Honora Pearls

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Rosinlon

Registered Shopper
I haven’t been on here for ages so might have missed something but have Honora Pearls gone from the uk, there’s nothing on QVC about them any more. I came to them quite late and liked what I bought but found the quality got really bad, stainless steel etc. Instead of silver.

I loved Honora and bought quite a number of the unusual pricier pieces but after Ralph left (and for a while before) the designs were so boring I stopped watching and as far as I know no longer on Q UK

I haven’t been on here for ages so might have missed something but have Honora Pearls gone from the uk, there’s nothing on QVC about them any more. I came to them quite late and liked what I bought but found the quality got really bad, stainless steel etc. Instead of silver.
In January 2017 it was announced that the urbane Ralph Rossini was reported to have left Honora & a woman started presenting the shows, these became less frequent & fizzled out. However, I'm sure that I've seen an article that said he was still the president when the company was bought a couple of months ago. I think the quality & designs started to fade before his visits stopped which is a shame because the ones I've got from the early days are beautiful.

I bought when they first came to QVC the illusion necklaces. I remember Ralph stating they threw away ringed pearls as they were not good enough, then suddenly the ringed pearls were what people really wanted. Yeah, right Ralph pull the other one. They keep the good pearls for the high-end range they sold in their stores in the US.

I was a great fan of Honora in the old days and could never resist something when it was a TSV.I also visited the store in Manhatten I think it was a visit soon after the London Olympics when we Brits. had almost celeb status.I had a great time chatting to the ladies in the store, soon after I think Hurricane Sandy hit and I sent an email to say I was thinking of them.Got a very nice reply of thanks.

I have many pieces all bought when Ralph was on. I too sort of miss seeing Ralph on because I liked his style of selling!

“Richline Group acquires pearl brand Honora

New York--Richline Group Inc. has made another acquisition. The Berkshire Hathaway-owned manufacturer and marketer announced late Thursday that has an agreement, in principle, to buy Honora.
New York-based Honora has been family owned and operated for more than 60 years and is among the premier freshwater cultured pearl brands in the United States and, according to its website, is the largest importer of the gems in the U.S.
Under the agreement, Honora CEO Joel Schechter and President Ralph Rossini will remain on board to run the company as a standalone brand under the Richline Brands division of the company.
The transaction is expected to be completed in July.
Richline Group President Dave Meleski said a key goal of the acquisition is to utilize Richline’s financial support and collaboration to fully champion Honora for domestic and international growth. “Honora expands our product assortment positioning as a dominate player in the pearl jewelry category,” he said.
Schechter said, “We are tremendously excited about our future as a member of the Richline Group and look forward to leveraging their tremendous strengths as we continue growing the Honora brand to consumers.”
A wholly-owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., the company chaired by billionaire investor Warren Buffett, Richline owns LeachGarner, Inverness, Rio Grande and Richline Brands.
Rio Grande was among its most recent acquisitions, with that deal announced in January. (source:nationaljeweler.com)”

This was posted by National Jeweler.com in May 2020.

Last edited:
I was a great fan of Honora in the old days and could never resist something when it was a TSV.I also visited the store in Manhatten I think it was a visit soon after the London Olympics when we Brits. had almost celeb status.I had a great time chatting to the ladies in the store, soon after I think Hurricane Sandy hit and I sent an email to say I was thinking of them.Got a very nice reply of thanks.
That's a lovely story ❤

I have many pieces all bought when Ralph was on. I too sort of miss seeing Ralph on because I liked his style of selling!

“Richline Group acquires pearl brand Honora

New York--Richline Group Inc. has made another acquisition. The Berkshire Hathaway-owned manufacturer and marketer announced late Thursday that has an agreement, in principle, to buy Honora.
New York-based Honora has been family owned and operated for more than 60 years and is among the premier freshwater cultured pearl brands in the United States and, according to its website, is the largest importer of the gems in the U.S.
Under the agreement, Honora CEO Joel Schechter and President Ralph Rossini will remain on board to run the company as a standalone brand under the Richline Brands division of the company.
The transaction is expected to be completed in July.
Richline Group President Dave Meleski said a key goal of the acquisition is to utilize Richline’s financial support and collaboration to fully champion Honora for domestic and international growth. “Honora expands our product assortment positioning as a dominate player in the pearl jewelry category,” he said.
Schechter said, “We are tremendously excited about our future as a member of the Richline Group and look forward to leveraging their tremendous strengths as we continue growing the Honora brand to consumers.”
A wholly-owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., the company chaired by billionaire investor Warren Buffett, Richline owns LeachGarner, Inverness, Rio Grande and Richline Brands.
Rio Grande was among its most recent acquisitions, with that deal announced in January. (source:nationaljeweler.com)”

This was posted by National Jeweler.com in May 2020.
Thank you, I knew I'd seen this. I wonder what happened in 2017 for the company to say he had left & yet three years later he's named as president.

I’ve got loads of pieces, even managed to get some in Tkmaxx. I do like the Ming pearls and have some of those. I’d like to see them come back to see what they have to offer.

Perhaps Ralph stood down from selling to get involved in the sale and setting up the new company ?

I remember at the time (2017] there was loads of links to articles saying Ralph had gone completely - seems to have changed according to the 2020 article.

In January 2017 it was announced that the urbane Ralph Rossini was reported to have left Honora & a woman started presenting the shows, these became less frequent & fizzled out. However, I'm sure that I've seen an article that said he was still the president when the company was bought a couple of months ago. I think the quality & designs started to fade before his visits stopped which is a shame because the ones I've got from the early days are beautiful.
This nothing new for QVC. Many have gone this way.

I have a string of black pearls so long it could make 2 belts and the earrings with a silver hook and a silk purse. Those were the days

3EF1BDFF-8CFC-4536-96EE-5EB9F937F2AF.png

Facebook post, so he did leave.

I always like the shows with Ralph, but the quality did go down, you could see that on air. Maybe if he guests, it might attract some of the people who loved Honora to buy again m.

I have quite a bit from the early days of watching when things were quality. Just been to check the US site. Some lovely things on there & still in silver or 14ct gold.

Latest posts

Back