How far out of London do they live ???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Just heard Jackie Kabler on the fashion outlet show (10.00 am) say how frosty it was when she got into her car at 4.30 AM !! So how far away from Chiswick does she live ??? there's no traffic at that time, and even if she arrived at 6.00 am that's an awful long time to be at work before being on air 4 hours later, even if they're meetings to attend and they never appear to do 'prep' work.

Just heard Jackie Kabler on the fashion outlet show (10.00 am) say how frosty it was when she got into her car at 4.30 AM !! So how far away from Chiswick does she live ??? there's no traffic at that time, and even if she arrived at 6.00 am that's an awful long time to be at work before being on air 4 hours later, even if they're meetings to attend and they never appear to do 'prep' work.
It doesn't make sense. She's talking for the sake of talking.

She lives in Gloucestershire.

Yes, I know she has referred in the past to living in Gloucestershire. Unless she has moved, of course.
I think Pipa is in Warwickshire.
Most seem to live in the South East, though.

I'm rather ashamed to say this, but I used to travel a 32 mile round trip to work for the NHS in an office, and do nothing all day.

When I say "nothing" the 5 people in the office did actually do crosswords, quizzes and other games together.

I only stood it for 1 year!

I'm rather ashamed to say this, but I used to travel a 32 mile round trip to work for the NHS in an office, and do nothing all day.

When I say "nothing" the 5 people in the office did actually do crosswords, quizzes and other games together.

You shouldn't be ashamed it's those who allowed this to happen who are to blame.

Goodness knows how long it takes them to get to “work”, seen as though QVC shop assistants live on another planet.

Just seen Chuntley for twenty sickly seconds and she never once mentioned being a vegan, I wonder if that’s another one of her attention seeking fads to throw on the scrap heap, along with jewellery designing, sign language etc and now veganism. I don’t follow any of them either, she says all this on air mistakenly thinking anyone gives a toss 🤪😂

I had a temp job like that once! In the post room of a major building society's head office. It mostly consisted on delivering letters and documents to various people...3 did three mail rounds per day which took about an hour each..rest of the time we sat around chatting, eating snacks and listening to the radio..and we got full breaks too. Very occassionally we were asked to muck in on another section but this was rare...Did 9-5 annoyingly last round was at 4pm so always had to stay till the end. Money for old rope!! Days before email obviously!!!!

Jackie Kabler lives in Cheltenham, Pipa lives near to Stratford Upon Avon & Katy's in Dorset. I don't 'follow' any of them, I'm just nosey.

So if they are doing a late shift, then appearing again the following morning, I take it they stay in a hotel overnight - covered perhaps by our exorbitant p & p charges :rolleyes:

I used to travel an hour each way to work in the NHS. I hated just sitting in traffic so would leave early to get there and leave late to get home. Better to stay at work than sit in a jam.

We were told to pick up the phone then immediately put it down when we were 'on a break' which happened at least 6 times a day, not including lunch. We were also told to treat anyone at a lower grade 'in a way that makes it obvious that you are a higher grade' than them (ward manager's actual words). I have an idea what she meant but I believe in treating others the way they treat me. She also told us to 'pretend you didn't hear' patients.

Then there were the consultants... A few were great. Others were so far up their own arses, though. They'd cancel clinics arranged weeks in advance to go and play golf for the day or take an unplanned week off and expect staff to contact all the patients to re-arrange. The cost of sending letters and making calls trying to inform people that the 'consultant is ill/has a family emergency - I'm sure you understand' must have been considerable as staff would also have to put in overtime to catch people sometimes the evening before the clinic was due.

Ridiculous.

My Mr T is a self employed adviser for the NFU & until the Chinese nasty appeared he worked for three days a week travelling the M5 to Gloucestershire, Wilshire & Dorset. I hate that motorway & I'm delighted that his journeys came to an end; the fact that he's achieved as much working remotely from a spare bedroom as he did in the offices means he'll never have to do them again.

I heard Katy and Jackie saying it was 2 hours back and forth to work. 4 hours travel before you do anything. How long would it take pipa to get to work. She does stay in hotel. Not good on geography unfortunately. The money must be amazing. My relation got 2 Christmas hampers filled with goodies for Christmas off QVC. They are an amazing company to work for x

Latest posts

Back