I am confused

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can't understand why the scientists developing the vaccine weren't taken seriously as it was pretty obvious that something like this was going to happen somewhere along the line.

I read an article yesterday stating the WHO is getting ready to make a statement that Covid came from the 'wildlife farms' that breed pangolins, bamboo rats and several other wild species specifically to take to the wet markets. They've found it's come from bats originally and has jumped due to the conditions these wild animals are being kept in.

A no-brainer (if true). According to the article, the Chinese government issued instructions to the farmers last February on how to destroy and burn the farmed animals to prevent further outbreaks. Stable door and bolted springs to mind... unless it's a cover-up.

I read another article last year about how the poorer farmers were turning to wildlife farming for these wet markets as the animals, particularly bamboo rats, are so easy to breed and produce more profit and quick turnovers.

There's little education for the poorer people in these countries (I believe their governments like to keep their people this way - knowledge is power and lack of it keeps them under the thumb) and their traditions are very hard to break, especially in the older generations. I'm actually surprised foot-binding was brought to a halt. While we still have men that believe their virility/long-life/luck is linked to eating the body parts of wild animals we're fighting a losing battle and need to be prepared for more outbreaks like this.
Wet markets are abhorrent. Everything that's going wrong on the planet is due to the arrogance of humans. Covid-19 will look like a sniffle when the big one hits & humans may well get wiped out. I just hope that all the nuclear stuff will be switched off before the last one of us keels over & then this beautiful little green planet will be able to keep on turning.

I know someone who worked at the Elemis salon in London she went to. Not a nice person off-screen, the classic Don't You Know Who I am syndrome.
Our older daughter worked for a children's charity when HW was an ambassador; she's totally odious person who married the right man, career-wise.

I don’t fancy the Russian vaccine
I don't think we will get the chance to have it or refuse it, tbh.
It has been peer reviewed and published in The Lancet. It works in a similar way to the Oxford Astra-Zeneca but with 2 key differences: the adeno-virus used is different. Doses 1 and 2 use different adeno-viruses.
I read that they were preparing to do a study using Oxford Astra-Zeneca for one jab and Sputnik V for the other. Not sure if it is happening though.
At least one of the Chinese vaccines is using inactivated covid. Now that one I would probably hesitate over...although a whole virus vaccine may be able to deal with more variation than the Russian and Western ones which target the spike protein.

Our older daughter worked for a children's charity when HW was an ambassador; she's totally odious person who married the right man, career-wise.
Sadly, rising to the top in showbiz seems to be a combination of who you know, and how low can you go...maybe with a little luck thrown in! Just my opinion.

Back to Fibby, in her latest blog she's written that she saw her son & his family (bubble) on Mothering Sunday & the following makes me certain that she reads the comments on here:

'Plus, I managed to see my Mum, who lives next door! This is a picture from a while ago, and we had a nice catch-up over the balcony this week. She wanted some more fish oil for her Mother’s Day pressie from me! I got lots of compliments about my mum from this picture, as you can imagine. 🙂'

Back to Fibby, in her latest blog she's written that she saw her son & his family (bubble) on Mothering Sunday & the following makes me certain that she reads the comments on here:

'Plus, I managed to see my Mum, who lives next door! This is a picture from a while ago, and we had a nice catch-up over the balcony this week. She wanted some more fish oil for her Mother’s Day pressie from me! I got lots of compliments about my mum from this picture, as you can imagine. 🙂'
I look at the 'Members Online' box on the right of the screen, there are a few names there that I haven't seen post in any of the forums.

It's entirely possible that I have missed them but I wondered if maybe they are TV shopping channels staff and presenters.

I have taken a look at that. There is a photograph of her son trying on her Gatineau Gommage with a number of her various QVC samples in the background. They can all play around with all these samples because they haven’t had to pay for them but that’s ok because this practice ensures that I haven’t been tempted to buy them. QVC must realise we have other buying options.
I might have misunderstood this but didn’t they say that their blogs would be posted every 2 weeks? If that’s the case why is Debbie Flint still posting every week. Regular as clockwork you can be sure of her closeup photograph appearing every Friday, ensuring it stays up longer because not many are posted over the weekend. She has everything worked out.

Do Q do fish oil?

I had a big argument with Superdrug some years ago, and I also involved Trading Standards.

I had bought some of their own brand COD LIVER OIL capsules. When I got home and looked at the ingredients (which needed a magnifying glass) I discovered that they contained only a small percentage of cod liver oil, the rest being fish oil.

Not knowing what fish oil was, I imagined it was what you got by squashing fish in a press, like you get apple juice out of apples. But whatever it was, I imagined that it was much cheaper than cod liver oil, and I felt that the labelling was completely misleading and I had been conned.

Yes we are in England. We went on the website but couldn't book a second appointment,it said we had to wait to be contacted.
I was wondering if you had any luck booking your second vaccine. We still can’t book ours and we had our first one at the end of January. More concerning the website and 119 only books AstraZeneca and a family member can’t use that system to book because their first vaccine was the Pfizer one. They have been told to wait to be called.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back