Ideal World completes transformation into Bid TV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Atticus

Registered Shopper
So I think it's fair to say that Bid has now been fully resurrected as Ideal World...

Right now Peter Simon is with Chris Birkett selling a low cost no-branded vacuum cleaner. High cost p&p.

Peter Simon is making jokes about its 'big tubes' and his massive suction - cue side ways looks to the camera.

It's a sad day for shopping tv

but a great day for people like us, who love to comment on it.

Yes yes yes - great times ahead, perhaps the old gang will return and once again we shall lots of chuckles at the New Car crash tv that Bid - ooh sorry Ideal World is becoming. I wonder how long they will last? Happy days - evening all ex bidsters!

Yes yes yes - great times ahead, perhaps the old gang will return and once again we shall lots of chuckles at the New Car crash tv that Bid - ooh sorry Ideal World is becoming. I wonder how long they will last? Happy days - evening all ex bidsters!

allo mr dave

I always wondered what would happen if you took ideal worlds worst trait (showcasing the same 5 products, for an hour each, on rotation) with ....well ... any of bid's traits.

As I write this, I flicked my tv onto freeview channel 22 and thought I accidentally put it on channel 23... as I have been greeted by Peter Simon selling the one and only Thomas Kinkade.

It is exactly as you would expect too. There is no 'ideal world' spin on it.

allo mr dave

I always wondered what would happen if you took ideal worlds worst trait (showcasing the same 5 products, for an hour each, on rotation) with ....well ... any of bid's traits.

As I write this, I flicked my tv onto freeview channel 22 and thought I accidentally put it on channel 23... as I have been greeted by Peter Simon selling the one and only Thomas Kinkade.

It is exactly as you would expect too. There is no 'ideal world' spin on it.

Ha - Peter Simon is on in his Tux. All the usual BS.

SO glad it's back :D

Only a matter of time before we get thumping heartbeat and alarm noises indicating a sudden and unexpected price drop. Roll on shocked face look. No, it can't go that low, seriously? Hang on, let me just check with my producer.... what, really?

Well, apparently we have gone that low, and we're selling it for less then we paid for it! We are not allowed to say that unless it is true. Oh my. Just buy it, just buy it.

Well done if you managed to get that at home.

When will the above be introduced to the format? And then, please IW, can we have the following:

1. On screen graphics telling us just how much stock you have, not just the usual chat about well over 30% of the stock has gone already.

2. A ticker at the bottom telling us who is in, who has bought it.

I am willing to help IW morph into Bid if they want to employ me. I come cheap.

About the current GoClever bit on air, there are no graphics on screen, no music either. If someone records this for me, I will try and Bid this up just for a laugh.

I take that back. I don't want any videos with the so-called technology expert Janice nobody in it. She infuriates me too much. She's like the Richard Jackson (garden bloke on QVC) of Ideal World, if she could sell some generic white label imported from China rubbish and stamp her own name all over it, I am sure she would! (But only if it has ebook reader and skype on it, and only if the colour can be inverted so it is dark when using it in bad)

And if that wasn't bad enough, she has now caught the 'Not Only' bug.

Last edited by a moderator:
Janice is the world's worst tech expert.... she is still in 1995 ''look.... you can go on the internet with this''

Only a matter of time before we get thumping heartbeat and alarm noises indicating a sudden and unexpected price drop. Roll on shocked face look. No, it can't go that low, seriously? Hang on, let me just check with my producer.... what, really?

Well, apparently we have gone that low, and we're selling it for less then we paid for it! We are not allowed to say that unless it is true. Oh my. Just buy it, just buy it.

Well done if you managed to get that at home.

When will the above be introduced to the format? And then, please IW, can we have the following:

1. On screen graphics telling us just how much stock you have, not just the usual chat about well over 30% of the stock has gone already.

2. A ticker at the bottom telling us who is in, who has bought it.

I am willing to help IW morph into Bid if they want to employ me. I come cheap.

Ha - they'e already started using the dodgy 'sentimental' backing music when selling the Kinkades.

Cringe.

Ha - they'e already started using the dodgy 'sentimental' backing music when selling the Kinkades.

Cringe.

the ONLY thing about that presentation that was different to bid tv, was that they got a kinkade on the phone to call in/flirt shamelessly with Peter Simon. Otherwise it was exactly like bid and I 'loved' it.

Peter Simon using every word from the dictionary but then being unable to say 'specific'. Just magical.

the ONLY thing about that presentation that was different to bid tv, was that they got a kinkade on the phone to call in/flirt shamelessly with Peter Simon. Otherwise it was exactly like bid and I 'loved' it.

Peter Simon using every word from the dictionary but then being unable to say 'specific'. Just magical.

He seems to have a lot of trouble saying 'flexibasket' too, he's just owned up to it

In the actifry hour with Joe, he said it wrong every time for 55 minutes :) Joe laughed and pointed out when he said it right for the first time, which was 55 mins into the show :p

The unholy trinity of Bid TV is on Ideal world

I today found out what had happened to Peter Simon since the demise of his previous channel. He was on Ideal World, he may have been on for a while but since Mike Mason and Paul Beroque are regularly on now I don't watch it nearly as much, the presence of this person now makes me even less inclined to watch the channel. The man was on this morning selling a steamer, though as usual he was more thorough than the actual guest presenter and you could see he was trying to hold back with all the stats on the product. Though there was a lot of double entendres etc which I thought at nearly 8 am was a bit much.

Now that the 'unholy trinity' of car crash shopping TV have finally crashed onto Ideal World I wonder how long before the demise of this channel. Thank goodness none went to QVC and they are still a slight 'cut-above' (IMHO).

The guests seem VISIBLY annoyed that they can't get a word in with him.

Still, it would appear Ideal has taken him on permanently - he's been all over the channel over the past few days. Forgive him at 'ome!

Latest posts

Back