Hooded blanket craze

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Unless you've been living under a rock for the past couple of months, you'd know about this craze for wearable sherpa fleece lined hooded and sleeved blankets. Oodie is the leading brand, and I'd heard that they're really expensive. I received an email from them a couple of days ago offering me £25 off my first purchase. I thought I'd take a look anyway, and found that the adult version is £94 (ridiculous) However, I noticed that everything was reduced significantly £59 was the cheapest I found in a design I liked, so I thought yeah ok, why not, I'd be happy to pay £34 (free postage), despite knowing that you can probably get something similar in home bargains for a tenner, but I thought for the convenience I'm happy enough to pay that for the leading brand. Added my purchase to the basket and found in the box where I was supposed to put my code, the code for the sale price was in there so I couldn't add my discount. I emailed them and queried this and they referred me to the faq section that was really vague but suggested that some of the sale items were eligible for further discount and that they were indicated as such - This was not the case, I got back to them and they sent me instructions how to get an empty code box up, I did this put my £59 hoodie into the basket added my code and lo and behold, the price shot up to £69! Again I emailed them back, asked for a list of eligible items (don't know why as I knew at this stage I was flogging a dead horse!) and I got some fluffy reply from Sophie, my "cuddle consultant" suggesting that I use my voucher in three weeks when the sale's finished. I told them in no uncertain terms that I'd be getting my "cuddles elsewhere" and goodbye. Have now received two more useless codes attached to sickly sweet fluffy emails, so I have now sent them this reply "For the love of God, please stop sending me unusable codes and nursery school messages" I have purchased a hooded blanket from a competitor and the transaction was seamless - Good day to you! Yep ended up getting one from the catalogue for a reasonable price !

Got a response already which is quite impressive and it was a sensible reply explaining that only one discount code can be used at any one time, and how it was not their intention to confuse or frustrate potential customers. He said they welcome any feedback and will pass it on to the relevant department (yeah right). I don't care to be honest, but I was glad of a straight forward response, until I noticed he'd signed off with a ❤️ and a kissy kiss! FGS! I was tempted to send 🤮 in response, but tbh I'm finished with that bunch of puerile idiots!

Got a response already which is quite impressive and it was a sensible reply explaining that only one discount code can be used at any one time, and how it was not their intention to confuse or frustrate potential customers. He said they welcome any feedback and will pass it on to the relevant department (yeah right). I don't care to be honest, but I was glad of a straight forward response, until I noticed he'd signed off with a ❤️ and a kissy kiss! FGS! I was tempted to send 🤮 in response, but tbh I'm finished with that bunch of puerile idiots!
They can’t help themselves.

Yep I`ve seen the OODIE ads too and I have a similar item which my DIL bought for me a couple of years ago. It makes me look huge because it`s so big but I must admit it`s very warm and comfortable. I don`t wear it whilst sitting watching TV etc (its too bulky for me to sit around in) but it`s great for taking the dog out for her last wee of the day or for a short time when it`s really cold and I`m waiting for the heating to kick in or over my pyjamas on a cold morning. It washes really well too. It isn`t an OODIE and I`ve no idea where she bought it but if anybody is thinking of buying similar then I`d say go for it.

Latest posts

Back