howard

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loubylou

PJ's bestie :)
is it me or is howard on a LOT at the moment i rarely watch IW anyway definetly turning off with him on semi permanent ugh!

He is on quite a lot recently and this is a bad move by Ideal World as the majority of people I know will switch channels when he appears on screen.The problem with Howard is that he is a compulsive liar constantly giving false stock updates like "I am just hearing that 20% of the stock is gone,sorry that is 25%,now it's 30% of the stock gone"........:angry:
He uses the exact same technique when notifying the public of phone queues "I have just been told we have 10 second queues on the phones,now it's 20 second queues,sorry it is now thirty second queues on the phones"........:angry:
How does he get away with telling so many lies,totally misleading the buying public ?
I mean if you are going to lie and deceive people you should at least try and make it look convincing,whereas Howard just blatantly tells constant porkies all of the time.
I watched his presentation of the Reconditioned HP laptop with Janice who unbelievably was wearing a creme coloured top instead of the usual black effort this afternoon and his presentation was pathetic constantly repeating false stock and phone queue updates,I couldn't watch it all as it was just too much for me to take in one sitting.
Ideal World need to have a word with Howard about his approach to presenting products as it puts people off...........:wait:

gotI was watching a pick of the day show on saturday for the memory foam matress, and howaed was there making the poor guest do role plays, he was saying to her things like, well imagine i was called rob, who had a leaky bladder, and a dodgy hip after a night out, and u are margeret my wife, and he was saying to her, ooh could u feel me getting into bed margaret, names may have been different he used but u now where im coming from. Then he said, right this time, ill be robert, and u be mary, and lets say, uve just come in after having a few drinks, u also have a dodgy bladder, and uve got heels on, and how u could get into bed and i wouldnt no cause of memory foam.

He is on quite a lot recently and this is a bad move by Ideal World as the majority of people I know will switch channels when he appears on screen.The problem with Howard is that he is a compulsive liar constantly giving false stock updates like "I am just hearing that 20% of the stock is gone,sorry that is 25%,now it's 30% of the stock gone"........:angry:
He uses the exact same technique when notifying the public of phone queues "I have just been told we have 10 second queues on the phones,now it's 20 second queues,sorry it is now thirty second queues on the phones"........:angry:
How does he get away with telling so many lies,totally misleading the buying public ?
I mean if you are going to lie and deceive people you should at least try and make it look convincing,whereas Howard just blatantly tells constant porkies all of the time.
I watched his presentation of the Reconditioned HP laptop with Janice who unbelievably was wearing a creme coloured top instead of the usual black effort this afternoon and his presentation was pathetic constantly repeating false stock and phone queue updates,I couldn't watch it all as it was just too much for me to take in one sitting.
Ideal World need to have a word with Howard about his approach to presenting products as it puts people off...........:wait:

Couldn't agree more. He drives my OH mad so as soon as he comes on now we switch over. It makes me laugh as soon as he comes on air trying to convince eveyone that the stock will sell out and the stuff is still being sold at 8pm the next day. Personally I think his selling tatics are probably one of the worst on shopping telly, he would do better to ditch the constant queue & sell out reminders and concentrate on just selling the products. I think he lacks any selling technique but I wonder if that's because he doesn't do any product research or he is just hopeless.

I just don't like his style at all, total rubbish - so I vote with my remote!

Inge :eek:)

I think he's boring: the guy has hidden shallows!

I agree with Horatio: it's all hard sell with little or no product prep.

As soon as his smug mug appears on screen, I switch channels.

gotI was watching a pick of the day show on saturday for the memory foam matress, and howaed was there making the poor guest do role plays, he was saying to her things like, well imagine i was called rob, who had a leaky bladder, and a dodgy hip after a night out, and u are margeret my wife, and he was saying to her, ooh could u feel me getting into bed margaret, names may have been different he used but u now where im coming from. Then he said, right this time, ill be robert, and u be mary, and lets say, uve just come in after having a few drinks, u also have a dodgy bladder, and uve got heels on, and how u could get into bed and i wouldnt no cause of memory foam.

Lol this had my partner and I in stitches. (Especially when he was going on about his drawstring). When he was doing it with Sue Southall a few weeks back, it was enough to make us buy the 'Bellisimo' Comfort & Dreams!

It was a brilliant buy, we have never slept so well. :rock:

Latest posts

Back