How's this for putting QVC's beauty prices in perpective?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Aldi rocks! Do my food shopping there when I am skint and even when I am not so skint. Have had some right bargains, am lucky to have one 5 mins from my house. Have not tried this product but have had their cleanser, body wash and cleansing wipes. All good products and all under £4 if I recall correctly. The body wash is lovely, got macadamia oil in it and smells lovely

I don't think AY would have that on her show...it's much too cheap :mysmilie_11:

:mysmilie_82: That looks pretty cool! I have never been to Aldi but have used their store locator to find the nearest one to me and I'm going to give this a go! I can't afford botox any more so this looks almost as good!!

But does Cheryl Cole use it?

Ashley has just been fined £1000 for speeding (doing over 100 mph in a 50 zone) and they asked for 21 days to pay the fine, so I suppose we might see her in Aldi yet.

But does Cheryl Cole use it?

Ashley has just been fined £1000 for speeding (doing over 100 mph in a 50 zone) and they asked for 21 days to pay the fine, so I suppose we might see her in Aldi yet.

I'll look out in Cosmo to see - that's where she made the E45 confession ;)

If she isn't, I'm sure Janette Krankie will be:mysmilie_696:. Failing that, Su Pollard, Mo from the RolyPolys and the Shake and Vac lady are in need of work and ready to be quoted ad infinitum next time AY is on air...:mysmilie_701:

I am not sure I fancy some snake venom on my face to be honest.
Blimey, we'll all be off to see the local witch doctor next!

One can find even cheaper stuff at market stalls. So what? Lindl stock all sorts with dodgy names and wouldn't dare to think of the source.

I tested this product for the Beauty Bible last year and gave it a favourable review. I did get tired of the "delivery system" to coin an AY phrase, and in the end just squirted it on to my finger-tips and slapped it on my "facial area". At £6.99 you wouldn't have to be too precious with the product.

Jude xx

I am not sure I fancy some snake venom on my face to be honest.
Blimey, we'll all be off to see the local witch doctor next!

According to the blurb it's a synthetic substance that mimics the effect of the snake venom and "freezes" the muscle. That sounds to me like the same sort of thing that Botox does.

Nothing applied topically to the face, even botox, can do anything at all to the facial muscles, so it is, therefore, not possible to 'freeze' them. In order to have an effect upon the muscles, the substance has to be injected. If you put botox straight onto the skin instead of into it, it would have no effect whatsoever. Any cream which gives the effect of getting rid of a wrinkle is merely smoothing some kind of silicone into the line itself and is completely cosmetic in its action.

Nothing applied topically to the face, even botox, can do anything at all to the facial muscles, so it is, therefore, not possible to 'freeze' them. In order to have an effect upon the muscles, the substance has to be injected. If you put botox straight onto the skin instead of into it, it would have no effect whatsoever. Any cream which gives the effect of getting rid of a wrinkle is merely smoothing some kind of silicone into the line itself and is completely cosmetic in its action.

Wow, thanks Professor :mysmilie_17::mysmilie_12:

This oil free, anti-ageing cream called Wrinkle Stop contains a key active ingredient - Syn-Ake. Syn-Ake is a synthetic substance which mimics the effect of a protein found in the venom of the Temple Viper Snake. Amino acids found in the venom block nerve signals telling muscles to contract, which helps to stop wrinkles forming as well as smoothing out the skin, producing a wrinkle free appearance. It has been proven to help reduce forehead wrinkles by 53% and crow's feet by 24% after 28 days.

That's the blurb from the lin originally posted. On reading it more closely maybe it doesn't actually claim that the amino acids block the nerve signal but I'm sure that's how they want us to interpret the description.

so because something is a reasonable price & comes from Lidl, it goes without saying it's rubbish &, could even be dangerous - is that what you're saying??

Yep, exactly that (but for the 'reasonable price' part).

Latest posts

Back