How long does it take parcels to arrive after despatch?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

woodstock

Registered Shopper
Hi

Could somebody advise how long it takes to get your parcel after despatch. I got an email to say my parcel had been despatched on Thursday 6 November - I ordered the Smashbox starter kit. Only other thing I have ever ordered was a Liz Earle TSV and that never arrived - kind of put me off ordering until now so I really hope this parcel turns up.

I ordered that same Smashbox starter kit, it was dispatched on the 6th and has just arrived about an hour ago. That's about usual for QVC for me - very slow!

I'm finding stuff generally is arriving much slower now than it used to from QVC (except perhaps jewellery). 7 days after the date I was emailed that an order was despatched and I still await delivery and this seems to be par for the course with my orders now.

That depends on who is delivering it! Around here - if the RM are bringing it, it can take longer than I'd like. If Parcel Force are doing it - not too bad at all. But if a certain local courier are delivering it can take ages (and sometimes does not arrive at all!) Shoes and coats seem to be the worst things, although candles are known to go missing at this time of year. Leaves me wondering whether there is a certain pub in the town where I could go to find it!

I'm finding that the courier deliveries seem to have got very quick - a couple of weeks ago I ordered some Easiyo drinking yogurt and it arrived within four days, and last week I ordered another Easiyo yogurt pack that arrived just as quickly. It seems the Royal Mail stuff that's getting slower and slower and slower. I ordered last night's Lock and Lock one time only so I'm hoping that will come in super quick time too.

how long is a piece of string woodstock.qvcsay allow 5-7 working days that does not include saturdays and sundays. so 2 weeks you may have toi wait. if they are a day later though i ask for my p&p cost back.

It seems to be getting longer. I used to find that as soon as my account changed to "shipped" I'd receive my parcel about two days later. Now, I seem to be only just receiving them within the 7 days.

I really don't think that "shipped" notification is very accurate.

I wonder if they are sending it by a cheaper post rate/longer delivery time to save money. I'm only thinking this because of the postage options you can get on other sites where you pay for next day/first class delivery but can sometimes get free delivery if you're prepared to wait longer.

It takes much longer than a week for mine to arrive except jewellery that comes very quickly my kipling TSV has just arrived today and was shipped on 4/11. But ordered a seecode vosser bluetooth and it arrived within 4 days but I think that was parcelnet and they come quicker than RM and parcelforce I'm convinced they have a special carthorse delivery esp for QVC

For me it depends who the parcel it is coming by. the mail around here is supposed to be one of the worst in the country according to local paper.
this week i have had 1 amazon delivery within a couple of days, " ebay deliveries that came from hong kong within a week, an ebay delivery from uk a week, and an ebay delivery that came within a day. I am still waiting for an amazon delivery ordered Friday evening.
so it is usally a bit of a mixed bag regardless of where from if using the Royal Mail companies.

What I can't understand is that when I order from an equally big, if not bigger company, in Amazon.co.uk, they offer free delivery for single or total orders over £5 and deliver usually within 3 days! And on top of that, they deliver from Glenrothes in Scotland - so why do QVC constantly attach high delivery charges for EACH item and take longer to deliver? There has to be some 'give' and take and as a company you either need free delivery or fast delivery and QVC generally offer neither of these and for me it has always been the weak point about the service. In which other form of commerce do they apply individual postage costs for each item - can anyone think of any?

I believe at some point a rival may step in who will use a similar format whilst offering free delivery on all items because many times that can be the eye catcher in making the sale.

To balance that out, QVC do come up with some excellent deals and extras that are thrown in and of course they also have their exclusive '30 day money back guarantee', which is a very good tag, although it doesn't seem to apply to chocolate boxes that have one chocolate remaining and the conclusion that 'you know what, these just aren't the ones for me!' - I wonder at which point they accept a return on chocolates for a refund - three quarters of a box remaining? half a box? a quarter of the box? Allow me to set a scenario: If you're holding a dinner party and hand the chocolate box around to each guest and three quarters of them didn't like them, you can hardly ask them to regurgitate the chocolates with the aim to refill the box, can one?
32.gif

Last edited:
As above I find that jewellery usually takes 2-3 days to arrive. Beauty takes between 7-10 days and household etc it depends on whether it is RM or courier but usually 5-7 days.

They are getting slower and slower these days and as said on here before more and more epensive delivery costs.

:r1:

If it's jewellery items, it's usually 2-3 days for me, but anything else it seems to take the full 7 days (and sometimes longer.) I don't know why, but their delivery service seems to have gone to pot. It is really putting me off ordering now.

What I can't understand is that when I order from an equally big, if not bigger company, in Amazon.co.uk, they offer free delivery for single or total orders over £5 and deliver usually within 3 days! And on top of that, they deliver from Glenrothes in Scotland - so why do QVC constantly attach high delivery charges for EACH item and take longer to deliver? There has to be some 'give' and take and as a company you either need free delivery or fast delivery and QVC generally offer neither of these and for me it has always been the weak point about the service. In which other form of commerce do they apply individual postage costs for each item - can anyone think of any?

I believe at some point a rival may step in who will use a similar format whilst offering free delivery on all items because many times that can be the eye catcher in making the sale.

To balance that out, QVC do come up with some excellent deals and extras that are thrown in and of course they also have their exclusive '30 day money back guarantee', which is a very good tag, although it doesn't seem to apply to chocolate boxes that have one chocolate remaining and the conclusion that 'you know what, these just aren't the ones for me!' - I wonder at which point they accept a return on chocolates for a refund - three quarters of a box remaining? half a box? a quarter of the box? Allow me to set a scenario: If you're holding a dinner party and hand the chocolate box around to each guest and three quarters of them didn't like them, you can hardly ask them to regurgitate the chocolates with the aim to refill the box, can one?
32.gif

There was a rival HSE that offered one p&p on orders in 24 hours but they pulled out of the UK before establishing.
Many have tried to rival QVc but none seem to last.

Latest posts

Back