Hotel Chocolat TSV 20/11/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

never tried hotel chocolat but thats cause im not a sweet person im more of a savoury one but i do wanna one day as caburys & the cheaper ones are just vomit enducing & sickly sweet & taste of nothing

I’m probably the only one on here that loves Hotel Chocolat 😊 it will be interesting to hear if they mention that the coffee machine is compatible with Nespresso pods.🤔
I’m another Hotel Chocolat fan - I hesitate to say lover, as I probably only love about a third of their products and I do feel that they’ve changed the recipes of some for the worse..

My dear friend buys me it at every birthday and Christmas - often a bundle of 3 mini slab duos (like their super milk especially - darker milk chocolate!) and often caramel batons.
But I have to say that those have definitely changed around ?5 years ago. Much waxier now and different flavour :(

I don’t think you can compare the brand with Cadbury’s or Thornton’s etc, though.
I mean people may prefer those (eek!) but the quality and ingredients of HC definitely superior...

Especially like any nutty or praline-y - and love gianduja etc 😋

I can’t drink caffeinated coffee, though I have a Nespresso pod machine and frother - wonder if they do good decaf coffee (not easy!)

Thorntons toffees yum yum, rum and raisin and the original.

Why do companies have to change everything? Is it because they do really good stuff, suck everyone in and then once they have the customers, change to cheap ingredients? Same as beauty, same as everything.

CC
I’m with you there: Thornton’s original toffee is delicious! 😋
(Like some of their fudge, too although that is a wee bit artificial)

The toffee especially is what I’d call a “good, old-fashioned” sweet!
Love the way it’s not cut into neat squares, but supplied in rustic chunks...

Does take some chewing, however, but it’s worth it...!

As to why companies change successful and popular recipes and products, I have no idea!
It’s infuriating.

Sometimes wonder if they do it so that they can advertise a “new and improved recipe or formula” etc?
They’re rarely better and invariably ruin a beloved product which surely drives away loyal customers!
Liz Earle good case in point..

I actually phoned Mcvities this week (sad I know!), because every other packet of Hobnobs I purchase are now over-baked or burnt! Lady logged the batch codes and dates and said she’d report it.
I may get some vouchers?!

Turns out they changed the recipe a few years back (I knew it!), ditto with Mcvities digestive biscuits, in order to reduce saturated fat and sugar content?

Thing is, it’s only a minimal difference in nutrition but to me it’s ruined them! I’d much rather just eat one or two good biscuits a week than multiple lacking ones!
End of rant 😉

I’m with you there: Thornton’s original toffee is delicious! 😋
(Like some of their fudge, too although that is a wee bit artificial)

The toffee especially is what I’d call a “good, old-fashioned” sweet!
Love the way it’s not cut into neat squares, but supplied in rustic chunks...

Does take some chewing, however, but it’s worth it...!
No Toffee available from Thornton's for months. I have been looking at their site since September as I buy it for Xmas gifts. Sold Out.

Hotel Chocolat have coffee shops, we have one in Belfast, so not surprised they are going to do coffee machines. Always people sitting in drinking a cup.

No Toffee available from Thornton's for months. I have been looking at their site since September as I buy it for Xmas gifts. Sold Out.

Hotel Chocolat have coffee shops, we have one in Belfast, so not surprised they are going to do coffee machines. Always people sitting in drinking a cup.
Oh no a national Thornton’s toffee shortage?!
I always ask for a box for Christmas!

Wonder what the issue is?
Have you tried phoning them?

Good point about CH, I think ours has a coffee shop - although I believe it’s more focused on their hot chocolate and their ice cream in the summer.

If they’ve got a factory set up producing velvetisers, not much of a leap to coffee machines, I would imagine?!

Oh no a national Thornton’s toffee shortage?!
I always ask for a box for Christmas!

Wonder what the issue is?
Have you tried phoning them?

Good point about CH, I think ours has a coffee shop - although I believe it’s more focused on their hot chocolate and their ice cream in the summer.

If they’ve got a factory set up producing velvetisers, not much of a leap to coffee machines, I would imagine?!
But where is that factory?
If it's like electric kettles they all seem to be made in China.

never tried hotel chocolat but thats cause im not a sweet person im more of a savoury one but i do wanna one day as caburys & the cheaper ones are just vomit enducing & sickly sweet & taste of nothing
Don't sit on the fence there Super lol. You just go ahead and say what you think :LOL::LOL:

CC

If you like Cadbury chocolate it is worth going to the Cadbury World near-ish Birmingham. I went a very long time ago, you could smell chocolate in the car park.

I only like dark chocolate, with a good snap 70% minimum. I keep 85-90% and eat a bit of that if I get an occasional bar at 60%. I do like the occasional Galaxy Ripple, but my 85% laughs at me saying I'll be there soon go my fix.

Thornton’s aren’t nearly as good as they used to be though.
my favourite chocolates used to be from a chap who had a tiny shop in Langholm, he made his own, they were gorgeous, alas no more.
Now I find Aldi’s bars as good, or even better, as any, especially the high coco content ones.

Latest posts

Back