Holden's face !!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just a side note ..: my sis in law hates tattoos on women ( I’m not a big fan but I live and live etc ) .. and I just was feeling a bit mischievous one day .. wanted to shock family lol … just for a bit of fun … so I said to hubby “just tell everybody for my 50th I’ve had a big tattoo of an angel put on my back .. and it’s so big I’ve got to go back for part 2 😂…. Well .::: I’m walking round primark on a Sunday afternoon .. and my mobile goes off … sis in law rings me .. doesn’t even ask me if I’ve had the tattoo .:: just innocently asks “ everybody ok”? I reply yes thank you etc … bit of small talk and we hang up 😂..
She so wanted to ask me but she didn’t .. and the whole family believed I had 🤗 … she didn’t mention it at all …I later confessed I was just have a laugh and she did giggle lol … maybe you had to be there but it did give me a chuckle and hubby as his mum was shocked too I think lol

Just a side note ..: my sis in law hates tattoos on women ( I’m not a big fan but I live and live etc ) .. and I just was feeling a bit mischievous one day .. wanted to shock family lol … just for a bit of fun … so I said to hubby “just tell everybody for my 50th I’ve had a big tattoo of an angel put on my back .. and it’s so big I’ve got to go back for part 2 😂…. Well .::: I’m walking round primark on a Sunday afternoon .. and my mobile goes off … sis in law rings me .. doesn’t even ask me if I’ve had the tattoo .:: just innocently asks “ everybody ok”? I reply yes thank you etc … bit of small talk and we hang up 😂..
She so wanted to ask me but she didn’t .. and the whole family believed I had 🤗 … she didn’t mention it at all …I later confessed I was just have a laugh and she did giggle lol … maybe you had to be there but it did give me a chuckle and hubby as his mum was shocked too I think lol
I don't mind tattoos, as they can look attractive in moderation, and on the right person. I'd not have one because I'm far too much of a wuss. What I hate seeing is when ladies especially have so many, all in that same blue colour that their legs look like lumps of stilton. When I say "right person" I'm referring to a goth girl I used to work with, and she was covered in the bliddy things, but they just "sat right" if that makes sense. I can't stand seeing people with inspirational quotes, or essays written up their arms and legs, chinese symbols, that could actually stand for "egg fried rice". It's getting to the stage now that you're in the minority if you don't have a tattoo, especially in my town. On holiday around the pool there was very few people without a tattoo or six, and it wasn't just the young 'uns! Each to their own I guess!

Personally l can't see the sense in having tattoos on the back, bum or the back of the legs - like a lot of overweight blokes do (the summer shorts bring them all out), because after spending all that money you can't see the ****** things ! So, what is the point ? Are they for strangers in a queue behind you to gaze at them ? Anywhere on the front that isn't visible to one's own eyes is pretty useless too.

If I had one (NO) then I'd want it to be visible to ME otherwise its a waste of money - like buying a picture but having it hung facing the wall !

Ere we go! back in my day, the only tattoos you'd see were on ex navy, hells angels, and the odd diy job on a tearaway teen . Around about the mid-late 1980s a few girls would get what was widely considered as a tasteful motif of a small rose or butterfly on their back but usually just above the bust area and they may've looked "sweet" when they were in their 20's but the sight of a faded butterfly on a sagging boob isn't so sweet - it really isn't!
Like I say, some people suit them fine, goths, mother earth, hippy types, but sadly most of the time they look plain chavvy or just ridiculous. There's a fella at work who's for some reason had this forest scene done on the whole of his arm, which hasn't been helped by the fact it looks like the work of a 5 year old, there's not enough definition and the colours are all wrong, bless him and I'm sure it would've cost him an arm and a leg (pun intended)!

Last edited:
A friend has one which started in stages at her ankle and over time getting added to up her calf and up to the thigh. It is a pink climbing flower with green leaves.

Another friend, a massive Queen fan for her 50th, got Freddie Mercury on the back of her shoulder. It looks amazing, Freddie holding the mic head back. Then she got the Queen crest on the top of her arm in full colour. Both took hours and hours to do.

Each to their own, but the pain of getting them, and the lifetime commitment are unappealing. I have had microblading for my eyebrows (going from thick dark, luxuriant brows to fine grey ines was something I wasn't ready for)... the pain of that was bad enough!
I am also aware of how messy tattoos can look if you don't have a full plan so they form either a cohesive story, or are representing significant events in your life in a way that each complements the others.
I won't say NEVER, because you don't know what life will throw at you, where you might want or need to mark on your skin.
I'm thinking 3-d effect nipple tattoos after mastectomy, or to hide scars which you can't bear as a reminder of a terrible event...
I admire people who have well thought out reasons and have carefully researched something beautiful that reflects their personality. Tattoo artists need to be carefully researched due to how long you live with their art on your body.

The niece I spoke about earlier spent many hours at the tattoo studio and its taken months for her back tattoo to be finished and will take equally as long for her shoulder and full arm sleeve to be done too. She`s posted photos on her facebook page showing session by session progress and now has the finished back tattoo as her profile pic. Personally I hate it, her Mum would have done too and when the shoulder and sleeve is also finished then over half of her body will be tattooed and i doubt she`ll stop at that.
She was and still is an attractive looking woman, she`s 46 but the fillers and lip enhancements are noticeable and I`ve a feeling the next batch of facial work will tip her over the edge from attractive to unattractive because her face will begin to look so false.
Here`s a photo of her partially finished back. I can`t show the finished photo because it shows her face, as do the ones of her shoulder and sleeve which as yet is only partially done. Not a pretty sight in my eyes.
tattoo.jpg

The niece I spoke about earlier spent many hours at the tattoo studio and its taken months for her back tattoo to be finished and will take equally as long for her shoulder and full arm sleeve to be done too. She`s posted photos on her facebook page showing session by session progress and now has the finished back tattoo as her profile pic. Personally I hate it, her Mum would have done too and when the shoulder and sleeve is also finished then over half of her body will be tattooed and i doubt she`ll stop at that.
She was and still is an attractive looking woman, she`s 46 but the fillers and lip enhancements are noticeable and I`ve a feeling the next batch of facial work will tip her over the edge from attractive to unattractive because her face will begin to look so false.
Here`s a photo of her partially finished back. I can`t show the finished photo because it shows her face, as do the ones of her shoulder and sleeve which as yet is only partially done. Not a pretty sight in my eyes.
View attachment 23523
I refer to what Brissles says on this one. It might be a stunning piece of artwork, but surely better off framed and hung on the wall so you can see it and appreciate it. I too cannot see the point in putting yourself through the pain and expense of having something done that you can't actually see yourself unless you get somebody to photograph you, or you contort yourself to see it in the mirror!

View attachment 23523
I like the colours but not the design. Birds with horrible claws. She will hardly benefit from it as it’s on her back too. It seems to be about showing your wealth and taste. I’m happy to be understated. I did have my eyes tattooed. I would do it again but it was a hideous experience even if it was done by an ex NHS laser therapist

When tattoo parlours first appeared, tattoos were generally carried out by real artists who were genius in depicting what was wanted, - all hand drawn. Now, I understand its just transfers that are applied to the skin (as seen above), and then 'coloured' in like you would a colouring book.

Getting back to Ambitious - what do I see when opening my daily paper ? yet more sodding photos of the woman - in a pink pyjama outfit trimmed with ostrich feathers ! I am heartily sick of her, she's just a one woman publicity machine who will do anything to keep front and centre in the public's eye. I can see what the plan is, the days of Britain's Talentless must be numbered, so she's building a war chest of 'projects', the latest is wanting the sofa on GMB if Schofield and Willoughby leave.

Must admit I prefer the Stereophonics version,not a fan of Rod.
You're probably a lot younger than me though. I have always been a big fan of Rod.

As for the tattoos, never liked them on women and particularly not on brides wearing strapless dresses and covered in tattoos. It's not a chav thing or snob thing, I just don't like them. That dragon photo is pretty amazing though.

CC

Tattoos aren’t for me but I know I’m now in a minority in finding them distasteful.

When on the subject of men in shorts will someone please tell me when it became the norm for UK men to wear shorts 12 months of the year. I don’t understand the thought process in wearing baggy below the knee shorts, socks and big trainers, topped with a woolly hat and puffa coat . Most have full leg tattoos so is it so they can show them off?

Although I don’t have any tattoos I don’t mind seeing people with a few subtle ones, but I’ve never understood why people have huge areas of their bodies done or sleeves. Also, they might look alright when young but, in my opinion, there’s nothing attractive about a huge tattoo that is on wrinkled or aged skin.

I was channel hopping this afternoon and Amanda Holden was appearing in Neighbours as someone’s aunt. I do like her, but her acting was rather “wooden.”

You're probably a lot younger than me though. I have always been a big fan of Rod.

As for the tattoos, never liked them on women and particularly not on brides wearing strapless dresses and covered in tattoos. It's not a chav thing or snob thing, I just don't like them. That dragon photo is pretty amazing though.

CC
On don't think so 74 this year. I have a very varied taste in music.
Eagles,Jack Savoretti, Paulo Nuttino,Queen,Run DMC,Whitesnake,Pet Shop Boys,Lady Gaga Def Leppard. Plus lots of music from the 1960's,my Spotify list is a real mixture.

Tattoos aren’t for me but I know I’m now in a minority in finding them distasteful.

When on the subject of men in shorts will someone please tell me when it became the norm for UK men to wear shorts 12 months of the year. I don’t understand the thought process in wearing baggy below the knee shorts, socks and big trainers, topped with a woolly hat and puffa coat . Most have full leg tattoos so is it so they can show them off?
It's a competition with delivery drivers to see who can last the longest in shorts one told me.

I was channel hopping this afternoon and Amanda Holden was appearing in Neighbours as someone’s aunt. I do like her, but her acting was rather “wooden.”
I used to like her in Wild at Heart. Wasn't her hubby olayed by Stephen Tomkinson? He's now an ambassador for Alzheimer UK. He has aged significantly. I was quite shocked at his appearance, tbh. I hope he is well, because to me he looked unwell.

I used to like her in Wild at Heart. Wasn't her hubby olayed by Stephen Tomkinson? He's now an ambassador for Alzheimer UK. He has aged significantly. I was quite shocked at his appearance, tbh. I hope he is well, because to me he looked unwell.
He doesn’t look well. He is only 56 but he has been married 3 times, with a 4th partner and has been engaged at least one other. Maybe that’s his problem!

Latest posts

Back