Ice cream maker!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
I had the misfortune of seeing Joanne having a fake-orgasm on live t.v this morning, in fact I've seen her having a couple...and why? The "delicious ice cream" that Joe's been whipping up in this daft contraption that's masquerading as an ice cream maker. From what I can see, you freeze this enormous looking plate that looks like it'd block up your entire freezer. Bung it in the freezer, take it out, pour in some home made guff, then stand there and stir it for hours with two plastic paddles - It really really doesn't look worth the effort when you can buy some excellent ice cream these days in the shops and get some wicked deals too! Gone are the days when all you could get is a block of vanilla, raspberry ripple or neopolitan (if you're lucky)!

I'm sure these contraptions on an industrial scale which are run by electricity to keep them constantly frozen are great, but I can't see one being able to make a decent amount of ice cream with something that's gonna start losing "power" the minute you remove it from the freezer! And it looks such a ****** palaver. Whilst Jo was making the sort of noises and faces that should be never be seen in public, the other Joe was paddling away scraping all the runny bits into the middle, redistributing the mixture time and time again, and not once did I see anything that you could safely plonk on top of a cornet!

Seriously though, has anyone tried one of these? Looks like the biggest waste of time and money!

they poured it into the smallest glass to give the impression that there was enough to serve a human.

worse still, you could see it has already turned back to liquid for the most part.

I had the misfortune of seeing Joanne having a fake-orgasm on live t.v this morning, in fact I've seen her having a couple...and why? The "delicious ice cream" that Joe's been whipping up in this daft contraption that's masquerading as an ice cream maker. From what I can see, you freeze this enormous looking plate that looks like it'd block up your entire freezer. Bung it in the freezer, take it out, pour in some home made guff, then stand there and stir it for hours with two plastic paddles - It really really doesn't look worth the effort when you can buy some excellent ice cream these days in the shops and get some wicked deals too! Gone are the days when all you could get is a block of vanilla, raspberry ripple or neopolitan (if you're lucky)!

I'm sure these contraptions on an industrial scale which are run by electricity to keep them constantly frozen are great, but I can't see one being able to make a decent amount of ice cream with something that's gonna start losing "power" the minute you remove it from the freezer! And it looks such a ****** palaver. Whilst Jo was making the sort of noises and faces that should be never be seen in public, the other Joe was paddling away scraping all the runny bits into the middle, redistributing the mixture time and time again, and not once did I see anything that you could safely plonk on top of a cornet!

Seriously though, has anyone tried one of these? Looks like the biggest waste of time and money!

Haven't tried it. Sainsbury's (other supermarkets are available!) often have Walls Eton Mess on offer (my favourite!) and if that is full price then their own brand toffee and vanilla is perfectly good. I couldn't be bothered with all this faff myself, particularly as you say there are so many decent flavours these days.

If you really want to make your own ice cream and don't want to buy another "one trick pony" gadget...frozen pieces of banana in a regular blender produces suprisingly good results, any other sort of fruit, berries and the like blend down with a bit of liquid eg orange juice will produce more of a sorbet, but nice all the same and you know what, as long as you've got frozen fruit it'll blend down in a couple of minutes - if that, with absolutely no need to stand there for half a hour stirring and scraping - Daft product of the year I reckon...well done IW!

Can I just remind all of you lot that as you watch Ideal World you must be a blimp.

Ice Cream is no good, even the measly 4 teaspoons that this pile of crap can make. If you MUST buy it then can I suggest you at least add some of Doddy Flump's Fig Powder.

And no Pasta, Spiralize :mysmilie_59:

Can I just remind all of you lot that as you watch Ideal World you must be a blimp.

Ice Cream is no good, even the measly 4 teaspoons that this pile of crap can make. If you MUST buy it then can I suggest you at least add some of Doddy Flump's Fig Powder.

And no Pasta, Spiralize :mysmilie_59:

I have a flake and sprinkles instead, would the supreme foodologyistwhatever approve?

I have a flake and sprinkles instead, would the supreme foodologyistwhatever approve?

That sounds delicious Momma, but it doesn't dance to the Superfoodists's Mantra.

Well I had a great, big, plate of Pasta Twirls with Green Pesto and Full Fat Philadelphia all mixed up and it was marvellous. You can kiss Spiralizing as far as I'm concerned. And I'm shortly gonna have an Orange Calippo.

Doddy Flump can Fig off, I don't wanna look like him :mysmilie_59:

That sounds delicious Momma, but it doesn't dance to the Superfoodists's Mantra.

Well I had a great, big, plate of Pasta Twirls with Green Pesto and Full Fat Philadelphia all mixed up and it was marvellous. You can kiss Spiralizing as far as I'm concerned. And I'm shortly gonna have an Orange Calippo.

Doddy Flump can Fig off, I don't wanna look like him :mysmilie_59:

You rebel Wirral :mysmilie_19:

I remember seeing that ice cream device on a previous show and thinking that life is way too short to be messing around with such nonsense. It's not as if the end result makes it worthwhile.

Mrs Ranger introduced me to Colombian Coffee ice cream some time ago, and I really haven't looked back. If I wasn't so careful with the calories I could easily devour a tub in one sitting...well, maybe half a tub. I'm sure Mrs Ranger would give me the legendary eyebrows if I was that greedy:blush:

I have made icecreams and sorbets. I have never owned an icecream maker. It's yet another totally unnecessary piece of kit... but that's one of the main "planks" of selly telly. They just love getting us all to stuff up our homes with unnecessary gadgets.... Yes, there are the occasional gems where we are glad to have the item... but far too much of it is just fodder for the dust bunnies lurking on neglected corners, top shelves, or backs of cupboards.

If you have a blender and some frozen fruit and some cream or cold custard, you can whip up something that is a great consistency for immediate service as a dessert or a treat anyway, and otherwise I found a basin and electric mixer sufficient for my purposes... but that doesn't sell a warehouse full of gadgets.

Just seen a video of this product on the IW website. What a pile of useless sh*te this is! 21 quid is way too much a metal plate that makes four teaspoons of the stuff. Even Bid TV wouldn't have sold crap like this...IW are really scraping the barrell.

Just seen a video of this product on the IW website. What a pile of useless sh*te this is! 21 quid is way too much a metal plate that makes four teaspoons of the stuff. Even Bid TV wouldn't have sold crap like this...IW are really scraping the barrell.

To be honest, this product should be marketed for what it is, (arguably a pile of crap) but as a child's toy! You're never gonna get an adult portion of ice cream out of this, nor do most adults have the time and inclination to faff around for so long to achieve so little. Perhaps make it a tad smaller, bung it in a bright coloured box, and a few sachets of something you just add milk or water to, a few sprinkles and let the kids make a treat for themselves and their dolls and teddies - 'cause it ain't gonna make much more than that!

Lakeland sell it. Was £39.99 reduced to £19.99. Says it makes 6 portions in 30 minutes before refreezing required.

Latest posts

Back