I miss EcoTan

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'mAlisonYoungliterally!

Registered Shopper
I was looking in the mirror and thinking how nice it would have been to have a quick spritz of EcoTan. I thought it was a great product until they changed the formula. Also i miss my Gatineau Laser products and Ojon Tawaka Rejuvenating cream.

I loved the ecotan spray, and the tan accelerator was so huge it was a bargain, and did work. Sometimes they have it on brand alley at bargain prices.

Does anybody remember the old 'EcoTan' that AY helped developed and was on QVC for years, then I think it went fom there to Harrods, if I remember rightly.
It was a clear liquid and developed in about 4-6 hours and they also did EcoTan Accelerator, which was a gel type product.

Does anybody remember the old 'EcoTan' that AY helped developed and was on QVC for years, then I think it went fom there to Harrods, if I remember rightly.
It was a clear liquid and developed in about 4-6 hours and they also did EcoTan Accelerator, which was a gel type product.

Yea i do,it was a clear spray and the accelerator was an orange colour gel, Tk maxx sometimes have some Ecotan products also check ebay .

Thanks for the links, I've missed it too. PS lovely doggy Summergirl, I'm a fellow Westie owner too.

I lOVE Ecotan! Since Q stopped selling it, i've ordered the pump spray version (which is the original one they used to sell on Q) from Amazon. I'm not loyal to any particular seller, whoever has it at the best price and/or free p&p gets my money! I bought the aerosol version last year, didn't find it as good but not sure why as the ingredients are the same I think. I always get compliments on my tan after i've used it, it must suit my fair skin tone.

I loved the original Eco Tan I used it in winter when my natural tan had faded, (yes I was a sun lover) and tanned very easily without having to spend hours lying out in the sun. These days I just use a tinted moisturiser as we don't get any decent sunshine.

Marina, i'm not familiar with the Accelerator Max as this was one of the newer products from the range. The gel accelerator was the one sold on QVC, and i always found it really good as you can use it underneath a body lotion or SPF cream, or on your face without causing spots or changing your moisturiser. As for after exposure, Ecotan used to make a product called EcoSoothe, but i prefer the SBC Aloe Vera gel. Its great value for money and has multiple uses.

I never got a nice even colour with EcoTan,it always streaked but my dd & her hubby both swear by the tan accelerator.

I've bought it several times over the years from Brand Alley (knockdown prices) but haven't seen it there in a long time.

I miss it too. Used to buy the eco tan original, the tan accelerator and the exfoliator all in supersizes from Q at bargain prices.

I would Ecotan - it's the only tan accelerator I buy because it's cheap and effective. I get it from Ebay (about £15 for 500ml). I've already been through a bottle this summer and onto my second (using the Elemis one from the TSV in between, which didn't last very long). I swop my body butters/lotions/creams to tan accelerator in the summer.

This is however the only product I use from Ecotan, but it sounds like they do alot more...
What is this clear spray that has been mentioned?

Latest posts

Back