How about a bit of respect IW?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cheesecake

Registered Shopper
You know what Ideal World, could we, as long time viewers have a bit of respect? Case in point which brought me to this today is the memory foam with that Suzy woman who shouldn't be allowed on tv. She comes on here saying "4cm memory foam is all you need", which then incrementally goes up or down to 3cm, 5cm, 7cm, 2cm, depending on what they are selling at the time. I'm sorry, but if you "don't feel any benefit after 4cm" as I've heard so so many times, then don't just ignore you've said that like we are all some blithering idiots and bang on now how others are "only 4cm".

Derek Belcher "I don't know how we've done xxx deal, we'll NEVER be able to match this value" he says, yet in 2 months or less there is another Karcher which does indeed beat that unbeatable value. The problem I have with this? he said on a show not a month ago how he has to pre-arrange these deals with Karcher at least 3 months ahead..........

Dennice and her 'fake' "oooh I'm shopping" whilst presenting fashion live, always got on my pipe, but again the other day Shaun let slip that they rehearse the show a few days ahead to see what's in the show and what's coming up. So Denn, this shopping could have been done just as easily a few days ago when you weren't live on air, and there was no possibility of it selling out.

This is all of course ignoring everyone pretending to not understand how Nutribullet works, how non-stick the ceramic pans are they've sold 8 times this fortnight, and Denn and the models using every skincare they are currently selling and claiming IT is responsible for their amazing results.
Oh, and Hayley, you were at maximum size 8 when you joined IW, I fail to see how 4 (and counting) fitness or excercise machines have changed your life when it comes to your shape.

.... and hang on!!!! Denn again now showing her face being de-fuzzed with the Pearl thing, she bought the laser on one of the times she was selling it and it got rid of her facial hair.......

If you cut through a TV shopping presenter like a stick of rock, they'd have "LiAR" written all the way through. I don't watch IW now since they took the Bid TV shower on, the amount of BS on that channel is unbelievable, they're on parr with a QVC now.

Best moment was Joe Remblance asking why (think it was Genevieve) the surprised look you've seen me do this before.:mysmilie_14:

It's their job to big up the products-how else can they sell them?
Acting surprised or claiming that have bought or used it themselves is all part of the game.
It's only when they make demonstrably false or misleading claims - like they used to on Bid- that they are crossing the line.
Television commercials use actors and celebrities to eulogise products and services in exchange for a fee in the same way as shopping telly presenters do.

I think it is hilarious when Peter nearly has a heart attack when he has an amazing product which he was selling a week ago! The barra boy is good at that, saying the demonstrator won't be able to do something brilliant, then he does and Mike says "wow, when I am wrong I hold my hands up and admit it" when he had seen the same demo done five times before!

Obviously they have to "sell" an item, but people watch regularly and see the same "shock" and they lose credibility.

We know its their job to big up products but they are not getting thousands of new viewers every day so doing the same demos every time with the same products just bores people to death, new products new demos and get rid of ex bid presenters would be a good start.

I would have a little more respect if they were to tell us they had seen the demo before and it was brilliant or whatever instead of trying to insult the viewers intelligence (or should that be memory) by feigning shock, disbelief.

I would have a little more respect if they were to tell us they had seen the demo before and it was brilliant or whatever instead of trying to insult the viewers intelligence (or should that be memory) by feigning shock, disbelief.

Exactly! That is exactly what I meant in my earlier post but you expressed it better than me. I would have more respect for them if they did that.

I love watching the gentleman from Williams/spear and Jackson. He is such a charisma void.

But without the bid lot, it would still be shystery but without the shouty shouty type selling we all secretly love to watch but not buy from.

Latest posts

Back