I am thinking of changing my user name to Love A'kin 2

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveheart

Registered Shopper
I have been shopping with QVC for quite a few years now and I have tried many different beauty brands including, in no particular order of preference, Alpha h, Elemis, Freeze 24/7, Gatineau, Judith Williams, Liz Earle, Philosophy, Prescriptives, and a few others. I have just received my A'kin starter kit and have been using it for 2 days and I love it. A friend gave me the spray mist thing and I loved the smell so I thought I would try the range. So far there have been no breakouts and my skin feels soft and smooth. I think I will be sticking with this make now as it is very reasonably priced. Have other members changed brands as often as me?

(I'm not really going to change my username. There can only be one LoveA'kin).

Please don't coz the thanks button will explode!,lol:)
Glad you are enjoying and getting nice results from A'kin.I havn't gotten around to trying this brand yet.I've dipped my toe in a fair few brands over the years.But now I just rotate between Elemis,Decleor and Liz Earle.Will maybe try A'kin next year when my stocks have dwindled.

I think that's the problem with QVC -too much choice. I've been throught the ranges as well, some with more success than others, although funnily enough, A'kin was one of the ones which did nothing for my skin. It didn't do anything wrong, it just didnt do anything at all!!

I tend to slot in a bit of this and a bit of that rather than a full range but always do back to decleor which i have been using for over 15 years now. My latest is Alpha H which i have been using for a few day only, but so far im happy with the results.

There can be only 1 Love A'Kin (bit Highlander there!!)

I am so on board with this! I have tried SO many ranges, and most were not really suited to me...problem is when Alison Young would say "don't buy this unless..." and give a list of reasons, I would convince myself I needed to try it...and don't even get me on to tsv's!

But, since trying the A'kin range, I have fallen in love with it. I have not seen any demos, so I am curious about the difference between the two oils and the two cleansers. But, so far I have found scarring has definitely improved and my skin does seem to be more vibrant. And I have used rosehip oil for a long long time (started when I used to get it from a mail order company about 15 years ago!!!) but I have never seen an improvement like this.

I am thinking I may not order from QVC again though as I found this website and the pricing is about the same as QVC but with only one delivery charge and you can mix and match different bits, rather than have a set:

http://www.essentialslondon.com/cat_name/akin.aspx

HTH!

I don't buy that much of the skin care ranges on QVC but I used to chop and change fairly regularly buying at Boots/JL/Debenhams as I got fed up after a while (and the miracle never happened). I often used to think it dependened on how my day/week was going and if it was carp, I'd be in looking for the next best thing in skin care/make up. The brilliant thing about QVC is that it opens up a whole range of great stuff not easily obtainable in the High St. ST forum has been great for finding web addresses with similar products but at reduced price/postage!

I have been shopping with QVC for quite a few years now and I have tried many different beauty brands including, in no particular order of preference, Alpha h, Elemis, Freeze 24/7, Gatineau, Judith Williams, Liz Earle, Philosophy, Prescriptives, and a few others. I have just received my A'kin starter kit and have been using it for 2 days and I love it. A friend gave me the spray mist thing and I loved the smell so I thought I would try the range. So far there have been no breakouts and my skin feels soft and smooth. I think I will be sticking with this make now as it is very reasonably priced. Have other members changed brands as often as me?

(I'm not really going to change my username. There can only be one LoveA'kin).

I am loving you loving the A'kin Loveheart!

:clapping::flower: :sun: :heart: :sun: :flower: :clapping:

I have bought Liz Earle, Karin Herzog, Decleor, Elemis, Gatineau, Philosophy and Alpha H skincare regimes from QVC in the past plus I have cherry picked items from other ranges to slot in.

None of them made me as happy as happy as the A'kin products I'm using now and can't wait until I've used everything else up and go "All A'kin all the time"!

I just love it! I'm happy with the integrity of the ingredients, I find all of the formulas (so far) a pleasure to use, and my skin has never been happier. (The spray thingie is my favourite after the cleanser probably.)

Woooooo! Welcome to the A'kin Fanclub honey! I couldn't be happier! Yay!

(Oops, sorry - a bit of over excited exclamation mark overload there!)

I am so on board with this! I have tried SO many ranges, and most were not really suited to me...problem is when Alison Young would say "don't buy this unless..." and give a list of reasons, I would convince myself I needed to try it...and don't even get me on to tsv's!

But, since trying the A'kin range, I have fallen in love with it. I have not seen any demos, so I am curious about the difference between the two oils and the two cleansers. But, so far I have found scarring has definitely improved and my skin does seem to be more vibrant. And I have used rosehip oil for a long long time (started when I used to get it from a mail order company about 15 years ago!!!) but I have never seen an improvement like this.

I am thinking I may not order from QVC again though as I found this website and the pricing is about the same as QVC but with only one delivery charge and you can mix and match different bits, rather than have a set:

http://www.essentialslondon.com/cat_name/akin.aspx

HTH!

Fab website honey! I've added it to my faves. :up2: :sun:

I am so happy that you love A'kin too. I'm still trying things out myself to see what works best. My skin is combination, but it loves loves loves the Rose & Geranium Creamy Cleanser which is recommended for sensitive and dry skins. The other sandalwood one is a gel type cleanser for oily skin but I haven't tried it yet.

I have a rosehip oil and radiance serum duo on waitlist at a fab low price but who knows if I'll ever get it!

Both the sprays are fab. I really enjoy using them even though I think the Cellular Brightening one might be better for my skin than the Rose - maybe. (Love them both though!)

I am really enjoying the A'kin love on here today! :sun: :up2:

Please don't coz the thanks button will explode!,lol:)Glad you are enjoying and getting nice results from A'kin.I havn't gotten around to trying this brand yet.I've dipped my toe in a fair few brands over the years.But now I just rotate between Elemis,Decleor and Liz Earle.Will maybe try A'kin next year when my stocks have dwindled.

Yeah and the Smilies get worn out too! :grin: :D :giggle: :tongue2:

Definitely put A'kin on the list to try when You've worked through some of your stash. It's good for you! :D And it contains all the natural loveliness you enjoy in LE, Elemis and Decleor - but without the nasties.

*here ends an unpaid presentation on behalf of the A'kin company* :giggle:

I think that's the problem with QVC -too much choice. I've been throught the ranges as well, some with more success than others, although funnily enough, A'kin was one of the ones which did nothing for my skin. It didn't do anything wrong, it just didnt do anything at all!!

I tend to slot in a bit of this and a bit of that rather than a full range but always do back to decleor which i have been using for over 15 years now. My latest is Alpha H which i have been using for a few day only, but so far im happy with the results.

There can be only 1 Love A'Kin (bit Highlander there!!)

Oh what a shame A'kin didn't do it for you. :( I felt that way about Decleor funnily enough! :giggle: I used it for about two years though and kept willing it to make me beautiful! Hubby said I smelled different when I stopped using it though! (bless him!:D)

I never felt that Gatineau did much for me either - but that didn't stop me buying it over and over again all the way from Strategie Jeunesse, through Laser to Defilift and Melatogenine! (I'm a slow learner!)

I am sometimes a "cherry picker", but mostly I've been a "buy a whole regime and use it all together" type thinking that I would get better results that way.

I got definite, noticeable visible results with the Alpha H range though so keep at it chick! I think that range can really do stuff - so long as you're not sensitive to the active ingredients.

I don't buy that much of the skin care ranges on QVC but I used to chop and change fairly regularly buying at Boots/JL/Debenhams as I got fed up after a while (and the miracle never happened). I often used to think it dependened on how my day/week was going and if it was carp, I'd be in looking for the next best thing in skin care/make up. The brilliant thing about QVC is that it opens up a whole range of great stuff not easily obtainable in the High St. ST forum has been great for finding web addresses with similar products but at reduced price/postage!

Oh yes! The QVC beauty department must have a massive influence pn the skincare brands of the nation really Musn't they?

Being able to try things like makeup and skincare out at home and return it if it didn't suit was a revolutionary concept when they came out with it - and it still is - in this country at least.

I would not have been half as experimental if I didn't have the 30 day money back guarantee to fall back on.

Before QVC I would have been at the mercy of the scarily over made up sales people in the beauty halls of department stores. :eek:

Last edited:
Yeah and the Smilies get worn out too! :grin: :D :giggle: :tongue2:

Definitely put A'kin on the list to try when You've worked through some of your stash. It's good for you! :D And it contains all the natural loveliness you enjoy in LE, Elemis and Decleor - but without the nasties.

*here ends an unpaid presentation on behalf of the A'kin company* :giggle:

You have sold me! I probably won't be able to wait to next year now...I feel myself making a purchase sometime next month,watch this space,i'll let you know how I get on.:)

I am loving you loving the A'kin Loveheart!

:clapping::flower: :sun: :heart: :sun: :flower: :clapping:

I have bought Liz Earle, Karin Herzog, Decleor, Elemis, Gatineau, Philosophy and Alpha H skincare regimes from QVC in the past plus I have cherry picked items from other ranges to slot in.

None of them made me as happy as happy as the A'kin products I'm using now and can't wait until I've used everything else up and go "All A'kin all the time"!

I just love it! I'm happy with the integrity of the ingredients, I find all of the formulas (so far) a pleasure to use, and my skin has never been happier. (The spray thingie is my favourite after the cleanser probably.)

Woooooo! Welcome to the A'kin Fanclub honey! I couldn't be happier! Yay!

(Oops, sorry - a bit of over excited exclamation mark overload there!)

Well, I should be Love A'kin 3 then ;) as I'm another convert to the range. I love all the products I've tried, they really suit my skin and hair, and their moisturiser is the best I've ever used. I've recently started using Rosehip Oil too, not an A'kin one unfortunately, but will buy theirs next time. But their Colour Care shampoo and conditioner is beautiful as is their JoJo and Corn Face Scrub. Totally brilliant, free of any nasties and a real pleasure to use!

Yay! We're a proper little gang now aren't we?

Who's going to be first to ring in next time A'kin's on air? :D

A'kin products

I too have tried many ranges and I have to say that A'kin is ne that I come back to.I go between Elemis bliss capsules which I am using all the time at the moment as it has made a great difference to my skin.When I run out I use A'kin rosehip oil and their creamy rose cleanser which is marvellous.As someone who suffers from psoriasis on my forehead and the side of my nose I have to be very careful what I use.I tend to buy all my A'kin from their own website and my Elemis from that famous website E**y unles it is a Elemis kit from qvc.

I too have tried many ranges and I have to say that A'kin is ne that I come back to.I go between Elemis bliss capsules which I am using all the time at the moment as it has made a great difference to my skin.When I run out I use A'kin rosehip oil and their creamy rose cleanser which is marvellous.As someone who suffers from psoriasis on my forehead and the side of my nose I have to be very careful what I use.I tend to buy all my A'kin from their own website and my Elemis from that famous website E**y unles it is a Elemis kit from qvc.

It's nice to meet another fellow A'kin convert.

:hi: :happy::handshake: :sun: :handshake: :happy: :hi:

I've bought all my A'kin from QVC and "The Bay" (as I love to call it! :D) but I have two websites saved for price comparisons next time I need something. (My cellular radiance spray was alarmingly light when I used it last night!) :eek:

I've never tried Elemis Bliss capsules becasue it's very hit and miss with me whether an Elemis product will give me a reaction,and I got fed up with trying - but I might add them to my wish list and ear mark them to try out in the future since they don't upset your skin which also has challenges.

:flower:

Oooooooooooh you lot are tempting me!! Lol!!

Think I'm going to have to buy a set next month to see what all the fuss is about!!

: )

Another A'Kin fan here! I tried the Sarah Chapman range and am still trying to use it up. Went for the full sizes on "the Bay" and a set of fs stuff has lasted more than 5 months! Have to admit I wish it would hurry up and run out! Had a break for a month and used A'kin, I was concerned about what was in the SC, and found I really liked it and the price was so reasonable. I did try LE more than once and just didn't get on with it. I have oily skin and found that the A'kin creamy cleanser was ok and the day and night creams were ok as well. Also tried the moisturiser for oily skin and was was great under makeup. Can't wait to try more of the range, but in true F.A.R.T.ing tradition I am using up the SC and then I have some Purity to use up. That is, if I ever get to the bottom of the tubes of SC! :cheeky:

Latest posts

Back