Hydrahose- any good?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

primrose1

Registered Shopper
Does anyone have any thoughts on the TSV please? I seem to remember that the automatic one wasn't much use but is the hose itself worth it?

I suspect that they had planned this for today assuming it would be hot weather!

Want to know the same thing Primrose :cheeky: I keep putting it in my basket then removing it! I am sure there were bad reports from a similar item, but this one seems so cheap might be worth a gamble :tongue2:

daydreamer

I had one of these, but was very dissapointed with it. It was very hard to wind in when full of water and the hose did split. This may be an upgrade to the one I had, but I will not be buying one.

Had something similar many years ago.

Difficult to rewind with water still being in the hose after I had finished hosing
(have they demonstrated winding 1 up after they have finished hosing, as opposed to rewinding 1 that has not had water in).

The one I had was difficult to attach to the tap.

Bought the automatic one when it was a TSV years ago and then subsequently bought the extension. Hose is a pain to empty of water, we ended up just using a normal Hoselock reel.

Last year the original hose, whilst being used, got really fat like a really big sausage on a length of about 8 inches and then split. couldn't find a way to cut that bit off so ended up binning the hose so now just left with one which we no longer use. Went back to bog standard hose. Not worth it in my opinion.

Thanks for replies..am glad I held off ordering :hi: might as well add the ££ to a hozelock one!

daydreamer

I had a look at this online this morning and was tempted to buy it as OH needs a new one, Im glad I had a look on here first,

thanks ladies xx

When I watched the show, they did not try to roll it up after being used??

They did suggest that you can leave it out unrolled after use!

Rats RATS rats! Saw it on the web site first thing this am - have been after reel hose for ages. Keep forgetting to buy and I ordered brfore I went to work. The size of it /price/p and p means it won't even be worth sending back.

Rats RATS rats! Saw it on the web site first thing this am - have been after reel hose for ages. Keep forgetting to buy and I ordered brfore I went to work. The size of it /price/p and p means it won't even be worth sending back.

Well hopefully it will be the new improved version and then we will be kicking ourselves! Or maybe you could get it collected?

I also bought the automatic rewind one years ago and it's one of my better buys :flower:

I think there was a minor problem at the time with the size of the hose - being American it was slightly larger diameter and UK water pressure wasn't quite high enough (QVC did mention this on the showings but I can't remember the full details now). Sometimes you need to hold the hand sprayer at an angle so that the hose doesn't kink at the end - bit difficult to explain. Don't know if that is still the case. Works okay with auto sprayers.

I bought an ordinary Hozelock adaptor to fit our outside tap and I just turn the water off and leave the sprayer nozzle open so that when it rewinds, any water comes out (into a watering can). I've only ever had to recharge the battery a couple of times and it's left out all year round and still works fine.

Main benefits are that it is very light and easy to handle (and auto rewind on mine).

Can you cancel your order, I always thought that there was that option for about 12 hours any way.

If you keep it then watch it does get caught around roses etc, I have one and it does puncture quite easily.

Latest posts

Back