I want to buy several items …...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
…… all about £20, but all have £3-95 pp.

If the postage was capped, I would have bought them, but not with £12 pp on top.

I believe Ideal World has capped postage, but I don't buy from them any more because of appalling CS the last time I did.

Their PP is so antiquated, eg 1/2 price on 2nd item but ONLY IF IDENTICAL IN EVERY WAY! That is, colour, size, etc.

I did consider ringing CS and asking if they would cap the postage if I bought all 3 items, so they would make £60 sales at the loss of a bit of PP. But I can guess what the answer would be. So I won't be buying anything from them.

What a shambles.

And if you returned them, you'd probably have lost double that. Or have them had a change of heart and do free returns now? Mr C has just received something diy from them that has very obviously been used and returned. I wouldn't have bought it let alone kept it but he's still humming and ha-ing about it and this is how they score.

And if you returned them, you'd probably have lost double that. Or have them had a change of heart and do free returns now? Mr C has just received something diy from them that has very obviously been used and returned. I wouldn't have bought it let alone kept it but he's still humming and ha-ing about it and this is how they score.
Get Mr C told! No way should he pay full price for something that’s been used. I would be asking for a returns label and either a replacement or a full refund.

Totally agree! I was watching a diamonique outlet show a couple of weeks ago, and a clothes show later on the same day. Altogether there were at least 5 items I would have been tempted to order, but I’m not prepared to pay the ridiculous p&p. They missed out on about £100 worth of orders. I’m sure the majority of viewers would have been in the same situation many times. Why don’t they do a months trial of capped p&p to see what difference it makes to sales?

Totally agree with everything said but it will never happen as it is their biggest profit maker and because we are daft enough to pay it.

If you receive something which is totally unsuitable it usually goes back straight away - it’s the things you are not sure about, is it a bit tight/big/colour etc, where you hum and hah until the30days have run out and you end up with something which in reality you will never use.

If it is faulty (and I consider 2nd hand goods are in that category) they will send you a label to return it for free, AND refund your original postage.

Totally agree with everything said but it will never happen as it is their biggest profit maker and because we are daft enough to pay it.

If you receive something which is totally unsuitable it usually goes back straight away - it’s the things you are not sure about, is it a bit tight/big/colour etc, where you hum and hah until the30days have run out and you end up with something which in reality you will never use.

The trouble is, unless they read this forum, they have no idea how many sales they are losing because of the PP. There are loads of things I would have bought in the past, if it wasn't for the uncapped PP.

Yes the P&P is their big downfall.The only thing with Q is you can use something and return it, but never forget the cost! I did that with the Dyson Hairdryer but to cure my curiosity it cost me about £20! Offering half price postage on exactly the same item is a joke.When they did reduce p&p last year did that not have a significant impact on sales?

Their p&p policies are ludicrous. There's no way I'd be prepared to buy a number of products from one retailer in a single transaction and pay p&p on each item - I'd expect it at least to be capped. Most places will offer free postage if you're spending over a certain amount. Some of their p&p charges are astounding ....I think yesterday's tsv postage was £7, they're generally about £3.95-£4.95 so you could easily end up spending £20 to get your order to the door. Again that sort of money would buy you next day delivery at a time of your choosing elsewhere. As for the buy something identical in every single way...and pay half price....firstly who does that?..and fgs..say you were buying two black tops that will be coming from the same warehouse, be packed in the same package but you'll be expected to pay extra ..it's not on. They'll not change unless people start voting with their feet..but sadly there's too many people out there who dote on the Q and won't hear a single bad word said against them!

Strato IW customer care service has improved a lot, you email them and get a response really quick and they’ll sort out your problem through email, also you get free returns, capped postage and most importantly they don’t send returns back out to customers, they go on their eBay shop. I’m honest with people and believe me if I didn’t rate them or had major problems with IW believe you me, I’d be shouting about it.

CS at QVC are pretty good if you phone them and say something is broken or used and you're not happy. They've sent me postage labels with no quibbles. Make sure you do it though because I've also though "oh I'll send that back" only to find I'm too late and the 30/60 days have run out.

I agree with Shopper about IW customer service. I've never had a problem with them even when I've phoned and been directed to India, always try to help and are polite. It is better to email though unless you want them to try and sell you something else while you're on the phone :sneaky:

CC

The other day in the Diamonique show, there were 3 little rings that could and were designed to be 'stacked' - and looked lovely, BUT if you bought each one it came with a £2.95 each p & p ! Funny how one ring can have that p & p, when the Gtech tsv large and heavy massage bed was £6.95 !!! laughable.

The postage per item is bad enough but when it’s items which really are designed to be bought together, your example of stacking rings is a pet poff with me, it’s disgraceful.

The only time the half price for exactly same item works is for the beauty TSV when people are bulk buying. Everything else you want a different size or colour.

CS at QVC are pretty good if you phone them and say something is broken or used and you're not happy. They've sent me postage labels with no quibbles. Make sure you do it though because I've also though "oh I'll send that back" only to find I'm too late and the 30/60 days have run out.

I agree with Shopper about IW customer service. I've never had a problem with them even when I've phoned and been directed to India, always try to help and are polite. It is better to email though unless you want them to try and sell you something else while you're on the phone :sneaky:

CC

I’ve been called a liar by a CS operator at QVC, I received some make-up that had been used, I thought bugger that they’re getting it back but they were really quite aggressive and rude telling me they don’t send used make-up returns back out, I said “how can you say that? I’m looking at it!” so it was them who were actually lying because I had it in my hand looking at Tarte foundation that had been squeezed and the brush with the foundation on, someone had used it, I also had a Laura Geller B&B with thumb prints on it and talc everywhere years before, so there’s only so many times they can get away with trying to deny it, calling your customer a liar though really isn’t what a Customer Service does as good retail practice. Mind you, they did win an award 25 years ago so I could be wrong. 😂

I've received used stuff - and two items with the previous customer's return slip still in the box!

I've also been pulled up short at the thought of how much the postage costs add up if you buy several items. An instant sales loss as far as I've been concerned.

I get really annoyed when the presenters say that an item would look great with the previous/next item (Fibby Flint is particularly aggressive with this kind of upselling). It's a shame they weren't forced to mention that by buying that extra item the postage would add up to that much extra.

I received an item recently with about 6 bar code stickers on it, which if I remember another post about returns it means it had been sent out to various customers. Needless to say the item was broken, didn't work and had to go back.

There's little quality control, I've had a lot of grubby clothes as well.

CC

Latest posts

Back