Hotel Chocolat TSV 15/03/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

OMG - those names are a blast from the past!!
Ladies and Gentlemen - I give you "Martin Ford" Coming from an a pre-Primark era this is where us teenagers would spend our paltry allowances, that's if we had enough left over after visiting True Form for our cutting edge footwear (cutting being the operative word, I can feel those blisters even thinking about it). Richard Shops (such pretty things, topology etc) was strictly for your mum. I also remember Ethel Austin who would've beaten Martin Ford hands down in the poor quality stakes - Girl power!

Trying being the operative word here. Saying the word Shockolah sounds so pretentious and wrong in a sentence spoken in English,and most definitely not sexy (especially coming from Poundshop Nigella's nan) The company may well be called Hotel Chocolat of course introduce it as such, but once you get into the guts of the presentation there's no need to keep it up. Question - Can you use other brands of chocolate in the velvetiser? "Yes, but we use the finest "shockolah" so the experience won't be the same, if you want the best hot shockolah you need to be using ours" - That's enough to make me want to crack open a jar of Asda's finest!
Horlicks works great in mine!!

Ladies and Gentlemen - I give you "Martin Ford" Coming from an a pre-Primark era this is where us teenagers would spend our paltry allowances, that's if we had enough left over after visiting True Form for our cutting edge footwear (cutting being the operative word, I can feel those blisters even thinking about it). Richard Shops (such pretty things, topology etc) was strictly for your mum. I also remember Ethel Austin who would've beaten Martin Ford hands down in the poor quality stakes - Girl power!
Some of those names really conjured up old memories, but don't think I've ever heard of Martin Ford.

Hotel Chocolat Extra Thick Easter Egg & 48 Piece Chocolate Bunny Selectors
Item Number: 819965
QVC Price £65.00
Todays Special Value Price £39.96
P&P £4.95

Treat the whole family to chocolate happiness this spring with the Easter Egg and Bunny Selector bundle from Hotel Chocolat. You'll receive a showstopping extra thick egg, filled with a tantalising selection of velvety-smooth truffles and praline tiddly eggs. On top of that, you'll get 48 chocolate bunnies across five delightful recipes, so that you can have Easter done in a click.
*A great saving: If you were to buy this Hotel Chocolat Extra Thick Easter Egg & 48 Piece Chocolate Bunny Selectors from QVCUK.com after this offer ends, you’d pay £65 plus P&P. So, for our Today’s Special Value price of just £39.98 plus P&P, you’re saving £25.02.
Eggs-citing stuff - the epitome of chocolate opulence, your Extra Thick Easter Egg boasts a shell of lavish thickness. Break it open to reveal a dozen petite delights, made with varying types of milk chocolate that span all the flavours you could wish for, each lovingly crafted from high-cacao chocolate.
Ears to a great Easter - with eight Bunny Selectors packs in a crowd-pleasing range of flavours, including Caramel, Unbelievably Vegan Raspberry and Pistachio, you'll be spoilt for choice and there's plenty to go around. Each pack contains six bow-tie sporting, chocolate-filled bunnies, amounting to 48 dapper bunnies in total. Think hoppy thoughts!
Great for gifting - whether you break these treats down into separate gifts or give it all to a lucky some-bunny, these individually wrapped chocolates are perfect for gifting. Then again, you could make your way through it all on your own.
Delivered directly from Hotel Chocolat - please allow 7 - 10 working days for delivery to UK only (including Highlands, Islands and Northern Ireland).
  • Suitable for vegetarians
  • No artificial flavours
  • May contain tree nuts, peanuts, gluten, wheat, egg, sesame
  • Store in a cool dry place away from strong odours
  • Shelf life: minimum three months on delivery
Contains:
  • 1 x Extra Thick Just Milk Easter Egg (390g) - an opulent milk chocolate Easter egg of two generously proportioned halves: creamy 40% milk chocolate and deeper 50% milk chocolate. Each is paired with a selection of alcohol-free pralines, caramels and mellow milk truffles and is served in an elegant reusable tin inspired by the shape of a growing cacao pod. Chocolates included: Vanilla, Illegal Gianduja, Salted Caramel Cream, Nuts About Raspberry, Pistachi-oh!, Salted Macadamia
  • 2 x Caramel Bunny Selectors (68g) - dressed to impress in mellow 40% milk chocolate and filled with the kind of gooey caramel that runs down your chin – best enjoyed in one bite!
  • 2 x Oranges and Lemons Bunny Selectors (68g) - brimming with fragrant lemon ganache and dressed to impress in white chocolate infused with orange oil. Creamy white chocolate makes the perfect contrast to those zesty citrus notes
  • 2 x Hazelnut Praline Bunny Selectors (68g) - 40% milk chocolate filled with Hotel Chocolat's most popular praline: smooth, satisfying hazelnut. Break through the mellow chocolate to uncover the deeply nutty, melt-in-the-mouth middle
  • 1 x Unbelievably Vegan Raspberry Bunny Selector (68g) - 45% nutmilk, made with finely milled hazelnuts instead of milk, for a light and creamy milk chocolate-like texture. Inside are meltingly soft raspberry-dark middles
  • 1 x Pistachio Bunny Selector (68g) - caramel-milk chocolate filled with smooth pistachio praline. Malty, not-too-sweet caramel-milk that melts in the mouth, revealing punchy pistachio with its delightful near-savoury profile – each really is a tale of two halves
For allergens, nutritional information and ingredients please see attached document - allergens will be in bold

Let’s hope that QVC get that poor BA a different dress,maybe a Frank Slusher factory sample or a Helmet Hair return complete with stains,as for her oppo assistant a Ena Sharples hairnet should suffice 👗🍫

Gosh, £45 for an egg and some bunnies seems alot of money to me, even if it is Hotel Chocolaaat! I can easily do a week's shop for that amount, and probably include a box of Lindt truffles and a bottle of wine! (Currently on offer in Tesco)

Gosh, £45 for an egg and some bunnies seems alot of money to me, even if it is Hotel Chocolaaat! I can easily do a week's shop for that amount, and probably include a box of Lindt truffles and a bottle of wine! (Currently on offer in Tesco)
I agree, still pricey and as nice as they may be, there's too much really unless you've got a few kids or grandkids to share it with. I'm pretty sure I'd get sick of eating the bliddy stuff after a while. I'm happy with a basic supermarket easter egg (or two). I usually buy an After Eight one, and a Cadbury's buttons one, cheap and delicious!

We got two of the Christmas boxes back in 2019. I think they were £45 each or something around that figure. Three months later three quarters of it was still hanging around like a bad dress…er smell - just reminded of that smarmy woman in the dodgy frock who flogs it. Most of that got chucked in the end as it was just so sickly and with little variety of flavours. Never again. A family size bar of Galaxy is more enticing.

I agree, still pricey and as nice as they may be, there's too much really unless you've got a few kids or grandkids to share it with. I'm pretty sure I'd get sick of eating the bliddy stuff after a while. I'm happy with a basic supermarket easter egg (or two). I usually buy an After Eight one, and a Cadbury's buttons one, cheap and delicious!
Merryone, have you seen the packets of After Eight dark choc mini eggs? I'm going to have a pack, and they are currently around a quid.

I don’t think this is very good value at all, the egg is £30 and the Selectors are usually 3 for £12, then the postage is £5.

The usual weak, complacent and annoying presentation. Alison why use a hundred words when ten thousand will easily do….The ‘chocoli..chocole…the girl with hair hanging down loose, aimlessly pouring white fluids into a rubber ice cubes tray.. The woman with two frocks, holding a Grateful Dead album who was transported to QVC from outside a row of Button A and Button B phone boxes by Swan & Edgar in 1971. Do the same thing every time. Do it more boringly and repetitively and tweely each occasion and the saps will continue to buy. If you have taken leave of your After Eight Mints and you do buy two boxes (one is crazy enough at that price) pay nearly £10 for postage with no multi-buy reduction on P&P ever offered… So poor. So out of touch with the economic times we live in...

I used to wait until Easter Tuesday and Hotel Chocolat used to bring their Easter range down to half price! Yes, the £30 eggs only £15! I bought one last year and ended up giving half the egg to a friend as I just could not face the damn thing. I remember Woolworths and their Easter eggs used to go down to half price all brands, and we had one just a few doors from where I worked there was a stamped to get in and buy. Unfortunately I cannot eat chocolate, now I am thinking it could be because of a particular tablet I have to take. But let us say one small bar, and I am sitting on the toilet with screaming runs. Stick to jelly babies now.

When Primark first started out, they were called Pennys a Dublin brand. I know because my mum worked as a hand presser in a factory in Belfast that packed and made their clothes in the 70s.. Then they changed their name to Primark, which we call Pre mark here.

I don’t rate Hotel Chocolat at all having tried it in the past. I also hope, when they’re preparing it en masse in the factory, that the chocolatiers wear hats or nets because otherwise you are likely to find hair in your chocolates. Having that girl in the studio with long hair dangling all over the place makes me wonder whether that’s the normal practice for the company. 🤔 It’s hardly a good advert for the company and it wouldn’t hurt her to at least tie it back, unless vanity has come into play.

Sorry Hotel Chocolat…… it’s other brands of chocolate for me.

I agree about the hair. She doesn’t even bother to move it so its down behind her back , rather than have it hanging in front.

If they want to pay me £50 plus VAT, I'll put on a long red scruffy wig and pour, without any apparent creativity whatsoever, liquid into rubber squares for 20 minutes or so.

Latest posts

Back