I love Julian

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LE lover

Registered Shopper
Just watching him now, and i don't even like craft shows.. Such a down to earth presenter with a great sense of humour

I wish he was on more often.

Yes hes one of my fave's as well.I do wish he would do more shows.

I remember him standing in for someone on a sale jewellery show some years back ~ and there was one caller that was literally throwing herself at him ~ "I'm petite,brown hair,would love you to come round,look good for my age...." I'll never forget it....he laughed the whole rest of the show!!

I like him. He is the only male on qvc as far as Im concerned, all others are girly men. so its nice to have his opinion, aside from Dale who is also male! Has he mentioned his dear old granny yet today??

my fav too - he actually asked questions about the product if there's a guset - like does it have to be dry cleaned? always makes me smile cos it always makes the guest bristle a bit. they always try and gloss over it and say something ridiculous like you don't need to wash it much.

um, that would be guest...not guset...i don't think he actually asks if things have a gusset ;)

I think he does his best under difficult circumstances. He takes the down to earth northern boy approach and therefore appeals to us from Manchester.

I like him, he comes across as a genuinely nice bloke but I wish he'd leave his old mum/auntie out of a few of his stories - it is possible to overdo the Northern lad bit you know...

um, that would be guest...not guset...i don't think he actually asks if things have a gusset ;)

:mysmilie_510: I would love it (Kev style for those that know) if Julian asked about gussets he he he he. I love Julian, Don't know him but he seems like a fun guy.

CC xxxx (to jules)

I think I would like him personally if I was in his company but I don't think he is a good presenter. His diction is not good and he waffles a lot. He gives the impression that he is a an understudy filling in for the "real" presenter who has been taken ill last minute.

I used to be taken in by his routine, "normal bloke done well, loves granny, mum etc" but i now see him differently.
I read on his blog he was on a cruise, and to me it just doesn't go with the persona he's trying to create (nothing
wrong with cruises) and its hard to explain, but him and cruises to me just don't go together. I LOL at the nodding
dog routine. I do think he's a nice bloke, but i see him differently now, more a business man who's pretending he's
just like one of the workers. just my opinion of course

I think I would like him personally if I was in his company but I don't think he is a good presenter. His diction is not good and he waffles a lot. He gives the impression that he is a an understudy filling in for the "real" presenter who has been taken ill last minute.

and he often is! :giggle:

Julian is my favourite presenter but with time you see his persona, it's all an act and he's very good at what he does, I actually think he's the male equivelant of Julia. ---Julian/Julia LOL. His gift is making you believe he is genuine but all the time he's just on auto, as mentioned, nodding and asking the right questions. I have respect for him because he does work hard at his sales technique and he does make me laugh.

Stephanie Weightman was on with him recently and she called him Dale (he didn't correct her). She also appeared to be a little bit grumpy and impatient with him. Not like Stephanie at all.

one of the reasons i like him is because more than once, i've caught a glimpse, just for a second, at the end of a presentation/show and he is always very warmly thanking the guest.

one of the reasons i like him is because more than once, i've caught a glimpse, just for a second, at the end of a presentation/show and he is always very warmly thanking the guest.
janie, they all do that, its an act, camera not quite out of sight, friendly chit chat / handshake / peck on cheek , for the viewers still watching, a ploy :) Or maybe i'm an old cynic

He might be a good old northern lad but he's spent years trying to lose his natural accent and talk 'proper' and it makes his voice sound even worse.

Latest posts

Back