I am fuming

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

gemcherub

Registered Shopper
I can not remember the last time i bought from or even watched gems tv it must be over 18 months!
So I started to have a little watch just before Christmas and quite liked the look of the colour change sapphire, so I took the plunge and ordered 2 rings but I ordered 2 of the same design I prefered to pick the best one, so 3 rings total, when the order arrived last Friday there were only 2 rings and next to 1 ring on the invoice it said REFUNDED! I called CS and was told a stone had fell out so they had refunded the item.
So today still no refund so I emailed only to be told it was never actioned.
I am fuming that a) I was even charged for a ring they never sent out surely they should have been picked/looked at them before my card was charged, don't they say we do not charge your card until your items are dispatched? and b) they have held onto my money for a week which I would have never had back unless I called!
Rant over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I would send an email to John Bennett explaining what has happened - he seems expert at sorting out IT problems and this is presumably what has happened in this case.

I can not remember the last time i bought from or even watched gems tv it must be over 18 months!
So I started to have a little watch just before Christmas and quite liked the look of the colour change sapphire, so I took the plunge and ordered 2 rings but I ordered 2 of the same design I prefered to pick the best one, so 3 rings total, when the order arrived last Friday there were only 2 rings and next to 1 ring on the invoice it said REFUNDED! I called CS and was told a stone had fell out so they had refunded the item.
I am fuming that a) I was even charged for a ring they never sent out surely they should have been picked/looked at them before my card was charged, don't they say we do not charge your card until your items are dispatched? and b) they have held onto my money for a week which I would have never had back unless I called!
Rant over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you have every right to be annoyed and it brings doubt to the claim that they don't charge until it has been shipped out. I would email John and ask for compensation for breaking their own clearly set out rules that are rammed down our throats all the time.

PJ xx

I think you have every right to be annoyed and it brings doubt to the claim that they don't charge until it has been shipped out. I would email John and ask for compensation for breaking their own clearly set out rules that are rammed down our throats all the time.

PJ xx

Thanks I was starting to think maybe I was being to hothead (as usual) lol

I'm not sure (and you need to check this) but BEFORE the order goes for picking, the card is charged so that if your card fails they don't bother with picking. So I bet your 3 rings were charged then at the picking stage they realised the problem. When you think about it, the order they do it makes sense and would be problematic to do it any other way.

Hope that helps GC. BTW what are the 2 rings like??????

I'm not sure (and you need to check this) but BEFORE the order goes for picking, the card is charged so that if your card fails they don't bother with picking. So I bet your 3 rings were charged then at the picking stage they realised the problem. When you think about it, the order they do it makes sense and would be problematic to do it any other way.

Hope that helps GC. BTW what are the 2 rings like??????
One was a very windowed washed out pale green that turns to a washed out pale pink and the other is a browny purple during the day then around 3pm onwards (until daylight goes) its a deep green and in incandescent light it is a bright burgundy/red I was so impressed I have another 3 designs on the way to choose from lol

Oh how disappointing, better luck with your next order GC. I love sapphires and years ago when Gems were selling lots of colour change sapphires I bought two small heart pendants studded with them and had them converted into dangly earrings and they are really do show many different shades of colours depending on the light source.

Don't give up GC. Finding good CC sapphires (where you like both colourways) is always a challenge.

I don't know if you guys remember but years ago the CC sapphires were very cheap and they were phenomenal quality (I can remember your earrings Sue, I have a vague recollection that you've posted photos but I could be wrong). I got 2 bracelets full of them and the carat weight was something really impressive. I've always treasured them and I bet nowadays they'd sell for an absolute fortune because the colour change was so good.

BTW have you been tempted by the Luc Yen spinels? Saw one this morning and was very impressed. Some of the most phenomenal blue spinels have come from there (and if you know the colour of Hauyne that's the colour). They are MEGA expensive and in very very very short supply!

Last edited:
You're not going to believe this! I didn't see it on air but just missed this one this morning and there was one left so I nabbed it! It went to £139 is that a good price? The diamonds in the picture look pants but I was buying it for the spinel!

Great minds eh?

I paid £139 and think today was only the 2nd time on air. Yes the diamonds are pants but they are so small they don't ruin the ring, my spinel is just slightly paler than the photo but a lovely sort of lavender purple colour, totaly flawless (with a loupe) and a wonderful cut.

Rant over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve is on now waxing lyrical how he hates companies that charge before they send out. He should take a look at this thread.

PJ

Latest posts

Back