I Pads beware !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Too much refurbished. Even qvc are doing refurbished what the hell is going on ?

nothing wrong with refurbs, i just bought a TV from Sony, £799 in the shop , i paid £520 nothing wrong with it was just a customer return so they cant sell as new , still has a warranty

Its a good chance to save a good amount of money, i would say refurbished is the smarter way to buy anything :)

I agree, but there is a problem with the Janice calling them 'pre-loved'. The word is 'second-hand'.

There is a website called Preloved that sells second hand items. You can use different words to mean the same thing.

There is a website called Preloved that sells second hand items. You can use different words to mean the same thing.

Yes, but Janice calls them preloved because she as a saleswoman doesn't want them tainting with the negative connotations associated with the usual, work-a-day phrase, 'second-hand'. In fact, she wants to get as far away as possible from that idea. It's like calling jewellery 'platinum-clad' rather than 'plated'. Do you think Janice goes home of a Monday evening and says to her girlfriend: 'hey, I've been selling some great pre-loved iPads today'...!

I prefer honest, straight-forward language, and that includes not trying to dress things up to be something else.

I have no problem with the concept of second hand Ipads. However I would have an issue buying from a company that needs a dictionary to find out what "customer service" and "statutary rights" means. I have read too many comments on this and other forums which would make me wary of buying an expensive item like this from them.

Last edited:
It makes me wonder why so many iPads were returned in the first place.

I am using mine now, I would love to return it lol

It is NOT loved so it could not be described as pre-loved, that would be against the trade descriptions act!

Just a matter of time now before Peter Simon in his usual state of confusion describes the latest wrist watch he is selling, as having a sweeping 'Pre Loved' hand. Yup give it time folks..

Wrist watches - Peter Simon

Just a matter of time now before Peter Simon in his usual state of confusion describes the latest wrist watch he is selling, as having a sweeping 'Pre Loved' hand. Yup give it time folks..

Talking of him, is Our Bet pre-loved do you think? Anyone know who Our Bet is.....figment of imagination or soul mate (Heaven forbid..)?

Not long after my post above, my ipad totally locked up and was out of action for the rest of the night, I couldn't even turn it off.

After pressing various combinations of buttons this morning, it finally rebooted itself.

I have a refurbished IPad mini 2. It is really good. I bought it to replace my poor Nexus 7 first generation which virtually stopped working under the strain of a final software update to Kitkat

Latest posts

Back