HomeWorx by Slatkin & Co. Candle Hurricane with Scene

HomeWorx by Slatkin & Co. Cardinal Lantern Luminary

1HomeWorx by Slatkin & Co.8oz Plaid Candle with Gift Box

HomeWorx by Slatkin & Co. 14oz Ceramic Snowman Candle

HomeWorx by Slatkin & Co. 18oz Holiday Candle

HomeWorx by Slatkin & Co. Set of 2 Reed Sticks

HomeWorx by Slatkin & Co. Ceramic 14oz Gift Box Candle
Absolutely love this range.

I bought a set of two candles on clearance and I cannot even give them away.They are Strawberry Birthday Cake and after burning one for an hour I had to open the window and front door to get rid of the absolutely horrendous, sickeningly sweet smell they gave off. I’ll stick to florals in future, lesson learnt.

I bought a set of two candles on clearance and I cannot even give them away.They are Strawberry Birthday Cake and after burning one for an hour I had to open the window and front door to get rid of the absolutely horrendous, sickeningly sweet smell they gave off. I’ll stick to florals in future, lesson learnt.
I'm the same, but with a ridiculously expensive Harry Slatkin Christmas tree lottery candle. They came in white or green. I have the white one, thought it would be lovely on my hall table. OMG, after half an hour or so my whole house stinks of the most overpowering line type smell. It's meant to be a fresh, crisp scent. It stinks, and boy does it linger! I put it away, such a waste of money, this year it will probably be binned. Oh, and it's huge!!
Also, just to say, I read that our dear Hyacinth bought a couple ( but of course) when they were in the sale. I'm wondering how she will find them. That's if she can find them in time for the festive season😂

I'm the same, but with a ridiculously expensive Harry Slatkin Christmas tree lottery candle. They came in white or green. I have the white one, thought it would be lovely on my hall table. OMG, after half an hour or so my whole house stinks of the most overpowering line type smell. It's meant to be a fresh, crisp scent. It stinks, and boy does it linger! I put it away, such a waste of money, this year it will probably be binned. Oh, and it's huge!!
Also, just to say, I read that our dear Hyacinth bought a couple ( but of course) when they were in the sale. I'm wondering how she will find them. That's if she can find them in time for the festive season😂
they do say they are quite strong cause its such a mix of secents & you dont need to burn them for long, one day my mum wants to try these candles

I’m the same with any candles containing ‘vanilla’. Cloying fragrance that bears no resemblance to ‘real’ vanilla.

I briefly dabbled in the world of HS candles, buying a set of 3 enormous scented candles in attractive lidded pots. I think I paid £36 all in. The first one I lit actually made me feel sick, the second one was nicer and the third one I gifted. I couldn't find any practical use for the pots so they were put into the charity shop bag. The thing is it was the attractive pots that persuaded me to buy 'cause there was no way I'd spend that sort of money on candles and I ended up giving them away - lesson learned. I like a scented candle but it's a lot cheaper when you consider the candle rather than the container.

I briefly dabbled in the world of HS candles, buying a set of 3 enormous scented candles in attractive lidded pots. I think I paid £36 all in. The first one I lit actually made me feel sick, the second one was nicer and the third one I gifted. I couldn't find any practical use for the pots so they were put into the charity shop bag. The thing is it was the attractive pots that persuaded me to buy 'cause there was no way I'd spend that sort of money on candles and I ended up giving them away - lesson learned. I like a scented candle but it's a lot cheaper when you consider the candle rather than the container.
I bought the same set - I remember your post at the time- luckily I liked the fragrances but like you couldn't really think how to use the glass containers but I use two with battery operated tea lights for when I don't want to burn the real thing and they look quite pretty and one my mother uses by her front door for small change as they always seem to be collecting for various presents for neighbours and causes in her block of flats! I dont watch QVC much these days but have tried not to get carried away when watching any candle shows 😉

Latest posts

Back