How much???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Food fest Puddings 811483 FOUR individual puddings for £7 each incl p & p. That is the most ridiculous price for one portion I've ever seen. Even restaurants don't charge as much as that - well not in my area anyway.
It's not that difficult to make a pudding yourself, is it ? I suppose you have to be in the mood to do it. It would cost so much less, but if you live alone, as I do, you would end up with too much.

I love puddings, biscuits & cakes, however, I love being slim more so only eat them on very rare occasions. My mother in law was a wonderful cook & her Christmas puddings were gorgeous, I buy ours from Georgie Porgies & their Lemon & Pimms pud is almost as good as hers.

I made three gingerbread loaves today from ingredients I always have in my cupboard. Two of my Grandsons have birthdays in the next few days so one each and one for us. They are not children they are 26 and 29 and love my gingerbread, good grief am I really that old!

sad folk are falling for the sales pitch which is hardly sophisticated. none of the food is particularly interesting: chutney, jams, pies, cakes, popcorn and Chocolate Gingerbread you can get for 99p in your local Waitrose or Lidls
I agree with you Boffy. The sales pitch is good, but when you get down to it, none of it is exotic Christmas fare. You can't beat Branston Pickle, in my opinion, and LIDL have a nice selection of German cakes and marzipans at good prices just for Christmas.

I love puddings, biscuits & cakes, however, I love being slim more so only eat them on very rare occasions. My mother in law was a wonderful cook & her Christmas puddings were gorgeous, I buy ours from Georgie Porgies & their Lemon & Pimms pud is almost as good as hers.
You're so right Twilight. We have to ask ourselves what is more important to us. But the Pimms Pud sounds nice, and we're allowed to munch on 'naughty' things a bit at Christmas, and then put a halt on it.

Organic cheese isn't cheap, and the price per kilo for that particular brand is probably the same as it would be if bought in a supermarket. Putting a cheeseboard together can be a costly business. In my experience of working on a cheese counter most people would spend that kind of money on a selection of cheeses and definitely not be happy to spend £6 for p&p. I've tried that cheese and it's a well made, tasty cheese but not so spectacular that one would say wow, this is amazing give me a kilo of the stuff. Again something for those for whom money is no object. Good supermarket counters will allow you to taste before you buy, even if it means opening a packet up to do that...There is no need to spend £30 on a lump of cheese, unless you're lazy, loaded or a mixture of the two!

I agree with you Boffy. The sales pitch is good, but when you get down to it, none of it is exotic Christmas fare. You can't beat Branston Pickle, in my opinion, and LIDL have a nice selection of German cakes and marzipans at good prices just for Christmas.
A very very disturbing thing happened to me last week. I bought some almond stollen pieces covered in dark chocolate from Lidl it was £2.50 a huge bag of this outrageously decadent feast. There was chunks of marzipan in it as well. I cannot go near where it is again because I am weak

Latest posts

Back