Hotel Chocolat TSV 17/10/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've succumbed - - -but EVEN WORSE - - - - >

I bought one for my OH as well! Yes, I know, you all say a woman doesn't want any sort of gadget as a gift. But on the other hand, she really likes chocolate and often buys the very dark choc bars. And she will like the ceramic mugs too.

What swung it for me was a YouTube video saying that you don't have to buy the expensive proprietary sachets, you can grate your own favourite chocolate. In fact, they also tried various bars such as Snickers and Mars (frozen then crushed) and they all worked. Also, you can buy bulk packets of other makes as well, much cheaper.

No no no Strato, we don’t mind luxury electrical kitchen gadgets that we can relax and enjoy, but vacuum cleaners? C’mon 😂😂😂

I've succumbed - - -but EVEN WORSE - - - - >

I bought one for my OH as well! Yes, I know, you all say a woman doesn't want any sort of gadget as a gift. But on the other hand, she really likes chocolate and often buys the very dark choc bars. And she will like the ceramic mugs too.

What swung it for me was a YouTube video saying that you don't have to buy the expensive proprietary sachets, you can grate your own favourite chocolate. In fact, they also tried various bars such as Snickers and Mars (frozen then crushed) and they all worked. Also, you can buy bulk packets of other makes as well, much cheaper.

I don't buy the Hotel Chocolat sachets or tubs; we mostly use Galaxy Ripples or Cadbury flakes. As I'm not keen on over-sweet drinks I usually make a mocha with a shot of espresso (or instant for speed).
I bought copper one two years ago as a house-warming present when we moved. It gets used every day. If you don't drink cow's milk you can buy "barista" nut milks which froth slightly better than the usual almond or oat milks.

What colour have you gone for😄personally I would love a gift like this.😍

Gone for copper.

the thought od drinking those calories is making me break out in a sweat.....now eating bars of chocolate not so much so ;)

I control calories anyway, so if I have a calorific drink, I'll forgo something elde with the same calories.

Did your lovely lady get bought the copper too?

Half priced postage 😜 :ROFLMAO:

Yes, but wil take 10 days to arrive. Also, I don't understand why it was available 3 days in advance of the TSV day.

Re the postage, I bought 1 last night, then this morning thought that OH would like one too.

I tried to cancel my order and order 2, but too late :(

So rang CS, and they ordered me the 2nd one with half-price PP :)

Otherwise, she might not have got one ;)

Yes, but wil take 10 days to arrive. Also, I don't understand why it was available 3 days in advance of the TSV day.

Re the postage, I bought 1 last night, then this morning thought that OH would like one too.

I tried to cancel my order and order 2, but too late :(

So rang CS, and they ordered me the 2nd one with half-price PP :)

Otherwise, she might not have got one ;)

Strato too much information you were doing so, so very well with your purchase for your better half.
Then what do you do spoil it all by saying she was a day! after thought and her only being lucky cause it was half priced postage;)
What are you like :unsure:😂🥰

Strato too much information you were doing so, so very well with your purchase for your better half.
Then what do you do spoil it all by saying she was a day! after thought and her only being lucky cause it was half priced postage;)
What are you like :unsure:😂🥰

Not quite as bad as you think, I am usually joking or exaggerating (slightly) ;)

NB - - notice the emoticons in my post above.

PS. I am slightly worried because she has a small kitchen with not much counter space, so the reason I delayed was because of this. She has refused other kitchen gadgets in the past, such as a mixer or soup maker because of this. So I had to weigh it up, and her love of chocolate won over trying to find space for it (I hope).

But I did say that if she really didn't want it, not to pretend that she did, because I can return it and get her something else, although she has NO IDEA what it is.

Last edited:
Not quite as bad as you think, I am usually joking or exaggerating (slightly) ;)

NB - - notice the emoticons in my post above.

PS. I am slightly worried because she has a small kitchen with not much counter space, so the reason I delayed was because of this. She has refused other kitchen gadgets in the past, such as a mixer or soup maker because of this. So I had to weigh it up, and her love of chocolate won over trying to find space for it (I hope).

But I did say that if she really didn't want it, not to pretend that she did, because I can return it and get her something else.
Hope you know I‘m only joking, you really appear to care a lot which is so lovely.
Don‘t know about your friend but if she’s anything like me I don’t like any clutter on my worktops. Hubby mentioned about getting one for our daughter she’s moved out to work in London renting a bedroom in a house sharing with two other girls. He thought it would be nice for Christmas and asked if I’d like one for us. Then dared ask will it be staying out with the kettle. He got his answer NO! 😂
So maybe she could pop hers away in a cupboard when not in use or when she’s round at yours.

This is one TSV I can ignore with no problem. I’m not lactose intolerant but I cannot bear milk and don’t buy it. I drink tea and coffee black. If I know friends are coming round for coffee (that hasn’t happened since lockdown) then I buy a small carton and they’re given the remainder to take home. The thought of using hot milk in the velvetiser puts me right off. I think my dislike of milk comes from my school days when we were forced to drink those 1/3 pint bottles at break time and it had invariably be left by the radiator and was warm. Yuk.

I’m sure that those of you who have bought it will love it though.

Well folks decided on the Velvetiser for my friend but because I needed it for this weekend I couldn’t wait to see what Q’s offer was I purchased from Amazon as directly from HC it had no sachets or anything. Amazon is very similar to Q’s BUT Q is £15 cheaper! Not often that happens but beggars can’t be choosers.

However seeing the offer I have now ordered a second from Q to be dispatched directly to my sister for her birthday. I wouldn’t be able to shop at the moment and I’m very wary about vouchers as the ones I gave at Christmas became useless as the company was closed down due to COVID and I doubt very much they will reopen. It will probably arrive too early as Q are quicker on TSV’s. Hope it is ok and not a return!

This is one TSV I can ignore with no problem. I’m not lactose intolerant but I cannot bear milk and don’t buy it. I drink tea and coffee black. If I know friends are coming round for coffee (that hasn’t happened since lockdown) then I buy a small carton and they’re given the remainder to take home. The thought of using hot milk in the velvetiser puts me right off. I think my dislike of milk comes from my school days when we were forced to drink those 1/3 pint bottles at break time and it had invariably be left by the radiator and was warm. Yuk.

I’m sure that those of you who have bought it will love it though.

I use about 4 pints of milk every day, but 1L of this is to make daily yogurt. Then I have a lot of semi-skimmed fresh milk on my cereals (4 types mixed together), and all the rest is skimmed UHT. I buy semi-skimmed in 6 pint bottles, and have a large stash of UHT skimmed, and often buy 36 at once as they come in 12s.

Latest posts

Back