Ideal World put up for sale

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Since Mike Mason and the "worry angel" bloke arrived from Bid, I would like to see it disappear from the air.

Sorry, I can never remember his name, fortunately. Is he the one nicknamed Gollum?

The last straw for me was that claxon sounding and him saying "Even if you don't want it, just buy it"

EDIT - - - Just found his name on another post, Peter Simon, ugh. Is he "Gollum"?

Since Mike Mason and the "worry angel" bloke arrived from Bid, I would like to see it disappear from the air.

Sorry, I can never remember his name, fortunately. Is he the one nicknamed Gollum?

The last straw for me was that claxon sounding and him saying "Even if you don't want it, just buy it"

EDIT - - - Just found his name on another post, Peter Simon, ugh. Is he "Gollum"?

Mike Mason is GOLLUM!

I understand what you’re saying Strato, the presentation is shocking. It’s almost a freak show, it’s often verging on hysteria.

I think the ‘usual price’ nonsense is sly and insulting to viewers. Many of the presentations are so disingenuous, take the dreadful Bonded ‘Leather’ and the appalling Watches. It’s hard to comprehend how they haven’t been censured by now.

Nevertheless they do, on occasion, sell products such as Vacuum Cleaners and Kitchen Kit at very keen prices. However, they are clearly tired and old fashioned, it could be it’s now had it’s day.

I couldn’t buy from them, even if something was well priced, I just don’t trust them. That’s largely down to the the totally shocking online reviews, and of course the presentation. I hope it survives but jeez it surely needs to change, drastically.

I wonder if QVC might buy them? :mysmilie_59:

2599D838-BB41-4251-A97C-D00D0869D330.jpgA60DEBD5-733B-4E19-B7A4-07600A25854B.jpg

I can see why MM is called Gollum now.

So what is the approved nickname for PS?

If he doesn't have a suitable one, lets make one up between us.

I always think of him as the "worry angel conman"

His catchphrase could be "My name's Bond, Leather Bond"

I always use the nickname "Pervy Pete", seems appropriate...

I’ve always referred to PS as Dirty Peter. In my opinion he’s absolutely vile and he’s right at home on this awful channel.

Ideal World is a bit of freak show really, no surprise it’s in trouble. Let’s hope any potential new owner has a clear out of the Goons and much of the carp it sells and get back to being a good channel, which it certainly once was.

Just check out Trust Pilot, their reviews are dire. They are easily the worst rated retailer on there :mysmilie_59:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.idealworld.tv

The whole "come on.....get your order in now....check out your baskets" is just so off-putting. It is the equivalent of those con men you used to see on Watchdogs, that would visit old ladies and basically refuse to leave the house until they had spent their life savings on a new roof.

The thing is, as somebody said above, the prices can be great, so there is no need for the pressure selling. Of course, a big part of the problem as well, is people like Gollum and dirty Peter seeing themselves as some kind of comedy character that they hope you tune in to watch just as much as you do to check out whatever goods they are selling.

Coupled with so called "experts" trying to sell years old tech as though it is the latest thing, and you have a recipe for a foul tasting experience.

As Gollum once said on Bid TV, with a smirk/sneer on his face "you've got to buy this, you've got no choice". He was saying the product was amazing, but his words made me want to punch the screen!

As Gollum once said on Bid TV, with a smirk/sneer on his face "you've got to buy this, you've got no choice". He was saying the product was amazing, but his words made me want to punch the screen!

Lets look at the similarities from Bid, and now I/W. We all know the same goons, or as they like to be portrayed, so called "Experts", are doing or have done the same to both channels. I was delighted bid folded because of all the fibs and over the top panic selling. Then to my horror, most of the worst of them popped up again on I/W and have in my opinion, bought the same brand of poor bid style to I/W. Later, I understand Andy Hodgson is also involved, and the full cycle of failure is now complete, with the ex bid mob now fully involved with another seeming failure. Look at the similarities, and this group seem to be, in my opinion, fully responsible for the demise, or downward trend of I/W. I am sorry for any redundancies that may or may not be waiting for the back room staff. Well done to all presenters in causing such a demise! I wonder what channel they will pop up on next? Have a great Sunday peeps.

Goodbye IdealWorld

Lets look at the similarities from Bid, and now I/W. We all know the same goons, or as they like to be portrayed, so called "Experts", are doing or have done the same to both channels. I was delighted bid folded because of all the fibs and over the top panic selling. Then to my horror, most of the worst of them popped up again on I/W and have in my opinion, bought the same brand of poor bid style to I/W. Later, I understand Andy Hodgson is also involved, and the full cycle of failure is now complete, with the ex bid mob now fully involved with another seeming failure. Look at the similarities, and this group seem to be, in my opinion, fully responsible for the demise, or downward trend of I/W. I am sorry for any redundancies that may or may not be waiting for the back room staff. Well done to all presenters in causing such a demise! I wonder what channel they will pop up on next? Have a great Sunday peeps.

As awful and dishonest as the horrid presenters are (how do they sleep at night?!), I'm surprised nobody ever mentions the "children" that run the show. You only have to hear they're pathetic sniggering and occasional appearances to see that the camera crew are barely out of college, and are only there for a laugh. The sooner this channel goes under the better.

The sooner they get rid of these two the better, Watching them 'selling' tablets, watches and mobile phones is painfully embarrassing.

Peterborough's Ideal Shopping Direct under new ownership after sale ...

The company, of Newark Road and which employs about 800 people, has been bought by pan-European asset manager Aurelius

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk...under-new-ownership-after-sale-deal-1-8577873
"...[FONT=&quot]a compelling investment opportunity..."

Perhaps they're only really interested in Create and Craft (though I would argue that even that has a limited lifespan)? Ideal World will require much more than just good new products to restore its reputation.[/FONT]

Get rid of the Goons, particularly PS & MM !

And improve CS, and have a normal rate phone line (which I thought was a legal requirement for CS)

Peterborough's Ideal Shopping Direct under new ownership after sale ...

The company, of Newark Road and which employs about 800 people, has been bought by pan-European asset manager Aurelius

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk...under-new-ownership-after-sale-deal-1-8577873

Aurelius at one point used to own .......

Bid TV :mysmilie_19:

Same Goons, same old owner, same fate? :mysmilie_59:

https://aureliusinvest.com/en/press/press-releases/new-investor-for-sit-up-tv/

90E00D99-1156-41A4-9E86-CCAD1B0046DF.jpg

Latest posts

Back