Ideal World Customer Service, how I hate it!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

helena

Registered Shopper
When I first came across Ideal World, I bought a pack of two jumpers. To cut a long story short, Only one turned up so I had to contact C.S. I have never in my born days come across such an incompitent service and after many expensive phone calls to C.S I was still non the wiser why this happened as the people answering the calls do not have a fluent skill of using the British language and couldn't understand why I had a problem.
I decided to never use them again and went back to using 'the other side' purely because of their very good, friendly C.S Service.
After a few years I thought I would chance buying a skirt which I really liked on I.W. but within 30 seconds of ordering, I realised that I'd ordered the wrong size. Blast!![I think that the ordering system took so long, I got confused and frustrated], I immediately phoned back to cancell but was told they would try to stop the purchase but couldn't guarantee and I was to phone back in 24 hours to find out.
I phoned back waiting on this very expensive number for quite a while for someone to answer to be told by the clerk after leaving his desk to check for over another 5 minutes[haven't they got computer screens in front of them] and told again that the purchase was ready to ship so I must wait and see as the payment 'probably' did go through.
WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE? It either did or it didn't. He tells me that if it's delivered, I can send it back, huh! My post office is 5 miles away with nowhere to park. What about that P&P too? I'm furious and livid.
No more Ideal World for me.

customer services should be in the uk, its been proved, thats why so many companies are coming back and making a point on adverts that they have a uk call centre. Ideal world need to do this, I heard they were

I've experienced ordering the wrong size (ring in my case) and phoned back immediately to try and change it, but was told it was too late and I should just go ahead and order the correct size and send the wrong one back when it arrives! What sort of system is that ,when within micro-seconds of ordering it can't be changed? I vowed that was the last time of ordering after, a previous order fiasco, and I will never use them again unless CS is vastly improved. I'm amazed they're still in business.

Ideal World Customer Services, how I hate it!

When I first came across Ideal World, I bought a pack of two jumpers. To cut a long story short, Only one turned up so I had to contact C.S. I have never in my born days come across such an incompitent service and after many expensive phone calls to C.S I was still non the wiser why this happened as the people answering the calls do not have a fluent skill of using the British language and couldn't understand why I had a problem.
I decided to never use them again and went back to using 'the other side' purely because of their very good, friendly C.S Service.
After a few years I thought I would chance buying a skirt which I really liked on I.W. but within 30 seconds of ordering, I realised that I'd ordered the wrong size. Blast!![I think that the ordering system took so long, I got confused and frustrated], I immediately phoned back to cancell but was told they would try to stop the purchase but couldn't guarantee and I was to phone back in 24 hours to find out.
I phoned back waiting on this very expensive number for quite a while for someone to answer to be told by the clerk after leaving his desk to check for over another 5 minutes[haven't they got computer screens in front of them] and told again that the purchase was ready to ship so I must wait and see as the payment 'probably' did go through.
WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE? It either did or it didn't. He tells me that if it's delivered, I can send it back, huh! My post office is 5 miles away with nowhere to park. What about that P&P too? I'm furious and livid.
No more Ideal World for me.

Helena, I have complete sympathy with you. I gave up on IW ages ago because they were just so awful to deal with. Not just their CS but their whole organisation is a total mess. How they still have any customers at all baffles me. Good luck with the skirt.

customer services should be in the uk, its been proved, thats why so many companies are coming back and making a point on adverts that they have a uk call centre. Ideal world need to do this, I heard they were

The last time I had dealings with them (last year sometime) I'm sure they were based in the UK as I got a guy with a Liverpool accent (actually thought I'd dialled QVC by mistake). To be honest, he wasn't much help but at least he spoke English! Maybe they've gone back to India again?????

The problem with a lot of customer services is that they dont have enough training I dont think I had problems with yes tv (when they answered the phone they just said hello) also alot of companies tell you they cant cancel an order once its been placed. Why not?

I havnt ordered in years due to appaling CS ,it took the late lamented Steve Whatley to sort it out , I sword then I would never give them my buisiness again and have stuck to that. Reading post like this just reinforces that decision . Good luck with the skirt / payment/ non payment / prehaps it did / prehaps it didnt issue.

I havnt ordered in years due to appaling CS ,it took the late lamented Steve Whatley to sort it out , I sword then I would never give them my buisiness again and have stuck to that. Reading post like this just reinforces that decision . Good luck with the skirt / payment/ non payment / prehaps it did / prehaps it didnt issue.

I wonder if they are aware of how many customers they've lost along the way? It's a shame as somehow I find IW more appealing than QVC and would much prefer to buy from them.

I've got a case going through trading standards at the moment because of their bad customer service.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back