Ideal World phoning me after my first purchase

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

user 22184

Registered Shopper
Hi. I ordered the waterless car wash the other evening and Ideal World phoned me yesterday trying to sell me exclusive membership of some buyers club or something. I'm not entirely sure what it was about, as I tuned out and started repeating no thank you, not interested. Is there such a club? Did I turn down a great offer? The salesperson was nice enough and didn't persist when I said no.

You did the right thing. They tell you it’s free but after the trial period it’s £99. I’ve read that so many people have been caught out. Some of the sales people have been quite persistent and people have said yes just to get rid of them.

When you place an order make sure you set your preferences, I’ve never had them ring me in twenty years, only when I’ve sent an email asking them to regarding an order. All I accept are emails, people often forget to set their preferences saying they don’t want any marketing etc.........just a little tip.

As with any unsolicited caller, I ask them to hold while I let the cat out, stand in the hall for five minutes, then tell them I have to let the cat in, then go and get my out of tune Rickenbacker 330 12, and play Norwegian Wood very badly down the phone to them. They are usually gone by I Once Had a Girl...

I’ve never had a phone call from IW and I’ve shopped from them fairly regularly. I always order on the website so don’t know if that makes a difference.

I do get some unsolicited calls but if I don’t recognise the number (all contacts are named in my address book) I usually answer it, but say nothing. They usually put the phone down and then I block them.

This happened to me after my first purchase. They called a couple of times very insistent I should join their “club” I was so annoyed because I was waiting for urgent calls from hospital .It put me off and I don’t think I ordered again.

As with any unsolicited caller, I ask them to hold while I let the cat out, stand in the hall for five minutes, then tell them I have to let the cat in, then go and get my out of tune Rickenbacker 330 12, and play Norwegian Wood very badly down the phone to them. They are usually gone by I Once Had a Girl...
My late mother used to enjoy unsolicited calls. She would play the "deaf old lady" (she was actually as sharp as a knife!). They used to hang up on her as she was irritating them so much😁. I love your method of dealing with calls. I once told a caller I couldn't take their call as I was busy at work in the Fraud Squad and they suddenly declined to speak to me, no idea why...

They caught me out earlier this year with this scam. Told me it would be free although I would have to pay £2.99 for postage. It was at the beginning of lockdown when my head was up my backside so foolishly I agreed to it as they promised vouchers with money off my weekly grocery shopping. A week later I noticed £99 had gone from my account (as well as the £2.99 postage fee) and I still had not received any vouchers. I eventually managed to track them down and get a refund. In the meantime the book of "vouchers" were delivered and they were the biggest load of rubbish I've seen. You had to register to use them but they were for ridiculous things like hot air balloon rides and afternoon teas in random places miles from where I live. Not the kind of stuff that you could make the most of during lockdown and certainly not the vouchers off my weekly shopping that I was promised.

Latest posts

Back