How is Howard employed?!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Atticus

Registered Shopper
I don't think I've ever seen a more smug and talentless presenter (even in the world of shopping television...)

I just switched over briefly during a commercial on another channel to hear one of the most bizarre 4 minutes of television ever. He was ranting about how you could impress neighbours or the community with a hedge trimmer - but with complete seriousness.

The guest than suggested various areas in which you could use the trimmer, including at a graveyard. To which Howard interrupted and went on a bizarre, inane and completely unintllegible rant about how you should check with the Vicar first and how important it is to have a good relationship with your local church?? He then contued by stating what a great relationship he has with his local council - in fact 'I've had a great relationship with every council I've known'. He continued by lecturing the viewers on how important community is, how the world is full of 'evil' and how good can conquer evil. While selling a hedge trimmer....

The poor guest could not have looked more awkward.

I genuinely don't know how this man is on television.

Ideal World + Howard (what a boring man)

:mysmilie_13:Atticus, I saw him briefly during the Woodland Leathers hour last night, with the blonde model (?Jill). He was rambling on and on about women's figures/shapes and how Woodland Leathers create their women's coats with the shape of women in mind (funny that, I would have thought that when creating a woman's coat you would be thinking of a man or a 5 year old child...but this is Howard's world we're talking here...sense plays no part in it). Anyway, he kept on and on saying "and women have breasts", varying this with "and women have bosoms".. He was also posing and preening in the men's version of Woodland Leathers jacket, and insisted that the female model (who looked highly embarrassed and somewhat pink-faced) show him how to parade down a catwalk! To be honest, I wondered if he was on medication or something(?), his behaviour borders on the bizarre (cancel that ; it IS bizarre). How do these people stay in a job? He makes BidUp presenters look good, that's how bad he was. I'm sure in The World of Howard he thinks he is extremely funny and a real whiz as a presenter...pity he doesn't watch the playback and be honest with himself.....he is amateur and completely dire, and did the Brand and the Channel no favours at all.

I don't think I've ever seen a more smug and talentless presenter (even in the world of shopping television...)

I just switched over briefly during a commercial on another channel to hear one of the most bizarre 4 minutes of television ever. He was ranting about how you could impress neighbours or the community with a hedge trimmer - but with complete seriousness.

The guest than suggested various areas in which you could use the trimmer, including at a graveyard. To which Howard interrupted and went on a bizarre, inane and completely unintllegible rant about how you should check with the Vicar first and how important it is to have a good relationship with your local church?? He then contued by stating what a great relationship he has with his local council - in fact 'I've had a great relationship with every council I've known'. He continued by lecturing the viewers on how important community is, how the world is full of 'evil' and how good can conquer evil. While selling a hedge trimmer....

The poor guest could not have looked more awkward.

I genuinely don't know how this man is on television.

He is in the same category as the other "Sales folk and actors" who work for IW...............He is employed simply because its Ideal World.

Who else would be interested in them?

Howard and Peter should be taken round the back and put out of their collective misery. I avoid Howard as much as I can but happened to catch Peter on the Kincaid hour recently and he made me feel like I was some kid in school being spoken down to by the school chaplain. Shawn is showing the same traits as well of late, could it be instructions from above (the boss, not God!) to do something about poor sales perhaps? Not that this will help!

I hate ordering now because of the pestering phone calls you end up getting from that Brighton-based number trying to sell their club memberships or something like that. They don't give up although I have complained about it.

I don't watch/ buy from IW, used to on off but once they gave faux shock and complete faux amazement Mason, and the absolutely pathetic double entendre Peter Simon a job, I reached for the remote, switched over and never looked back. IW is definitely going the way of Bid TV.

:mysmilie_13:Atticus, I saw him briefly during the Woodland Leathers hour last night, with the blonde model (?Jill). He was rambling on and on about women's figures/shapes and how Woodland Leathers create their women's coats with the shape of women in mind (funny that, I would have thought that when creating a woman's coat you would be thinking of a man or a 5 year old child...but this is Howard's world we're talking here...sense plays no part in it). Anyway, he kept on and on saying "and women have breasts", varying this with "and women have bosoms".. He was also posing and preening in the men's version of Woodland Leathers jacket, and insisted that the female model (who looked highly embarrassed and somewhat pink-faced) show him how to parade down a catwalk! To be honest, I wondered if he was on medication or something(?), his behaviour borders on the bizarre (cancel that ; it IS bizarre). How do these people stay in a job? He makes BidUp presenters look good, that's how bad he was. I'm sure in The World of Howard he thinks he is extremely funny and a real whiz as a presenter...pity he doesn't watch the playback and be honest with himself.....he is amateur and completely dire, and did the Brand and the Channel no favours at all.

Gosh! It's the guests and models I feel sorry for- they stand there and look so uncomfortable while he talks.

What is ideal world thinking?

A favourite topic of his when presenting some juicing m/c frankly put me right off ,i watch very few shows now usually gardening odd bit of diy but to be honest i could write the scripts word for word .

Howard is pompous, he should be shown the door along with most of the other IW presenters, the same old goods again and again and rubbish presenters who cannot string words into a sensible sentence. How IW keeps going l do not know

Howard is pompous, he should be shown the door along with most of the other IW presenters, the same old goods again and again and rubbish presenters who cannot string words into a sensible sentence. How IW keeps going l do not know

But it is funny :mysmilie_17:

Howard - Funn? Not!

:mysmilie_14:
But it is funny :mysmilie_17:

What is funniest of all is that HE obviously thinks he's good, when he actually comes across as creepy and weird! There's obviously no one at IW who gives honest feedback to the presenters and tells them when they are out of order. It was the poor female model I felt sorry for, I don't think she knew where to look. If I was someone in charge at the Brand whose goods they were promoting, I would go ballistic: I can't see how it sells products or improves a Brand image if people are only tuning in to see someone (perhaps I should say 'someone else' as he's not the only one on IW, as we know) prancing around and making an idiot of themselves and the presenter is more concerned with posing and preening themselves, and uttering irrelevant garbage, than actually promoting the product in a professional manner. It was the female model who talked about the softness of the leather, sleeve lengths, trims, and how people should judge which jacket size(s) to get - surely that's at least partly the presenter's job? The model actually 'carried' that hour - they should get rid of him and put her in his place, she'd make a much better job of it. Professional? What does that word mean, Howard?

Howard's continued employment at IW is a constant mystery to me. His sales figures must be good, otherwise they'd get rid of him. However, I totally agree with the talentless description - indeed, to my mind he's always seemed slightly unhinged. He spends a lot of the hour burbling on a load of irrelevant drivel and has a particular talent for making people feel uncomfortable. His humour seems to come from 70s game show innuendo; a slightly budget version of Dirty Peter's routine. All in all, he embarrasses me.

So either his figures are good and it is we are in the minority who find him weird (unlikely), or there's something in his contract preventing IW from terminating it.

Last edited:
i just can't watch him full stop... along with Hayley and her creepy fingers & white fingernails ...i can't understand how IW have not gone the same way as bid as the same products everyday but i will not watch howard as he seriously makes me want to throw up

Latest posts

Back