How many last chances

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wanted to set up a sweepstakes!
How many further last chances are we going to get to buy Argyle diamonds or Csarite?
I usually only watch a bit of Ruth's shows just before I go to bed and 9 times out of 10 she has Argyll diamonds.on in her first hour. I wouldn't buy any on principle now as I am sick of hearing about them.

haven't bought anything for ages.

Sleeping Beauty turquoise, too.

Oh, and if I had a penny for every time we get told that Toby, Dave or Jake are upset and angry that some suppisedly rare stones have been set in silver instead of 24 carat gold or platinum or whaterver, and "It's far too late to do anything about it" (why? Gemporia makes their own jewellery, don't they? Nothing stopping them from pulling something from sale and getting gems reset if they were really that fussed), or that prices were "far too low, it's a mistake) I would probably have upwards of £200 quid by now.

It was the same with tanzanite on Rocks and Co. Even Mr Twirl noticed 🤭
I think its pretty common knowledge that there is loads of tanzanite about and the prices have gone down. I bought a lovely piece set in platinum in the Caribbean a few years ago, much better than the rubbish they trot out on these channels.

Sleeping Beauty turquoise, too.

Oh, and if I had a penny for every time we get told that Toby, Dave or Jake are upset and angry that some suppisedly rare stones have been set in silver instead of 24 carat gold or platinum or whaterver, and "It's far too late to do anything about it" (why? Gemporia makes their own jewellery, don't they? Nothing stopping them from pulling something from sale and getting gems reset if they were really that fussed), or that prices were "far too low, it's a mistake) I would probably have upwards of £200 quid by now.
The other week Dave was on looking very upset with a collection of emeralds or rubies that were’a mistake’. They were set in silver and not 18ct gold. Oh dear, the very experienced gem setters didn’t think to query it? Apparently not, they set the whole lot in silver!

Oh but a few times they mentioned that’the collector’, upon receipt, could take it to a reputable jeweller and have the stone reset into 18ct gold. But why didn’t you do that then Dave?

These ‘mistakes’ happen far too often than is ever believable. Surely the‘collectors’ spot it?

Scare selling. This, fill in name of gemstone, is now impossible to get the mine has closed the elephants are guarding the mine and won't let the miners in etc.

Shocked faces at the fill in gemstone, was not set in 18-carat gold and only silver. The shame!

Been going on for years.

Photos of Tiffany etc showing a gem which is a much bigger weight and higher quality selling for ££££ a carat. Yet they Gems can sell it in silver for almost pennies.

I am not sure how many remember the company back in the old days? But there was a scandal over Russian Alexandrite, they pushed this rare parcel they got from a collector and selling. Then a few years later it turned out it was not actually Russian at all. I remember here that many complained and got a refund between the Russian price and normal Alexandrite, some just send their jewellery for a full refund. There was also something with Paparatshe (sp) sapphire as well which caused outrage on people buying from Gems. I cannot remember the exact row that happened with that one?

I love it when they do their "absolutely not like for like" comparisons. They're brilliant!

"Here is a photo of the Koh-i-noor that we found doing websearch for really famous gems. Now here's our tiny 0.5 point cluster diamond Midas ring that looks like it's set in gold foil. These stones were mined on a compketely different continent, and have a certificate of authenticity signed by Ian and Janette Krankie. A steal at £39.73"

Scare selling. This, fill in name of gemstone, is now impossible to get the mine has closed the elephants are guarding the mine and won't let the miners in etc.

Shocked faces at the fill in gemstone, was not set in 18-carat gold and only silver. The shame!

Been going on for years.

Photos of Tiffany etc showing a gem which is a much bigger weight and higher quality selling for ££££ a carat. Yet they Gems can sell it in silver for almost pennies.

I am not sure how many remember the company back in the old days? But there was a scandal over Russian Alexandrite, they pushed this rare parcel they got from a collector and selling. Then a few years later it turned out it was not actually Russian at all. I remember here that many complained and got a refund between the Russian price and normal Alexandrite, some just send their jewellery for a full refund. There was also something with Paparatshe (sp) sapphire as well which caused outrage on people buying from Gems. I cannot remember the exact row that happened with that one?
The row with padparascha sapphire (or however you spell it) was that Gems said the colour was natural when in fact it was enhanced through a more controversial process called diffusion where stones are heated with a chemical to add colour.

Latest posts

Back