How do you get sucked in?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I've bought a few things recently that I actually wanted, worked out the price per item, searched for a lower price elsewhere, found that Q were the cheapest, then ordered.

So how is this getting sucked into buying, as I wanted or needed the items anyway?

The answer is that they were all multi-packs.

In other words, although the price per item was good, I had to buy 3, or 4, or 6 or even 8 sometimes.

Very often I give the surplus away for birthdays or Xmas. But who needs a cooling down towel (a 4 pack) at the end of December? ;)

And who else needs more than one alarmed doorstop (another 4 pack)? And don't even mention the 8 packs of Kochblume cloths or solar lights!

So looking back I find that I have many unused items that were multi-packs, and even though each item was a bargain, they are not so when I end up with unused items.

Has anyone else been sucked in to buying multipacks of more than they need? And how else do you get sucked in to buying when you didn't intend to?

Last edited:
I don't mind the things like the Kochblume cloths being sold in a multipack as you can never have too many cloths, though it's a shame that you can't get packs of mixed colours so you can colour code them for different rooms/tasks. A lot of the stuff - agreed, you are buying stuff you don't need. Shame some of these sets don't have the option to buy single units. I bought the set of five insulated shopping bags, yes they're great, but I only really needed a couple!

I don't mind the things like the Kochblume cloths being sold in a multipack as you can never have too many cloths, though it's a shame that you can't get packs of mixed colours so you can colour code them for different rooms/tasks. A lot of the stuff - agreed, you are buying stuff you don't need. Shame some of these sets don't have the option to buy single units. I bought the set of five insulated shopping bags, yes they're great, but I only really needed a couple!
I bought these but I did need a lot to empty my freezer to defrost it (but still not got around to it).

Yes. I would have preferred mixed colours of the cloths. Maybe two of each colour. Two for kitchen, two facecloths, two for bathroom, two for shiny things (windows, dusting, display/screens, car interior, exterior- oh hang on?) Did buy the two large ones but still short 😂😂😂

IMO multipacks make people feel that they've got a bargain & also secure knowing there's a 'back up' or twenty. The 2020 Great Toilet Paper Panic was caused by the media, however, a behavioural expert (!) said that because it's a large pack of stuff & doesn't have a use by date it makes us feel secure. She didn't acknowledge the obvious reason that most of us like to have a plentiful supply just in case... I've been to the Emma Bridgewater factory & Trentham Gardens today so can't even begin to talk about being enticed into buying anything 😇

Strato, you raise an excellent point! It's why I shop so much less from Q nowadays. All the crapola included in Elemis Christnas TSVs that nobody wanted...like the vile-smelling evening blooms body oil...bleurgh!

I also find the TSVs which consist of supersizes are not great... particularly for gifts.
Cloths and cleaning blocks are ok in bulk, because they are meant to be used until they wear out.

The only things I've ever bought in multipacks from QVC are where I can gift them which actually does come in useful at Christmas when you can give family members the same or slightly different top-up presents. But that applies only to useful stuff like the Kochblume cloths, the freezer bags and a Lock n Lock jug thingy a year or so ago which actually went down really well. I don't remember buying anything else as a multipack and the options of what would be useful to everyone are limited.

I bought the bags they are fab aren’t they ? Lol … think I will give one each to my daughters in law .. love microfibre cloths .. not tried kochblume yet 👍 That’s a plan

Yes. I would have preferred mixed colours of the cloths. Maybe two of each colour. Two for kitchen, two facecloths, two for bathroom, two for shiny things (windows, dusting, display/screens, car interior, exterior- oh hang on?) Did buy the two large ones but still short 😂😂😂
I’ve been using both the small ones and the large ones to dry myself on the beach after swimming!

I bought the bags they are fab aren’t they ? Lol … think I will give one each to my daughters in law .. love microfibre cloths .. not tried kochblume yet 👍 That’s a plan
What are the bags? Always interested in reusable bags for the freezer.

It's a bit like the 3 for 2 offers they always have in Boots.
Do I really want 3 of the same thing? only if it's something I always buy anyway, otherwise no.

Latest posts

Back