Hermes revelations

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Continuing my earlier post I went to Marks to collect balance of order. Half hour queue in the cold and whilst waiting saw a RM postie delivering a couple of what was obviously customers orders!
Once in another 10 minute for someone to man the collection desk. What appeared was 4 INDIVIDUAL items which had been posted to the store - 2 of which were a pair of bliddy socks! I was mad as hell,constantly being nagged about being eco friendly etc etc yet what was ****** eco friendly about this, all that packaging and petrol and man hours for socks!

I feel a letter coming on.

DPD and Hermes are brilliant for me but Royal Mail is atrocious. Sometimes we don't have any post for two weeks apart from parcels from Amazon, DPD and Hermes. I've even had Royal Mail tell me that they have just delivered an item and it's nowhere to be seen. Extremely annoying.

DPD and Hermes are brilliant for me but Royal Mail is atrocious. Sometimes we don't have any post for two weeks apart from parcels from Amazon, DPD and Hermes. I've even had Royal Mail tell me that they have just delivered an item and it's nowhere to be seen. Extremely annoying.
Royal Mail is terrible here. We get post for the same number,next street and if you catch them and tell them they don't like it,that's WHEN we get a delivery. Today we had a 24 hour delivery that had taken a week and a 48 hour one from Boots that had taken 4 days. Now the tracked ones aren't delivered by the normal postie,why???
Our post used to brought in a van and locked in various boxes round the estate. Our postie did the whole estate. When he retired it went to pot. Boxes all disappeared and we have them stopping van's,taking a handful of post and then driving a few hundred yards to do the same thing. It's all gone pear shaped since it was privatised imo.

I have just driven back from our PO main centre to ask for any post for my address. The guy was very apologetic but apparently there is masses of post for the entire neighbourhood inside the building but none of it has been sorted. Can you credit it? It is going to take weeks to filter through to the right addresses. I will probably be receiving Christmas cards in February at this rate.

I have just driven back from our PO main centre to ask for any post for my address. The guy was very apologetic but apparently there is masses of post for the entire neighbourhood inside the building but none of it has been sorted. Can you credit it? It is going to take weeks to filter through to the right addresses. I will probably be receiving Christmas cards in February at this rate.
At this time of year the mail centres and delivery offices depend on Royal Mail managers from all parts of the business giving up 2 weeks away from their day jobs, to help with the mail. They also rely on temporary staff, I'm guessing that it's just not practical for social distancing etc as the work areas wouldn't take the vast numbers of people required to keep the mail sorted and moving around. Many Christmas cards get rejected from the machines due to odd size, no postcode, and illegible address due to coloured envelopes and shiny pens !

At this time of year the mail centres and delivery offices depend on Royal Mail managers from all parts of the business giving up 2 weeks away from their day jobs, to help with the mail. They also rely on temporary staff, I'm guessing that it's just not practical for social distancing etc as the work areas wouldn't take the vast numbers of people required to keep the mail sorted and moving around. Many Christmas cards get rejected from the machines due to odd size, no postcode, and illegible address due to coloured envelopes and shiny pens !
Thank you for this insight. It must be very difficult. What a shame for all those Christmas cards to be rejected. Perhaps, this year, it might have been more thoughtful to send email greetings instead.

I live in a large village/small town, and I haven't seen a postman along my road for 4 days ! I normally get post most days, usually rubbish mail but nothing since before the weekend. S'pose its Covid again.
We hadn't had much post 2 weeks ago. When I did see a postman he said that a colleague tested positive for Covid and 16 postmen had to self isolate for 14 days. Just what they need prior to Christmas. The poor postie was exhausted and had a massive backlog.

Latest posts

Back