask if they are the courier before I buy anything.

I have to say that our Hermes "boy" is brilliant. Only ever had a problem when he was on holiday and a replacement driver only delivered one of two parcels with no mention of the second. When I contacted them I was told that the driver couldn't find our house even though he had already delivered the one parcel! I was then asked if I had a place of interest nearby as a reference point so I mentioned that we live opposite a mosque. Later that evening our regular boy knocked on the door with my parcel. Apparently he had just got back from holiday that day and went out of his way to come round with it, bless him. We still call him boy even though we have found out that he has 3 children 🤭

Don’t get me started on DPD, I ordered a new Sony combination oven from currys, as it said free delivery ( Argos you paid ) well, out of the blue it was delivered to Matalan, apparently that was my default setting, which was odd as I didn’t even have the app! I don’t drive so it ended up being a problem for me, I had to download the app and make sure my address was the default setting. Ended up costing me a drink to a friend ( didn’t have to ) to get it home. So by comparison Hermes is a lot better, to both amazon snd DPD, and the one guy always smiles and is pleasant !

I've never had a problem until last week, they have always left parcels out of sight behind a large plant pot. Received an email to say had delivered parcel with a photograph of it sticking out of the letterbox. The letterbox is visible from the street so needless to say, it wasn't there when I got home.

For me Royal Mail is best, my postie is an absolute sweetie and goes the extra mile for us all, helped that he has been on our round for a couple of decades.
Heremes are okayish but DPD are so bad I now ask if they are the courier before I buy anything.
Our postie is also the best, and has been with us for a very long time too, he always puts items in our safe place, which keeps them dry. When he is on holiday the replacement posties are very good too. We have had random couriers who get lost and end up taking a wrong turning into our drive, then manage to get into a mess while reversing badly, then give up and drive over our grass leaving tyre tracks or worse still they get stuck in wet weather, or snow and wheel spin huge holes on the lawn. My husband was filling in one of the holes one day, when one lost van did a U turn on the lawn and nearly ran him over !!

My current postie has got into the habit of folding all my letters in half before posting, which really annoys me as there is no reason for it. So I am getting letters with multiple folds in them, even thick booklets are folded and creased.

So on Monday I put a large yellow notice above my letterbox asking her (yes, her) not to fold them. But I haven't had any letters since then.

Our Hermes courier is great,if not about he will deliver the next day,he says not to worry about being out. Amazon is brilliant as well, timings are great and you can track were they are. The only delivery we have problem with is Royal Mail,atm round here we are lucky to get 2 post deliveries a week. They say they are short staffed but apparently some are working two weeks and having one week off. It took over a week for 1st class birthday cards to arrive. I dread any order being delivered by RM.

Latest posts

Back