How long before QVC sell this Dyson?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
Unbelievable price of £500 for a desk lamp! It was on the Gadget Show tonight.

Screenshot (590).png

Last edited:
they look amazing but not at that price

they have some refurbished stuff including the lamps. Very very nice dyson-outlet

I bought some anglepose style lamps from IKEA in brushed gold one was £17.99 bought 2 and the other around £20.00. They look very old fashioned but modern at the same time. They look amazing scattered around the front room

I don't know why, but Dyson and their comedy pricing makes me really cross. It's like they're just taking the piss. Why is everything with the name 'Dyson' at least five-times the price of any other brand? It's like putting 'wedding' in the title of something: the price automatically doubles. These lights might be a bit better than one you'd pick up from Lidl or IKEA, but nothing makes a desk lamp worth £500.

James Dyson must be laughing all the bank - abroad, since he dumped the UK for overseas manufacturing following Brexit, of course.

No surely they are £5.00, or at the very most pretending to be an elite purchase, £50? Never ever £500! Will Gabby Abbi present!?
Almost certainly. Dressed like a Quality Street, she will jabber on about how it's 'life-changing', and mention the following:

• Working at home during lockdown - needing a 'good light' at your desk.
  • Home schooling: children need a good light, or their eyes will fail and they will die.
  • 'Wellness' will need mentioning somewhere - possibly along the lines of Seasonal Affective Disorder and the need for bright lights over the winter
  • It will have a totally unnecessary engineering feature, which will be used to justify its ludicrous price (along the lines of the motor in the Dyson hairdryer being 'faster than an F1 engine, as if that's in any way relevant or desirable in a hairdryer). Think something along the lines of 'its LEDs are brighter than the sun' or some other claptrap
  • It will be described as a 'considered purchase', when most people will need to 'consider' nothing once they see the price of it.

One of the reviews - - -

Poor engineering for cost.
Michael
Reviewed on26 December 2020

Concept is good, I enjoy the use. However, for the cost involved, I consider the engineering poor. Certainly, I would expect a slicker wand, with quality engineering rather than the flimsy and cheaper option chosen. Dyson trade on their name - by that, one expects a quality product. Not so in this instance!
I wouldn't recommend this to a friend

Needless to say, it uses an app.

If you type in your date of birth, it gradually increases the light as your eyesight deteriorates as you get older.

I wish this was a joke that I'd just made up, but it's TRUE!

Another "unique" feature is that you can fold the head onto the column and it uses the latest technology to keep it in place. That's right, a magnet.

Almost certainly. Dressed like a Quality Street, she will jabber on about how it's 'life-changing', and mention the following:

• Home schooling: children need a good light, or their eyes will fail and they will die.
  • 'Wellness' will need mentioning somewhere - possibly along the lines of Seasonal Affective Disorder and the need for bright lights over the winter
  • It will have a totally unnecessary engineering feature, which will be used to justify its ludicrous price (along the lines of the motor in the Dyson hairdryer being 'faster than an F1 engine, as if that's in any way relevant or desirable in a hairdryer). Think something along the lines of 'its LEDs are brighter than the sun' or some other claptrap
  • It will be described as a 'considered purchase', when most people will need to 'consider' nothing once they see the price of it.
As well as the ridiculous features in my post number 12, she must also say that it has built in GPS so that it knows exactly where in the world you are, and can therefore adjust the brightness automatically, such as gradually increase it as it gets darker. That in itself must be worth all of the £500, as it saves you turning a dimmer switch.

I can't wait for it to come onto QVC when it is a TSV and I can buy it for 99P less.

Actually, the GPS is NOT built into the lamp after all, it uses the GPS in the mobile phone that has the app.

Last edited:

You forgot
“and if you already have the Dyson hair gadgets, then the light that this gives out will help you see so much clearer and ensure you achieve an even better result”

F...ing hell, don’t know about other people on here , but I’ll guess they want what I want from a lamp - and that’s to read by, do close work, or simply to brighten up a dull corner - and that can be achieved with £30 for sure, and if you’re not fussed what it looks like- a tenner would probably cover it! Just ‘cause it’s Dyson, no doubt a fair few eejits will aspire to have one, and those who are minted will buy a couple. I dislike Dyson as much as I dislike Qvc!

F...ing hell, don’t know about other people on here , but I’ll guess they want what I want from a lamp - and that’s to read by, do close work, or simply to brighten up a dull corner - and that can be achieved with £30 for sure, and if you’re not fussed what it looks like- a tenner would probably cover it! Just ‘cause it’s Dyson, no doubt a fair few eejits will aspire to have one, and those who are minted will buy a couple. I dislike Dyson as much as I dislike Qvc!
Yes, to me they have now become a joke, making ridiculously expensive items that often have poor reviews, and do nothing that items at one-tenth of the price would do.

Such gadgets these days have so many features that sound good when listed
( although these from Strato have given me a laugh!) but then you step back and think ‘when would I really use that’? Answer never.The ultimate horror scenario Lee Alexa Holbein presenting.

I got a vintage angle poise lamp for a fiver from a car boot sale a couple of years ago.

An electrician friend rewired it with flex that looks vintage although it's modern and for a total of £20 I have a perfectly serviceable lamp that I think looks really stylish and it does exactly does what I need it to do!

Latest posts

Back