I don't arf pick 'em!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks for listening folks! It’s so helpful to be able to talk about stuff on here . Literally just woken up with an epiphany- of course. The reason this has happened is that she now has a major drinking problem that she wouldn’t be able to hide during a weekend’s stay. That would explain the weird texts, the suggesting the stay, the avoidance of contact and most certainly the way she sounded on the phone. There’s groggy sounding and there’s pi$$ed - no two ways about it, she was the latter. She’s always been a heavy drinker and when I was speaking to her on Saturday night she asked what’s your favourite tipple these days and I said I am partial to a prosecco, to which she replied “I don’t care as long as it’s white, dry and cheap” 😞 I believe this is what has happened, from the few conversations we had I could see that she’s not enjoying life , in fact she had nothing positive to say. Anyway, moving on - back to sleep lol!

Thanks for listening folks! It’s so helpful to be able to talk about stuff on here . Literally just woken up with an epiphany- of course. The reason this has happened is that she now has a major drinking problem that she wouldn’t be able to hide during a weekend’s stay. That would explain the weird texts, the suggesting the stay, the avoidance of contact and most certainly the way she sounded on the phone. There’s groggy sounding and there’s pi$$ed - no two ways about it, she was the latter. She’s always been a heavy drinker and when I was speaking to her on Saturday night she asked what’s your favourite tipple these days and I said I am partial to a prosecco, to which she replied “I don’t care as long as it’s white, dry and cheap” 😞 I believe this is what has happened, from the few conversations we had I could see that she’s not enjoying life , in fact she had nothing positive to say. Anyway, moving on - back to sleep lol!
What a pity. A pop in for a coffee kind of visit would have been do-able but as you say a whole weekend, not so much.

What a pity. A pop in for a coffee kind of visit would have been do-able but as you say a whole weekend, not so much.
It's sadly just too far to go for that kind of visit, and would have to involve at least one over night stay, as it would be too much travelling involved for a daytrip. I would also have to pay out for accommodation so a really expensive cup of coffee really . I'd be ok with a direct train journey up to a couple of hours each way, but not one involving that degree of time and expense. I guess it's gonna have to be a phone call relationship if she wants to remain in touch. As I'm still pretty peeved after what's happened , I'll shall leave it up to her to call me if she wants to. If not, then so be it!

Sounds to me she was keen for you to visit until reality kicked in and it was a happening
she really didn’t want to deal with.

Just remain long distance mates if that is what you want, should she contact you.

Some people are friends from the past for good reason.

I am so sorry,I had a friend who I admired and respected, but in drink she was impossible, after several fruitless phone calls where she started drinking and became increasingly irrational, I wrote her a letter trying to be as loving as possible but also honest about the impact of her drinking and she more or less cut off contact.

Sounds to me she was keen for you to visit until reality kicked in and it was a happening
she really didn’t want to deal with.

Just remain long distance mates if that is what you want, should she contact you.

Some people are friends from the past for good reason.
I mean even had the trip gone ahead, long distance mates would be the only choice really because of the miles between us now, and the fact that she's older and suffering various ailments (pelvis aside) even arranging meet ups somewhere in the middle wouldn't be viable either. In reality it would have to be a once a year thing anyway at the most`. I'd have like to have seen her of course and would've liked to have visited Cardiff - but despite knowing all this I'm just upset to have be strung along and lied to. We only lost touch due to a combination of distance and laziness....a shame but true!

Sounds like you had a lucky escape... I do hope you will have a brilliant time with your husband!
We didn’t end up going anywhere due to the imminent train strikes, but had a fun packed weekend. Yesterday I managed to catch up with the friend who knows Pelvis woman’s sister. I admitted to her that I didn’t believe the story, and she gave me a knowing look and said that would make sense as when she spoke to the sister she didn’t seem to know about this broken pelvis. The first she heard of it was from reading the Facebook comment, so she phoned her and she was told I’m ok nothing broken, don’t worry, so clearly just a “plant” for me to see. My friend also told me that Gina’s sister is very worried about her as she’s really not well. Very sad as she was once a good friend. I wish her well but a closed chapter in my life now. If she needs to chat, then she knows where I am but I cannot take up any more of my time or energy I’m afraid 😞

.....and have received message to say she's out of hospital, bruised and battered but ok and a big smiley face! I'll give her a big smiley face lol! I just said good to hear take care.

Latest posts

Back