How long for delivery?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Fluffwump

Registered Shopper
Am I correct in thinking that QVC is quoting 3 to 5 working days for delivery? I just wondered as I never get my parcels that quickly, which isn't surprising as the last few items i ordered weren't even despatched for 3 days, I often don't even get my parcels within the 5 to 7 working days as was previously quoted..... is it just me, or are they making promises they just can't deliver on (no pun intended)

No not just you they are making promises they can't deliver and I'm absolutely sick of it. I waited 14 days for my LE try me. I paid £4.95 P&P for the privelage.
In my experience anything sent by RM seems to be fine, but the minute it's put in the less than capable hands of Hermes that's when there's a problem.

In light of people receiving a letter when too many goods are returned maybe we should also have a standard letter that is sent to the big boss at QVC when the standard of delivery and service is unacceptable.

All by QVC items get delivered on a Tuesday, except when it's the post office. I put this down to the courrier.
So I think it then is down to when QVC send it out of the depot. When I order on Fri/Sat/Sun I miss the first week and it gets delivered in week two.

They seem to have a rather random way of actually dispatching stuff from their literal actual warehouse (the one that is the size of a million football pitches and home to Craig as he has such a vast collection of QVC purchases) Sometimes my stuff comes a couple of days after I have ordered them and sometimes I wait nearly two weeks. I find that getting my money back after I have sent them back is just as haphazard and unprecticable. Another reason I won't be doing any Christmas shopping with them.

Phone CS and insist that you want full refund of p&p when it takes over the 3 - 5 working days. I ordered 2 items last Saturday - jewellery, usually quite quick for delivery. One was sent yesterday and one was sent out this morning - a whole week later - that's 3 - 5 working days for despatch! I'll be phoning CS when they arrive to get p&p refunded!

All by QVC items get delivered on a Tuesday, except when it's the post office. I put this down to the courrier.
So I think it then is down to when QVC send it out of the depot. When I order on Fri/Sat/Sun I miss the first week and it gets delivered in week two.

That doesn't seem to be QVC's fault. Sounds like a carp courier to me!

When their delivery was 5-7 working days the vast majority of my purchases arrived in around 3-4 days, since they changed to 3-5 working days that's increased to at least 5-7 :dull:

I've also gained a new courier recently - the previous chap was great, he and me had all sorts of systems worked out (stick it in the cold frame, unless that's full of plants, in which case use the green wheelie bin except on Mondays when Barbara next door can take it in etc) but the new guy seems to have a blanket policy of assuming I and everyone in my close other than the aforementioned lovely Barbara is out and treating her as a holding station. I'm a full time mum so I'm in quite a bit, but now instead of watching out for a courier I look for Barbara hopping across my lawn. I really think QVC should start adding my Barbara to their list of teachers, podiatrists, bin men etc who help out through the year and deserve some Eek as a Christmas thankyou...

Sorry to double up, but I posted this on Klarion's P&P thread, but it's probably better off here...

Outside of the actual cost of the P&P, it really annoys me that they keep us waiting so long for orders. I'm fed up hearing the presenters banging on and on and on about "three to five working days." AY doesn't even add the "working" bit there, and just says three to five days. QVC, please don't treat us like idiots and be honest - admit to customers that, on average, it takes two days to even shift your stock out of the warehouse. All in all, you're likely to end up waiting at least a week to receive your order. You don't tell us that in your latest "not on my watch" promotional.

How you can keep charging so much for P&P and keep us waiting so long is unconscionable. I order from many online retailers, and ebay, and at least 90% of them can have my order at my front door in less time that it takes you to despatch, and for free. Mum recently ordered a pair of sheepskin boots online, I can't compare the prices as this was a brand QVC don't sell, but the order was placed around lunchtime on Wednesday. She had the option of free postage or express for £5. She chose the express option and they were delivered at 1.05pm the next day. Compare that to your process - you would charge me almost £5 to order a mascara (for example, as a bloke, I don't use it!) and I'd then wait the best part of a week, or possibly longer to receive it. How are you able to sit and imagine that you can continue to operate that sort of business model against competition that is free and/or next day? Oh, and these people also offer freefone telephone lines and a 28 day MBG, so you can't even use that as justification.

Mum wanted to put a thread here about a Bob Mackie order. She wanted to wear that for an event this weekend and ordered it last weekend. Guess what? It's not here, surprise surprise - stuck in the warehouse for 2 days. And don't say it's because of your volume of orders. Amazon handle more than you do and do it quicker for cheaper. Look out QVC, you'll be getting it straight back as you took too long to deliver it and the moment has passed. We know you read, please do something about this before we all head elsewhere. As mentioned elsewhere, those viewers who are unable to use any other means of shopping are dwindling in number and will not sustain you forever. I'm fed up with the stress, hassle and cost of shopping with QVC and will be handling my Christmas shopping elsewhere. I can't afford the rubbish "gifts" you're hawking anyhow. I would't buy for myself, let alone my family.

I got 2 email on 13th October telling me that goods ordered (on the same day as each other and both the same brand) had been dispatched. One parcel arrived 3 days later and one didn't turn up.

I rang CS after 7 days and they apologised and said they'd send me the 'not received' letter. The item I wanted is now out of stock. The letter arrived yesterday .... and so did the parcel!

When I rang them they said the first item, which had arrived within the 3 - 5 days, came via a courier. The one that was delayed came via Royal Mail. The only thing I find odd is that items made by the same company are sent out by two different methods ....... but hey ho - at least I can bin the letter now.

OK it's not just me then, deliveries are just getting worse, and Hermes are the major culprits, my delivery driver says she only works 2 days a week so when I get it depends on when it comes to her, I think this is an absolutely rubbish service, and yet it's one of the most expensive delivery charges out there, even worse when you factor in that they still refuse to combine many purchases into one parcel to reduce delivery costs.I will only buy from QVC now if it's the only place that I can get a product ..... and then I think twice!

Don't get me started. I was planning on making Christmas cards this weekend, ordered my stamps last weekend & they held them to ransom until Thursday, so there goes my plan of making cards!

There is absolutely NO rhyme or reason to how orders are sent out either. My OPI TSV was marked 'shipped' at almost the same time as the stamps. It's an utter widdle take!

Their returns are even worse though, their warehouse need a massive kick up the backside if you ask me.

I wonder where we stand if we refuse to pay P&P if the deliveries aren't on time, after all we have paid for the delivery which is promised to be within a certain time-scale, so surely they aren't living up to their contract, so should make a refund, if it only happened once in a while I wouldn't grumble, but it happens all the time! Otherwise presenters should be prevented from quoting delivery times that aren't being achieved surely this is getting to the point where trading standards should become involved.

I wonder where we stand if we refuse to pay P&P if the deliveries aren't on time, after all we have paid for the delivery which is promised to be within a certain time-scale, so surely they aren't living up to their contract, so should make a refund, if it only happened once in a while I wouldn't grumble, but it happens all the time! Otherwise presenters should be prevented from quoting delivery times that aren't being achieved surely this is getting to the point where trading standards should become involved.

:mysmilie_504:I couldn't agree more, I have had this conversation with CS before. A few times I have been lucky and had the P&P refunded and other times they haven't been so forthcoming.
If the Hemes couriers only deliver a few times a week then IMO it's QVC's job to find a courier company that can deliver within the correct timescale. If we are paying a huge amount of money to have our items delivered the convenience should be for us not the couriers.

I am going to be requesting a refund of p&p when my stamps finally arrive (if they arrive - they are apparently coming via Royal Fail) as they STILL haven't arrived.

Goodness only knows how long it's going to be until my OPI arrives as well. Not too bothered about that as it was only ordered on Thursday, but it's bliddy annoying when people are already leaving reviews, you ordered yours at practically the dot of midnight and still don't have it to play with. C'est la vie though. At least I have the OPI I ordered from Ebay the same day sitting waiting for me at home, so can play with that this evening.

I have a funny feeling my orders go to the bottom of the pile with the warehouse staff as I kicked up such an unholy fuss over the Pilates machine fiasco. Sorry warehouse peeps, but I was well within my rights to do so.

I bought a bracelet last night. My son did the biz online and I had to ask him twice to confirm the total cost. It turns out I've paid £4.95 P&P. For a bracelet :O

I wouldn't mind so much if I knew I'd see it with 1 or 2 days, but it does grate knowing it'll be a week or so before it's here. It was the OTO and by the time you add the P&P the discount seems marginal. How come so much more expensive itmes are less P&P? I guess the high price for the small items subsidises the more expensive tat, I mean, products.

I always used to wait a full 8-10 days for my deliveries,not the usual 5-7 they used to state.

Then deliveries were coming a bit quicker - I was getting items in the 3-5 days.

Now they seem to be slowing again - I find items aren't even dispatched until a good 3 days after ordering.Maybe its the *christmas rush* slowing things down.

Update on my orders

2 items ordered on 19th not yet arrived that's .......7 working days and counting
1 item ordered on 20th .......6 working days and counting
2 items ordered on 24th shipped today..... 3 days after being ordered!

this is getting ridiculous

I ordered an item from ebay yesterday afternoon with free P &P .... it arrived this morning!

My Hermes courier at the moment is great and on the whole the parcels sent this way arrives within 2 days of dispatch. Royal Mail items take longer, though jewellery arrives fairly swiftly. My bugbear is the delay before parcels leave the warehouse.

Jude xx

I ordered the TSV diamonique tennis bracelet on 20 Oct. I got the despatch email on the 22 Oct and it has just been delivered today, 28 Oct.

Normally, jewellery items are delivered to me within 4 days. If things are taking so long to arrive now, what will it be like the nearer we get to Christmas?

Like a lot of people here, I have curbed my QVC habit quite considerably. If I do shop on-line Amazon, Boots and the Bodyshop all have superior delivery times AND offer free p&p. In addition, there are usually discount codes available, as well as the opportunity to collect some type of reward in the shape points or cash back :clapping:

Latest posts

Back