Ideal World put up for sale

Price Plunge

I get the impression things are starting to go downhill again. It's back to a very limited range of products, with whole hours dedicated to a single item. If this new company was behind all those bid style channels that choked, it doesn't bode well. It's a pity as they started to pick up - new ranges and more variety - for a while, and presentations used to be more relaxed and not too shouty. Hope they don't go - with no other competition, QVC will continue to climb further up themselves.

If anyone remembers watching Bid TV and/or Price-drop TV, they made extensive use of audible cues such as a siren to indicate an imminent price drop, plus they also displayed the names of buyers such as "David from Peterborough" in a scrolling ticker display. Ideal World has been experimenting with similar features particularly since Aurelius took over; when Peter Simon was presenting a watch show they used the sound of "rattling jewellery" (I kid you not!) to indicate that a watch had limited stock or sold out, plus the occasional use of a buyers' names display showing a selection of customers.

Paul_s

tea and cake
now that Aurelius are in the driving seat will they reissue the Peter Simon figurine? (Gold plated this time?)

peter-simon-10th-anniversary-figurine_360_8d412be86e9f4b81b16b1a96d234b1ad.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamesbren
AdBlock Detected

Thank you for visiting ShoppingTelly.com

We get it, advertisements are annoying, however without them this forum would cease to exist.

Members of ShoppingTelly.com can go TOTALLY AD FREE, VIP LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP is just £10!

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks