I just don't get it!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oops-a-daisy!

I've done it again!
I'm not really too miffed but ...

I bought a pink diamond heart pendant which arrived yesterday with a few other items. I decided I didn't care for it as a pendant, but could adapt it to make a lovely pair of earrings. I sent an email to CS asking if I could buy another one. The good news is that I can, but it'll cost me £120 over what I paid - eek!

What I don't understand is why there is such a difference in price when they are obviously happy to sell it on air for much less. They could have made 2 sales (£400), but as it is, will make none as I'll be sending it back (and the rest of my order probably)! With all the competition out there, you'd think they'd be happy for any custom, wouldn't you? Gems were so much more flexible back when Steve Ashton was around.

I have a huge order coming tomorrow and it's tarnished my enthusiasm a bit now, just when I was getting back into Gems again. :sad:

Please feel free to give me a good telling off if you think I'm expecting too much! :lolwave:

M xx

You've got a good point there, Ooops!

I can understand why channels sell at lower prices on air, since it pressurises the viewer into buying "now or never" - if you knew you could 'phone up and get it for the same price any time, you wouldn't be in such a hurry to buy and overall they would sell less.

It doesn't make sense, though, that the Personal Shopper and Shop prices are SO much higher than the on-air prices. I don't think they've got the balance right between on-air and off-air sales.

It seems barmy doesn't it but like a lot of larger companies run by faceless people,those at the sharp end are not given any flexibilty to take ownership of a situation!

My only advice would be is to keep on watching over the next few days and see if the item is auctioned again,chances are if stock is still available that it will be scheduled.If it doesn't appear you can send it back within the 10 days.

Hope it does appear again for you because pink diamond heart earrings sound delicious!!:)

Well .... I think Gems have cut off their nose to spite their face or some expression like that. :taphead:

Aww a pair of pink diamond heart earrings sound lovely too.

Is there any point in phoning CS to explain the situation and you might just speak to someone prepared to listen to reason? If not try and persuade yourself they might not have matched anyway.

Well .... I think Gems have cut off their nose to spite their face or some expression like that. :taphead:

Aww a pair of pink diamond heart earrings sound lovely too.

Is there any point in phoning CS to explain the situation and you might just speak to someone prepared to listen to reason? If not try and persuade yourself they might not have matched anyway.

I really don't think it's worth phoning Fluff as I think sweetpea is right in that the people in CS don't have the authority to take a bit of initiative. I'll keep a lookout just in case another appears. I could just wear one earring I suppose and start a new trend. :nod:

Ooops phone and speak to a manager. The CS peeps don't have the authority but a manager would. It's worth a shot. If not, mine is coming on Saturday and as we have similar taste then I may not like it as pendant either so if that's the case, you can have mine - I think we paid the same? £198???

M x

Ooops phone and speak to a manager. The CS peeps don't have the authority but a manager would. It's worth a shot. If not, mine is coming on Saturday and as we have similar taste then I may not like it as pendant either so if that's the case, you can have mine - I think we paid the same? £198???

M x

Or ... you can have mine if you fancy some earrings! :hug: I can always find something else to buy!:wink2: Yes I paid £198 as well.

Flippin' 'eck - or you could make a pair of earrings and share 'em! xxxxxxxx

Flippin' 'eck - or you could make a pair of earrings and share 'em! xxxxxxxx

That's a great idea Argey.:cool2: We could set up a company called 'Rent-My-Jewels.com'! We wouldn't have to buy any more bling, we could just pass it around!

I think its time for a "Steve" to come back again !, he helped, he listened, he made things happen !!!!.... COME BACK STEVE :sad:, I,m sure he would have been able to help.

I agree gems sometimes seems as if they are cutting their nose off to spite their face!
But as Meeshoo said if they don't have the authority i surpose there is not alot they can do!

Latest posts

Back