I'd love to get it off my chest!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I spent most of Thursday afternoon in hospital because I had a racing heart beat that wouldn't settle... Then they said you have no other symptoms, chest x-ray clear, bloods normal, urine normal and 4 ecgs. Go forth and resume normal life, but discuss with gp with a view to a cardio referral. Oh and ask for a thyroid blood test, cos we forgot to do one. I got a text the next day, how did i rate my treatment? I have to say couldn't fault it, so said so. However, I went into the city yesterday and sat next to a sweet young woman in a pale blue uniform dress and discovered she was good friends with one of the folks who took good care of me and I was able to send my appreciation nearly in person as well what a coincidence!!! Also, I have been full of catarrh for a couple of days, so wonder if I have been fighting a bug, even though I didn't have a temperature... Oh well, in several weeks when I finally get a face to face with a gp... I may get an answer or not!!!

Good luck...but must be a relief that your tests all came back normal. Hope you're feeling a bit better now x

No sooner was I over the last bug, but I came down with my first cold in ages. Then funnily enough, my heart rate went peculiar in the first stages of the bug again. spoke to a GP by phone been on steroids and antibiotics and off work again. Saw my own GP on Friday she said she thought the odd heart rate followed by the bug was more than coincidental and worth discussing with the cardiologist... I am finally, after a week of pills, feeling nearly well again, phew!

No sooner was I over the last bug, but I came down with my first cold in ages. Then funnily enough, my heart rate went peculiar in the first stages of the bug again. spoke to a GP by phone been on steroids and antibiotics and off work again. Saw my own GP on Friday she said she thought the odd heart rate followed by the bug was more than coincidental and worth discussing with the cardiologist... I am finally, after a week of pills, feeling nearly well again, phew!

I’m glad you’re feeling better, I’m just getting over bronchitis.......again, but thankfully it’s not the worse bout I’ve ever had. Take care xx

I’m glad you’re feeling better, I’m just getting over bronchitis.......again, but thankfully it’s not the worse bout I’ve ever had. Take care xx

Take care Shopps. I can't send you a flower anymore so here's a group hug, even though two of us don't make a group! :grouphug:

I am still coughing, can't ruddy believe it. The cough is loose and wheezy,but nothing really breaks up properly, if anyone has any recommendations for an expectant that works but doesn't contain pseudo ephedrine or derivatives they will be gratefully received. X

Take care Shopps. I can't send you a flower anymore so here's a group hug, even though two of us don't make a group! :grouphug:

Aw thanks T, I’ll take the group hug thank you xxx. :RpS_wub:

I am still coughing, can't ruddy believe it. The cough is loose and wheezy,but nothing really breaks up properly, if anyone has any recommendations for an expectant that works but doesn't contain pseudo ephedrine or derivatives they will be gratefully received. X

If you have a productive cough it’s best not to use anything to suppress it because it’s your body’s way of getting rid of what’s causing your problem and trying to fight the infection. It’s best to go back to the doctors you may need a course of antibiotics and steroids, especially steroids if you’re wheezing. At the beginning of the year it took me a month to get rid of my bronchitis with three courses of antibiotics and steroids, I thought it was never going to end, so get in touch with your doctor or it could turn in to pneumonia. Hope you feel better soon.

I don’t often come over to this section but reading through I have found that other forum friends have been suffering the same shoulder and arm problems as me. I suddenly developed a painful shoulder and arm whilst on holiday in July. I kept thinking it would pass but by November I realised it was not going anywhere. My doctor arranged for a scan and X-ray. After many weeks I finally had these and it showed bursitis and a torn tendon. How did that happen? A steroid injection did nothing and now I must wait 3 months for physiotherapy!

Wishing you all a rapid recovery.

I don’t often come over to this section but reading through I have found that other forum friends have been suffering the same shoulder and arm problems as me. I suddenly developed a painful shoulder and arm whilst on holiday in July. I kept thinking it would pass but by November I realised it was not going anywhere. My doctor arranged for a scan and X-ray. After many weeks I finally had these and it showed bursitis and a torn tendon. How did that happen? A steroid injection did nothing and now I must wait 3 months for physiotherapy!

Classic injury is reaching for a handbag on back seat of car whilst sitting in front and manoeuvring elbow between the seats which creates a twist in the shoulder. Any backward reaching has potential risk. Once bitten never again! My best wishes to you Evie.

I treat my right shoulder with great respect as it's never been the same since a toddler daughter, who was on reins, decided to taking a running leap & a jump. Fortunately we were outside Boots at he time & the pharmacist put it back.:faint:After the world stopped spinning he said it was a shame that I wasn't a cat as they have very flexible shoulders due to floating clavicle bones!

Sounds sooo painful! Well, further upshot of my health scare, an appointment at cardio saw a professor and two nurses... The interesting thing is my tsh levels are elevated, which means my thyroid is overworked, but according to the prof my thyroid levels are currently ok. Now, to me, does this mean my thyroid levels are going to drop OR what??? Still coughing hard at least once most days. Prof said he didn't think the heart beats were anything dramatic BUT he wants me to have an echocardiogram and a twenty-four hour 'tape' whatever that is!

I got my Rotator Cuff through a flu injection, she injected to high up the arm and went through to the bursa. Hope you’re not in much pain Evie and that it gets better soon for you xx

I treat my right shoulder with great respect as it's never been the same since a toddler daughter, who was on reins, decided to taking a running leap & a jump. Fortunately we were outside Boots at he time & the pharmacist put it back.:faint:After the world stopped spinning he said it was a shame that I wasn't a cat as they have very flexible shoulders due to floating clavicle bones!

Ouch that sounds painful, yes you’re right to treat your shoulder with respect it takes a lot of wear and tear, hope you’re ok.......ah wouldn’t it be lovely to be a cat :RpS_love:

Ouch that sounds painful, yes you’re right to treat your shoulder with respect it takes a lot of wear and tear, hope you’re ok.......ah wouldn’t it be lovely to be a cat :RpS_love:

Like most of us who multi function - family life, work, gardening, DIY etc I do most things but I sometimes act the precious little woman when it comes to lifting heavy shopping & suitcases. Once a joint or the supporting area is weakened it can take a lot to get it back to how it should be & many of us have a weakened one forever. What happened to you is appalling. I'd love to be a cat as long as I was loved & didn't live near a busy road.

Latest posts

Back