I am so tired of all the junk...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Such dramatics with Angeline banging on and on about a silver chain that shouldn't be in the avalanche today, its incredible, its absolute lunacy, we swapped it with another chain in error etc, etc. Good lord woman, move on. I suppose I could always put Food Network on lol!

I have the Amazonite show with Toby Cavill on in the background which started at 12pm. It’s now 12.19 and I haven’t seen a piece of jewellery yet. Absolutely ridiculous
I gave up at 12.15, when I checked the items out online. Every piece was fissure filled. I know it is marked as (F) on the screen, when they eventually get round to showing them, but there’s ample time to mention this on air. There’s certainly enough time to draw comparisons with Paloma Picasso designs 🤣🤣🤣🤗

Did anyone else see Ruth Linnett selling children's sweets on Gemporia Lifestyle? I mean, my local news agent sells sweets just like that. Who would buy them from a shopping channel, having to pay postage and wait like a week or so? And on the one hand they sell supplements to make you supposedly thinner and healthier and one the other hand they offer you 1kg of highly unhealthy sweets. Also, apparently Lifestyle will also be selling a blender dubbed slender blender! Are they having an identity crisis?

You hardly ever see any gems now. I switch on, and see a lot of tat, and switch off immediately.

Then when there is a rare gem hour, it is mostly diamonds, and droning from a male presenter for the best part of half an hour.

Did anyone else see Ruth Linnett selling children's sweets on Gemporia Lifestyle? I mean, my local news agent sells sweets just like that. Who would buy them from a shopping channel, having to pay postage and wait like a week or so? And on the one hand they sell supplements to make you supposedly thinner and healthier and one the other hand they offer you 1kg of highly unhealthy sweets. Also, apparently Lifestyle will also be selling a blender dubbed slender blender! Are they having an identity crisis?
This! They truly have lost their way and made their brand a laughing stock.
I feel so sorry for the decent presenters having to peddle this stuff. The likes of Ruth & Rosie joined an interesting jewellery channel back in the day, and are now stuck flogging market stall clothes and cheap sweets. They must be so demoralised.
No wonder Drew appears to have jumped ship and Jeff and the (IMO, brilliant) Derek, tuck themselves away in the early hours!

I don't think this new business model is being the success they try to portray. Today they were giving free plants to anyone who bought their sunglasses. That certainly doesn't bode well... It suggests to me that neither plants nor sunglasses are being particularly successful in flying out the door as they say.

I had Gemporia in the background this morning while I worked and I saw Jake Thompson around 10am trying to sell Sunset Argyle Diamonds, whatever that is. I switched off because I had to take my daughter to an appointment and I have just switched on again, to have it in the background while I bake a treat for my daughter. It's 2.20pm and Jake Thompson is at it again, trying to flog the sunset diamonds. It's the first time I see them having the same showcase twice in the same day, with only a few hours apart.

I had Gemporia in the background this morning while I worked and I saw Jake Thompson around 10am trying to sell Sunset Argyle Diamonds, whatever that is. I switched off because I had to take my daughter to an appointment and I have just switched on again, to have it in the background while I bake a treat for my daughter. It's 2.20pm and Jake Thompson is at it again, trying to flog the sunset diamonds. It's the first time I see them having the same showcase twice in the same day, with only a few hours apart.
I saw that this afternoon, Jake droning on again, and the presenterer asking questions as if she didn't know the answer to them. I just wish they would get on with selling, and not spend an age boring on and on.

Well, you could be in luck and see Jake three times in one day!! He’s back on at 8.00 pm with a carving of the Queen. Can’t wait.

Well, you could be in luck and see Jake three times in one day!! He’s back on at 8.00 pm with a carving of the Queen. Can’t wait.
What absolute guff. How can they waste so much time without selling anything?
So earnest in how he presents and Adina just hanging on every word.
Dispelling a myth - its not going to be £1000.
And the quotation from 'the art critic' total exploitation!

I didn't see the carving, but I was shocked with the jubilee ruby ring they sold yesterday morning. Jess sang its praises and described it as "finest".... And it was fissure filled! No mention of that during her exalting speech!

Gemporia is currently suffering from a severe lack of imagination! As I write this, both Gemporia and Gemporia Lifestyle are presenting Tanzanite showcases! If you like Tanzanite, you are in for a treat... And a headache switching frantically from one channel to the other to see which offers the better deals!

Does anyone think the pearl sunglasses aren't selling very well? I have seen them on so many times and today, here they are again! I've bought sunglasses from them in the past, but they were black spinel ones and £19.99. These are £39.99 and really not worth double the price. I really liked my black spinel sunglasses, but they didn't last very long - the arm fell off :(

Does anyone think the pearl sunglasses aren't selling very well? I have seen them on so many times and today, here they are again! I've bought sunglasses from them in the past, but they were black spinel ones and £19.99. These are £39.99 and really not worth double the price. I really liked my black spinel sunglasses, but they didn't last very long - the arm fell off :(
I wait until they reduce them. Got mine on a fab deal last year. They are a lovely shape. So far mine have been ok. Lovely sturdy case, a soft one and the cloth. Nicely presented.

I just remembered a gripe that I wanted to share and this thread is as good as any other. Quite recently Troth was with Adina and was droning on about how things changed in the gemstone world due to covid and how Gemporia is in a unique position to help Hatton Garden. So he had had meetings with various Hatton Garden jewellers to see if they could help. Of course to do anything would need quantity but the stars clearly aligned when a long standing family jeweller had sufficient stock of a gold bracelet with Siam (Thai) gems, stonew which are now unavailable, mines now closed, xx years of stock, blah blah blah. Video from the Hatton Garden jeweller of the story, blah blah blah. Adina of course hanging on every word, gasps and mouth wide open. Essentially nothing that we are not used to, but it was the graphics that got me. After all this guff the graphics described it as the Siam Gemstone Bracelet (or words to that effect) but then it was further described as from the 'Jacque Christie Collection'!!! They must really believe their own hype!

They are milking the jubilee much better than TJC, for instance. They are making a huge selling point of the fact that their jubilee jewellery has the new mark that the Assay Office has been applying to jewellery to commemorate the Platinum Jubilee... That and the pieces inspired by the royal jewellery collection were smart moves. I would like to be a fly on the wall to know how well their sales are doing as a result

TJC have gone right down the pan with their new ripoff delivery charges. Buy three chains on a "multibuy" and it will cost you £7.99. They've lost my custom.

Latest posts

Back