How Does Gems TV Work?!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ArtDeco

Registered Shopper
This is my first post here, I'm usually to be found on the QVC section! But just looking for a bit of knowledge re: Gems TV...

A couple of days ago I was channel-surfing and saw a ring being presented on Gems TV (or the extra channel - does it make a difference?!) that I really liked the look of. It was on a show featuring under £30 prices I think, and I'm sure it went down to £19.99. I didn't order as I hate making purchases under pressure (quite a problem with these instant auction channels I suppose!) It didn't sell out and I've since found it on their website but it seems to be £22 now. Not much of a difference I know but I just wondered if the price only holds when it's on air then goes up when it returns to stock?

Also, I seem to recall from somewhere that items purchased from these jewellery channels can only be returned if they've not been removed from the plastic packaging? How would that work with trying a ring on to check sizing I wonder? And does this contradict DSR which allows for an item to be reasonably inspected before return?

Hoping someone with more experience of these channels can help :hi:

MTIA :handshake:

Welcome to the world of gems!

Ok, let's see if I can answer some of your questions .............

1. Does it matter if it's GemsTV or Gems Extra - no!

2. Can you return items? Yes, they all come with a tag (a bit like a price tag), so long as you don't remove the tag, the item is returnable. The exception are earrings. These come in a bag and you can't take these out of the bag - which is a pain.

3. You have 28 days to return items and your money is typically credited back to your card within 1-2 weeks.

4. The price remains lower for about an hour after being on TV then it goes to a higher price on the website. Very occasionally, if you call customer services, they MAY price match it for you - but this is at their discretion.

Hope that helps!

Welcome to the world of gems!

Ok, let's see if I can answer some of your questions .............

1. Does it matter if it's GemsTV or Gems Extra - no!

2. Can you return items? Yes, they all come with a tag (a bit like a price tag), so long as you don't remove the tag, the item is returnable. The exception are earrings. These come in a bag and you can't take these out of the bag - which is a pain.

3. You have 28 days to return items and your money is typically credited back to your card within 1-2 weeks.

4. The price remains lower for about an hour after being on TV then it goes to a higher price on the website. Very occasionally, if you call customer services, they MAY price match it for you - but this is at their discretion.

Hope that helps!

Thanks very much Meeshoo, I appreciate your time and knowledge, it's really helpful :wave:

Latest posts

Back