Hermes revelations

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We've always had good service from Hermes, DPD & the Royal Mail, even if out postal deliveries don't happen until mid afternoon - our road leads into open countryside & I assume we're the end of the round.

The only problem I’ve had with Royal Mail recently was a delivery from Amazon. I came downstairs well before 8 am and there was a card on the mat saying that they couldn’t deliver the parcel because I was out. I was in. 🙄

I booked a re-delivery for the following day which was easy enough, but on the website it said that they’d attempt to deliver it at the same time as the previous day. So I got up at 6:30 am, because they start deliveries at 7am.

It arrived at 12:30 pm and my regular postman was driving the van. He said that the first delivery had probably been attempted by a relief driver who didn’t know where my safe place is.

I’ve got some craft beers being delivered by RM on Saturday, again from Amazon. I don’t drink, but they’re a Christmas present. My regular postman has said he’ll try to intercept it, but I doubt he’ll be able to manage to do that considering the number of parcels that they deal with. So .... as it’s alcohol and I’ve got to prove that I’m over 18, I guess I’ll be getting up at 6:30 am again on Saturday. 😳

My current postie has got into the habit of folding all my letters in half before posting, which really annoys me as there is no reason for it. So I am getting letters with multiple folds in them, even thick booklets are folded and creased.

So on Monday I put a large yellow notice above my letterbox asking her (yes, her) not to fold them. But I haven't had any letters since then.
Maybe she’s doing this so they go through the letter box easier as, like mine, they can have a strong spring action that flimsy stuff has to be pushed through whilst holding open the back plate.

I'm waitng for two deliveies with RM at the mo, one a 24hr one, was out for deliver yesterday but was never delivered and gone back to depot, it's still at depot today and I don't think I'll see that one at all. Considering I bought it tracked 24 on Monday, I'm rather annoyed, relief posty not my usual. I think there's a mass staff shortage, worse than last lockdown at the mo. My new Hermes person is very good, though I've seen 4 different ones this year, must be a hard route.

I’ve got some craft beers being delivered by RM on Saturday, again from Amazon. I don’t drink, but they’re a Christmas present. My regular postman has said he’ll try to intercept it, but I doubt he’ll be able to manage to do that considering the number of parcels that they deal with. So .... as it’s alcohol and I’ve got to prove that I’m over 18, I guess I’ll be getting up at 6:30 am again on Saturday. 😳
OH regularly orders craft beers. Recently had some delivered by our Hermes lady, who generally is very efficient.
On this occasion however, we just had a card through saying parcel had been left with “a neighbour”, didn’t say what neighbour. We live in a small block of flats. We have one above and one below, so we figured hadn’t been left with either of them as they’d have just left it on the stairs or outside our door. We all take in each other’s parcels with no issues.
We asked a few random neighbours, but no joy.
OH had gone into full on “thieving barstewards, chop their hands off” mode, when 2 days later it turned up on the stairs.
Transpired it had been taken in by lad downstairs, who’d had to get out of the shower and wrap himself in a towel to answer the door, so had grabbed it and dumped it in his own hallway In order to return to his shower. His girlfriend had later come in and dumped something on top of it and there it remained until the lad remembered it.

Our Hermes courier is great,if not about he will deliver the next day,he says not to worry about being out. Amazon is brilliant as well, timings are great and you can track were they are. The only delivery we have problem with is Royal Mail,atm round here we are lucky to get 2 post deliveries a week. They say they are short staffed but apparently some are working two weeks and having one week off. It took over a week for 1st class birthday cards to arrive. I dread any order being delivered by RM.
Our postie is very good, he told me that they get 15 weeks holiday a year so I guess that's why.

Hermes used to be the worst of the couriers when I lived in the middle of nowhere down a 1/2 mile farm track. They just wouldn't bother and parcels would be bounced back repeatedly until I lost my rag, at which point a manager would deliver personally, apologising profusely. However, Hermes are great now I live in a road with other houses. I do feel sorry for him though, as he's very old and he struggles with larger items. He'll get a nice tip from me this Christmas.

My current postie has got into the habit of folding all my letters in half before posting, which really annoys me as there is no reason for it. So I am getting letters with multiple folds in them, even thick booklets are folded and creased.

So on Monday I put a large yellow notice above my letterbox asking her (yes, her) not to fold them. But I haven't had any letters since then.
That would annoy the hell out of me too.

For me, the best delivery company is DPD. Their tracking system is the best and their mostly eastern European drivers are the happiest chappies you could wish for. Our local DPD driver, Andrejus, is so loved. He's not well at the moment and our tiny village has already raised more than £1,600 for him. What a lovely thing to do, and thoroughly deserved.

We`ve recently got a new Hermes delivery person and she`s dire. She doesn`t knock on the door and is out of the gate and into her van in seconds and just leaves parcels on the doorstep even though she doesn`t know whether you`re in or out.
We had a Mother and son Hermes delivery people for ages and ages and they were great. She drove the car and he brought the parcels to the door. If nobody answered then they`d either return later or leave it with a neighbour. They never left parcels unattended.

Well, I take it all back. Royal Mail have just delivered the craft beers, three days earlier than the tracking said.

Two good things - superbly packaged and intact and ..... I won’t have to get up at dead o’clock on Saturday now.

(And I’ve now finished my Christmas shopping)

Same
I’ve never had a problem with Hermes. In fact I breathe a sigh of relief when I know that they’ll be delivering something. My local team are brilliant and know where my safe place is in case I’m out. They also send a 4 hour window and it’s always arrived within that timescale.

DPD, however, delivered a golf bag last week that I‘d bought for the ex for Christmas, but he didn’t deliver it to me. He took it to a neighbour four doors up. He did leave a note through the door BUT I was in and downstairs when it arrived. Maybe he thought that the knocker and bell on the front door were purely ornamental because he didn’t try using either of them. 😳

Same here, I feel relieved if Hermes is the courier, our local driver is brilliant, even in horrendous snow he delivers as scheduled (when I wouldnt have expected him too), and uses common sense about a safe place to leave an item.

For me Royal Mail is best, my postie is an absolute sweetie and goes the extra mile for us all, helped that he has been on our round for a couple of decades.
Heremes are okayish but DPD are so bad I now ask if they are the courier before I buy anything.

Be nice to your posties, all. Mr B did a short stint in between jobs & It's not easy & terribly disorganised. Obvs, he was brilliant. Oh, his funny stories. I think their xmas tips make up for year round rubbish/bullying/shite equipment etc. Mine will be delighted when he gets his air wrap!

'I am not one to post a complaint usually but I feel that I have to with the way my last order has just arrived! This was a Charlie Bear collectable and was not far off £100. I have been very concerned about this bear as a lot of people have had theirs arrive in very badly damaged boxes. I have had delay after delay from Hermes but at last today my order arrived.
No box!! Just shoved into a Hermes plastic bag!! God only knows what has happened to this item along the way and there is no sign of my invoice so anyone could have that with my details. Come on QVC, get this sorted! Not a happy bear!
'

There must be numerous companies that sell these bears & have greater respect for their customers, & their reputation, than that shown by the Q.

My gripe at present is with Marks in store collection. My last three orders didn’t come in one lot despite all being on one order. Happened again today, email saying half order will arrive 4 days later so picked up some of it only to get another email this evening to say the rest is now here! Last time the girl said “DHL didn’t deliver it all” - I wasn’t aware they used couriers to bring individual orders to the store.

I live in a large village/small town, and I haven't seen a postman along my road for 4 days ! I normally get post most days, usually rubbish mail but nothing since before the weekend. S'pose its Covid again.

DPD deliered my Molton Brown parcels and are fantastic its timed a one hour slot. Once I was not at home and the driver phoned me I was not local so he redelivered the next day. he did not leave the parcel

For the last 5/6 years I have Hermes and they are nice they get to know you and are all nice chaps. I gave my driver some Yankee candles as he commented that he could smell them through the box

Latest posts

Back